Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49

Author Topic: JCZ mods have begun.......  (Read 170968 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: JCZ mods have begun.......
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2009, 09:33:41 PM »

I'll be using this for function and not looks.  So.......Jim will be mounting the luggage rack and lid organizer with the luggge rack bolts through it......to hold the weight of all the crap I stuff into the lid organizer.

Where are those damn leg fairings?  I'm anxious to see how much difference they'll make regarding the heat (no heat) issue. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 09:35:15 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

harleymike77

« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2009, 08:15:40 AM »

Hey JCZ......... I am absolutely astonished by the AWESOME work you have done to this bike - absolutely floored!  Keep up the mods 'cause you're giving me some awesome ideas!

I just had a quick question for you regarding the GPS.  What kind is it - Is it a Zumo 550?.  As well, how is it mounted (I like the location), and is it "hard wired" in, or "plugged in".  Sorry for being so "naive", but I have never owned a GPS, and am considering buying one for my SESG.  I have the "Spiced Rum" on order, but after seeing your bike and a few other Candy Concords on this Forum, I may switch colors......

Oh, and what ideas do you have for the exhaust?  Just curious......MAN your bike looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!   Keep it up  :2vrolijk_21:

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2009, 09:19:19 AM »

words cannot describe the AWESOME. :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2009, 10:26:23 AM »

Hey JCZ......... I am absolutely astonished by the AWESOME work you have done to this bike - absolutely floored!  Keep up the mods 'cause you're giving me some awesome ideas!

I just had a quick question for you regarding the GPS.  What kind is it - Is it a Zumo 550?.  As well, how is it mounted (I like the location), and is it "hard wired" in, or "plugged in".  Sorry for being so "naive", but I have never owned a GPS, and am considering buying one for my SESG.  I have the "Spiced Rum" on order, but after seeing your bike and a few other Candy Concords on this Forum, I may switch colors......

Oh, and what ideas do you have for the exhaust?  Just curious......MAN your bike looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!   Keep it up  :2vrolijk_21:

Actually, I just come up with the ideas.......Jim does all my work now and for the past three or four years.  We were talking on the phone last night about how it used to be in his one car garage behind his home and all of us would wait in line one at a time, in his driveway.  He'd finish what ever it was he was doing and it would be a musical bike shuffle.....but not necessarily to the music. :huepfenlol2:

The GPS is a Garmin 2730 Street Pilot on both bikes and in two trucks.  It's no longer available and the Zumo seems to be the motorcyclist's choice now.  Be sure to get the model with XM if you travel much.  The mount is the Tech Mount (also available for the Zumo) that can be found here.....  http://www.techmounts.com/products/index.php?application=GPS&make=HARLEY-DAVIDSON&model=FLHTCSE+Screamin%27+Eagle&year=2004&page_function=mmp_search&x=102&y=9   

Jim wired the GPS through the fairing however, I still unplug the GPS and take it in the hotel with me at night.  The cables (2) just plug right into the back of the unit, once you have the wiring done.  It provides for a fairly clean look.  If you take your time in setting up the mount and play with it a bit, you'll find a perfect location where you can still protect it behind the fairing and shield pretty much yet be able to see all your guages still.  Once you get a GPS and learn how to use it (that didn't take long......one trip) you'll never leave home without it again. :2vrolijk_21: 

Hey, we all learn from each other.  There was a time when I didn't know anything about GPS (what do you mean it knows where all the gas stations and restaurants are...........and it even breaks them down to culture like Italian, Chinese, Fast Food, etc.) and I was asking all the questions.  That's one of the free benefits of this forum. :2vrolijk_21:

We can't all ride the same bike (and quite frankly, don't want to).  There isn't anything that I've done that you can't do to the spiced rum or the Tequilla Sunrise for that matter.  And I'm sure that you'll pick up ideas from others along the way, also......that do things diferently than I've done.  That's what it's all about. :2vrolijk_21:

As for my bike......I've got some pretty trick ideas and things still coming.......just wait and see!  It takes way longer than I want to wait.....that's the down side. :(
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2009, 10:32:14 AM »

By the way........thanks for all the complaments guys.  I appreciate them and don't take them for granted......thanks again! :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »

JC, the tour pack looks awsome and you know I love the blue. You forgot to mention the GPS's have trouble locating BBQ joints. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2009, 11:20:43 AM »

HarleyMike 77.........I missed your question about exhaust.

I'm quite happy with my bike the way it is.......first motorcycle I've owned that I could hear the stereo at 80-90 mph! :2vrolijk_21:  However, I am waiting for Bub to come out with the Stealth (it's a street legal exhaust that is a tad bit louder than stock and has more of the traditional Harley sound without being to loud). 

They sent me an email a few days ago saying that their exhaust for the 10 MY will be released late next month.  The 10s are different due to the co2 sensor bungs being relocated and that's why I (we) wait. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2009, 11:22:07 AM »

JC, the tour pack looks awsome and you know I love the blue. You forgot to mention the GPS's have trouble locating BBQ joints. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I laughed out loud at that one Terry.  When they're all closed down, it doesn't matter what brand of GPS you're using, huh. :nixweiss:  That was funny, though. :2vrolijk_21:

There's been a time or two when we needed gas really bad and go to where it says and the gas station is closed............like our group ride to Death Valley.

West Coast GTG   

sgchick

• Sweeper
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2009, 11:39:16 AM »

I'll be using this for function and not looks.  So.......Jim will be mounting the luggage rack and lid organizer with the luggge rack bolts through it......to hold the weight of all the crap I stuff into the lid organizer.

Where are those damn leg fairings?  I'm anxious to see how much difference they'll make regarding the heat (no heat) issue. :2vrolijk_21:

Love the blue JC!! Looks awesome!! :2vrolijk_21: I'll be seeing it shortly!!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2009, 05:30:37 PM »

JC the tour pack looks really good...can't wait to order mine. Did it come with a lock cylinder installed and keyed alike or is that another project that they make us do on our own?

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2009, 11:13:54 PM »

JC the tour pack looks really good...can't wait to order mine. Did it come with a lock cylinder installed and keyed alike or is that another project that they make us do on our own?

The lockset need to be ordered separatly, can be ordered to match your keycode though.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2009, 11:26:04 PM »

The lockset need to be ordered separatly, can be ordered to match your keycode though.

So is it safe to assume that's been done? ;D

I can tell you that nothing comes with the tour pack.....not the lock or the mounting hardware, the liner, luggage rack......everything's extra. :nixweiss:  That's why they tour pack ends up costing so damn much when it's all said and done.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 11:27:48 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2009, 07:40:38 AM »

I can tell you that nothing comes with the tour pack.....not the lock or the mounting hardware, the liner, luggage rack......everything's extra. :nixweiss:  That's why they tour pack ends up costing so damn much when it's all said and done.
You could probably get some great looking billet hinges from D00d.  :oops: har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2009, 09:39:20 AM »

You could probably get some great looking billet hinges from D00d.  :oops: har!  :drink: spyder

Dood has hinges? Never seen em on anything!

JW

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2009, 12:05:25 PM »

Dood has hinges? Never seen em on anything!

JW
They are stealth. ;) :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 49

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 25 queries.