Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: Floor board spacers  (Read 18444 times)

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
Re: Floor board spacers
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 05:38:09 PM »

Anybody know if I can get something along these lines for my Fatboy? Would I be able to just cut half a dozen bits of stainless pipe about a 1/2" long and use longer bolts?

look at reply #13

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=3975.msg422495#msg422495
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

ox666

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE4
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 05:39:48 PM »

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 FXDB-sold
    • CVO2: FLHRSE4-sold
    • CVO3: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 09:07:47 PM »

Too narrow by how much ? 

I was going to order some soon too.

Can you file or dremel the slot ?

The rear brackets fit perfect, problem is the width of the front support arms are the same as the rear, and the front brackets are almost half as wide.

I'm pretty sure a dremel won't work.

I asked the guys at Kuryakyn if they had any thing else that would fit . . . . they said no.

This may only be a problem for SERK's, but they weren't sure.  They said they were Sorry and I said . . . Me Too!

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »

The rear brackets fit perfect, problem is the width of the front support arms are the same as the rear, and the front brackets are almost half as wide.

I'm pretty sure a dremel won't work.

I asked the guys at Kuryakyn if they had any thing else that would fit . . . . they said no.

This may only be a problem for SERK's, but they weren't sure.  They said they were Sorry and I said . . . Me Too!

I was about to buy these.  Has anyone used these on a SEUC - or does anyone know if the mounting between a SERK and SEUC is the same or different?   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2008, 09:59:56 AM »

I was about to buy these.  Has anyone used these on a SEUC - or does anyone know if the mounting between a SERK and SEUC is the same or different?   :nixweiss:

Scott, are you trying to use the spacers, or the kit that moves it forward too? The 1" Kury spacers alone are no problem. I have them on my SERK. There were no issues installing them. I never looked at the Relocator Brackets to move them forward. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2008, 10:01:26 AM »

[/quote

Sorry, this photo is a tad blurry, but it clearly shows the problem.  The bracket on the left is the front, and the one on right is the rear.

The rear bracket fits fine. The gap on front bracket, where it attaches to the support arm, is too narrow.  The support arms (where they attach to the footboard) on my '08 SERK, are the same width.

It should be easy to see if these will work or not.  Just look at the width of the footboard support arms (where they attach to the footboard).

Hope this helps.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 10:22:13 AM »

Scott, are you trying to use the spacers, or the kit that moves it forward too? The 1" Kury spacers alone are no problem. I have them on my SERK. There were no issues installing them. I never looked at the Relocator Brackets to move them forward. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Howie,

I was going to move them out and forward with the Relocator brackets - but now am unsure if they will work.  Now that I have seen the picture of the relocator bracket, I'll have to look at my brackets and see if they will work or not...
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 10:22:49 AM »

[/quote

Sorry, this photo is a tad blurry, but it clearly shows the problem.  The bracket on the left is the front, and the one on right is the rear.

The rear bracket fits fine. The gap on front bracket, where it attaches to the support arm, is too narrow.  The support arms (where they attach to the footboard) on my '08 SERK, are the same width.

It should be easy to see if these will work or not.  Just look at the width of the footboard support arms (where they attach to the footboard).

Hope this helps.

thanks - I'll take a look and see if they will work on my SEUC...
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

ox666

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 11:28:27 AM »

Trying to find a solution to widen and lengthen footboard position has been annoying the chit outa me for a while.

Kury P/N 4588 (pics in this thread) is supposed to move rider boards out 1" and fwd 1".  Apparently it doesn't work on SERKs which is a PITA because it's exactly what I need.

Kury P/N 450 only moves boards out 3/4"

So riddle me this batman,  If 4588 fits a SEUC that would mean the front support arm of a SEUC is different to a SERK - can I then put a front support arm from a SEUC on my SERK and then use kit 4588????

I hope I haven't confused things even further :nixweiss:

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 11:47:37 AM »

Trying to find a solution to widen and lengthen footboard position has been annoying the chit outa me for a while.

Kury P/N 4588 (pics in this thread) is supposed to move rider boards out 1" and fwd 1".  Apparently it doesn't work on SERKs which is a PITA because it's exactly what I need.

