Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49

Author Topic: JCZ mods have begun.......  (Read 170961 times)

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
Re: JCZ mods have begun.......
« Reply #615 on: April 18, 2010, 05:33:42 AM »

I think you'd be safe with that order.  I'd suggest that you order it from Jim (hd-dude) primarily because he knows CVOs and the issues of concern as far as the Corbin seats go.  And, he'll give you a discount, also. :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks again for this info , i will think about again and will have to discuss with my wife ( holy cow ) and when i would order then i will contact Jim hd dude .  :2vrolijk_21:
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

djc

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #616 on: April 19, 2010, 09:04:12 PM »

Your search returned no results, please try again.

Contact Your Dealer   Need Help?     Go To Shopping Cart

-------------------

When I used those numbers I get this responce    :oops:

You need to go to Chicago Harley or Tri County Harley web site and put in the part number - at least for the chrome engine guard - Harley does not have it in their book or on their site.

sugarbear20

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #617 on: April 19, 2010, 09:43:24 PM »

Looks good..I have 2 questiuons for ya. What is the part # for the lic plate frame--I NEED THAT ON MINE!!!!! I found lic plate frames on the site, but not the one with the LED's

and--are you going to do the magnetic covers for the docking hardware? I put those on mine and it covers them up nicely.
Do you have pictures of the covers and where you got them?
I dont' think you heard what I thought I said
2010 SESG
candy concord
WOW

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #618 on: April 19, 2010, 10:16:32 PM »

Do you have pictures of the covers and where you got them?

You get them at the dealership.

In this photo you can see them on the front two of the 4 pt. docking hardware but not on the back two.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #619 on: May 12, 2010, 02:17:31 PM »

JC--I'm new on here and gotta say thanks for all your posting on this website; I've spent a lot of time looking at your stuff (mods and postings from your trips) over the past few days. Nice work!

Could you (and maybe HD-Dude) help me out with something? Was at a dealer yesterday scoping out a '10 SESG and they were trying to tell me that the only way to get the Tourpak on is to change the taillights (would obviously not do that) and hard mount it.

How, exactly, did you do your set up? And can you tell me (to the best of your knowledge) all of the parts involved? I see that you have the four-point hardware... Did you hard mount the Tourpak to a quick-detach rack?

I would just start out with the tourpak on the bike for 2-up riding on longer trips.

Thanks in advance.
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #620 on: May 12, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »

Was at a dealer yesterday scoping out a '10 SESG and they were trying to tell me that the only way to get the Tourpak on is to change the taillights (would obviously not do that) and hard mount it.

First you need to stay away from whoever that was at the dealer.

Use the detach tour pac rack and 4 point docking hardware, I'm sure JCZ can help out with part #'s

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #621 on: May 12, 2010, 02:43:58 PM »

JC--I'm new on here and gotta say thanks for all your posting on this website; I've spent a lot of time looking at your stuff (mods and postings from your trips) over the past few days. Nice work!

Could you (and maybe HD-Dude) help me out with something? Was at a dealer yesterday scoping out a '10 SESG and they were trying to tell me that the only way to get the Tourpak on is to change the taillights (would obviously not do that) and hard mount it.

How, exactly, did you do your set up? And can you tell me (to the best of your knowledge) all of the parts involved? I see that you have the four-point hardware... Did you hard mount the Tourpak to a quick-detach rack?

I would just start out with the tourpak on the bike for 2-up riding on longer trips.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the complaments.....I appreciate that.  I just came up with the ideas and the credit card.....Jim gets the credit for all the work. :nervous:

But like Bubblehead said......be very leery of a dealership that would say something like that to you.

I don't have the part numbers here at work however, it's basically the tour pack (ordered specifically for the color of SESG that you buy/bought).  Then it's just a matter of the "4 Pt. Docking Hardware" and the quick release kit.  Nothing major or exceptional and pretty straight forward. 

With the quick release kit there are two possible positions of about an inch or so further forward or futher back, depending on the holes that you put the bolts through.

In the solo position I put mine further forward however, in the two up position I put it to the rear position.

JR, you're welcome to send me a PM (private message) anytime or (and as you've just learned)......these guys are really helpful and if you ask on one of the threads, one of the others may get to you quicker.  It's all good.

One thing you need to do is click on this link and then click on "New Topic" and start a thread to introduce yourself.  Tell everybody who you are, your riding experience and where you're from.  This forum is full of more help than all the others put together.........  go ahead and click on this link....    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?board=30.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JohnnyRock

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #622 on: May 12, 2010, 04:56:39 PM »

Thanks both of you for your quick responses and the help...

JC--I'm on a tight deadline here at work as well and trying to get out of town, so upon my return (or if time allows later) I'll follow your above link and introduce myself.

Keep up the great work and thanks again!
FLHXSE/2
SERT
V&H Dresser Duals
CFR Slip-ons

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #623 on: May 12, 2010, 07:03:35 PM »

just reread parts of your post just amazing whats next. how many miles you got so far. again great mods im gonna feel guilty for copying your solo seat and backrest.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:09:31 PM by trwtow »
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #624 on: May 12, 2010, 11:09:52 PM »

just reread parts of your post just amazing whats next. how many miles you got so far. again great mods im gonna feel guilty for copying your solo seat and backrest.

As they say......imitation is the best form of flattery.  You guys can use what ever ideas you want to. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #625 on: June 01, 2010, 08:41:16 PM »

No mods for awhile now.  Is there anything that I've missed or forgotten? :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

worshipduder

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #626 on: June 01, 2010, 08:44:03 PM »

No mods for awhile now.  Is there anything that I've missed or forgotten? :nixweiss:

Sorry, i have been really quite this month doing all my mods by myself. just finished on friday and have been ridin her ever since

I will try and make you proud:) and get pics in the next 48hrs. i will start a new thread so look for it!

mj
2010 FLXHSE Candy Concord
V&H Power Duals
V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons
TTS Mastertune
Feuling Reaper 574 Camchest Kit
Feuling Oil Pump
Dyno'd at 116 HP & 118 TQ
C&C Flame Stitched Seat
Wild 1 Chubby 575s
PM Contour Touring Mirrors
J&M 7.25 Speakers & 250 Watt Amp
Hogtunes Hogpod
Riders Claw
HD Contoured Heated Hand Grips
Wicked Image Flame Shift Linkage
Klock Werks Flare 8.5
HD Electra-Glo™ Light Pod Kit
Kury License Plate

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #627 on: June 01, 2010, 08:56:51 PM »

Now, Now, Now...JC...I know you well enough to state that I would consider this one done...but the members of this site will be more than willing to spend you and Terrie's money!!!

;)

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #628 on: June 01, 2010, 09:48:13 PM »

im sure you will think of something :2vrolijk_21:
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #629 on: June 01, 2010, 10:35:32 PM »

Now, Now, Now...JC...I know you well enough to state that I would consider this one done...but the members of this site will be more than willing to spend you and Terrie's money!!!

;)

The money's all gone.  That's why I gotta stay home and work while Terrie goes down to the southwest GTG in a couple weeks. :(

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 21 queries.