Kury P/N 450 only moves boards out 3/4"

So riddle me this batman,  If 4588 fits a SEUC that would mean the front support arm of a SEUC is different to a SERK - can I then put a front support arm from a SEUC on my SERK and then use kit 4588????

I hope I haven't confused things even further :nixweiss:

I'm following you just fine.  Here is the dilemma however . . .

"If" the floorboards on a SEUC and a SERK are interchangeable then they both have the same issue as far as the Kuryakyn 4588 kit is concerned.

"If" the width of the front support arm (where it attaches to the floorboard) on the SEUC is different than a SERK, then the kit "may" work (on the SEUC), However . . . In order to make it work on the SERK (assuming the front support arm for the SEUC matches the width of the Kuryakyn bracket) I think you would have to change out the floorboards as well.

Now have I throughly confused you?   :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 11:52:57 AM by brewnut56 »

ox666

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 12:08:54 PM »

I'm following you just fine.  Here is the dilemma however . . .

"If" the floorboards on a SEUC and a SERK are interchangeable then they both have the same issue as far as the Kuryakyn 4588 kit is concerned.

"If" the width of the front support arm (where it attaches to the floorboard) on the SEUC is different than a SERK, then the kit "may" work (on the SEUC), However . . . In order to make it work on the SERK (assuming the front support arm for the SEUC matches the width of the Kuryakyn bracket) I think you would have to change out the floorboards as well.

Now have I throughly confused you?   :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Not totally confused yet.

Have a look at Replies 8 & 9 - seems 4588 fits an 08 SEUC.  So the front support arm of SEUC must be narrower where it attaches to the footboard.  However, if they are interchangeable it would be easier to pack out the SERK footboard and use 4588. 

Or...given that you've bought 4588 - would 2 sets of the rear bracket do the job.  As in, does the rear bracket also fit the front support arm?

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2008, 02:51:27 PM »

I haven't tried putting a rear bracket on the front, so I cant say for sure  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
Besides having to buy two sets of 4588's @ $89.99/ea, in order to have 4 brackets of the proper width, I still dont think it will work.

Width aside, the front brackets are different than the rear.  There is a set screw on both the front brackets.  Instructions state turn set screw in until it makes contact with the support arm.  Dont ask me what they do . . .  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Once I found the front brackets didnt fit I boxed em back up and called Kuryakyn for a RA #   >:(

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 06:03:38 PM »

I haven't tried putting a rear bracket on the front, so I cant say for sure  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
Besides having to buy two sets of 4588's @ $89.99/ea, in order to have 4 brackets of the proper width, I still dont think it will work.

Width aside, the front brackets are different than the rear.  There is a set screw on both the front brackets.  Instructions state turn set screw in until it makes contact with the support arm.  Dont ask me what they do . . .  :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Once I found the front brackets didnt fit I boxed em back up and called Kuryakyn for a RA #   >:(

I don't suppose you know what the width of the slot is on the front Kuryakyn bracket and what the width of the slot is on the rear Kuryakyn bracket do you?     :nixweiss:
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2008, 06:22:15 PM »

I don't suppose you know what the width of the slot is on the front Kuryakyn bracket and what the width of the slot is on the rear Kuryakyn bracket do you?     :nixweiss:

Well just so happens I do . . . .   :2vrolijk_21:  I haven't shipped them back yet.

The slot on the front bracket is 5/16" and the slot on the rear is 1/2".

I was excited about using these on my '08 SERK, bummed that they don't fit.   >:(

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
    • IL

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2008, 06:29:07 PM »

Well just so happens I do . . . .   :2vrolijk_21:  I haven't shipped them back yet.

The slot on the front bracket is 5/16" and the slot on the rear is 1/2".

I was excited about using these on my '08 SERK, bummed that they don't fit.   >:(

That is interesting - because the width of both the front and rear floorboard mounting arms on my 07 SEUC is 1/2" - which would mean these brackets would not fit an Ultra either???

What is the width of the floorboard mounting arms on your SERK?
Screamin Eagle 120r
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 20 queries.