Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49

Author Topic: JCZ mods have begun.......  (Read 170976 times)

JZ3

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE (Candy Concord)
Re: JCZ mods have begun.......
« Reply #705 on: June 16, 2011, 11:17:05 PM »

Thanks JCZ...I was leaning towards purchasing the solo mount vs. the 2Up.  I appreciate you confirming it will fit with the seat/backrest.  I will work through Jim (Metal Dragon) to order the Corbin seat and backrest.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #706 on: September 30, 2011, 10:56:22 AM »

Those wheels are on page #38 of this thread.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Harleypingman

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #707 on: September 30, 2011, 07:13:21 PM »

JCZ,

This thread is 48 pages in length with 700+ posts.  Perhaps a Table of Contents at the beginning would be useful for those who may not be regular readers/followers--just a suggestion.

Carl

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #708 on: September 30, 2011, 11:59:23 PM »

JCZ,

This thread is 48 pages in length with 700+ posts.  Perhaps a Table of Contents at the beginning would be useful for those who may not be regular readers/followers--just a suggestion.

Carl

Sure.....go ahead.   Thanks for offering! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #709 on: October 01, 2011, 10:56:04 AM »

JCZ,

Carl
this post also caused us to spend lots of $$$$$$$$ thanks alot :2vrolijk_21:
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #710 on: October 02, 2011, 06:20:39 PM »

this post also caused us to spend lots of $$$$$$$$ thanks alot :2vrolijk_21:

:o :o  OMG......and all this time I just thought I was helping. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #711 on: October 02, 2011, 07:08:36 PM »

:o :o  OMG......and all this time I just thought I was helping. :nixweiss:

Helping.......with all of those mods I'm sure you helped some on here into divorce court :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:10:38 PM by mjb765 »

AZ Sparky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 in Kryptonite/Black
« Reply #712 on: October 04, 2011, 10:27:35 AM »

:o :o  OMG......and all this time I just thought I was helping. :nixweiss:

No no, it's called ENABLING, not helping.
Sparky

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #713 on: January 29, 2012, 11:08:47 PM »

The latest mod (at 41k miles, still doing mods!).....tour pack spoiler with LED brake light.  Of course it helps when you ride with your king tour pack in the solo position.

Because I had the post on my Corbin rider backrest extended 1 1/2", it doesn't work with the tour pack in the solo position.  So, I had the lady at the local leather alterations shop make a new pad that velcros just below the tour pack lid (still using the Corbin solo backrest pad on the tour pack lid....see the photos), making it much thicker than the pad that Corbin provides.  It works great for me, being a taller rider.

**Disclaimer**  And at 41k miles you can tell that no Glare products have ever been used to dull the finish on this bike! :huepfenlol2:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:15:36 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #714 on: January 30, 2012, 08:12:52 AM »

JC your bike is awesome. I love the look!!! Question? When you complete the mods will you sell it and start over?  :nixweiss: Face
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #715 on: January 30, 2012, 09:33:23 AM »

Your bike looks amazing JC.  I love the fact that it is a "work in progress" project, as there is always something to make it just a little nicer of a ride.  I'm sure someday you will get around to replacing those hinges.  ;D

Keep up the great work!
 :2vrolijk_21:
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #716 on: January 30, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »

Your bike looks amazing JC.  I love the fact that it is a "work in progress" project, as there is always something to make it just a little nicer of a ride.  I'm sure someday you will get around to replacing those hinges.  ;DKeep up the great work!
 :2vrolijk_21:

I'm not so optamistic.  The hinges just aren't an issue for me.  I never notice them on anybody else' bike unless they tell me "I got the billet hinges".  My thinking is kind of like Fire d00d's.....to little return for the $ and the time and it's not going to increase my comfort or safety. :nixweiss:

Seriously guys......my bike doesn't always look this nice.  Even though it's been a few weeks and a couple thousand miles on it since it was washed last, my bike has looked much, much worse and will again.  I ride it!  And if it's pouring rain and I get caught in it.....I keep riding.....sometimes hundreds of miles.  It's definately not garage jewlery!

No Face......this is my last one.  If there's another new bike in my future, it'll probably be a trike because I just got to damn old to hold this one up.  On that note.......Terrie and I are riding with our tour packs on and empty.  Just to work up to being totally comfortable with the loaded down bikes when we tour later this summer.  You guys know how it gets at the end of a very long day in the saddle and we're not getting any younger or stronger.  So we're getting in shape for it. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #717 on: January 30, 2012, 10:56:29 AM »

....  On that note.......Terrie and I are riding with our tour packs on and empty.  Just to work up to being totally comfortable with the loaded down bikes when we tour later this summer.  You guys know how it gets at the end of a very long day in the saddle and we're not getting any younger or stronger.  So we're getting in shape for it. :2vrolijk_21:
Great idea!!! :2vrolijk_21: Something most of us don't think about and is definitely something to get used to if you don't have a permanently mounted TP. I remember the first time I rode my bike with the KTP on I was leaving for Sturgis in '04. This was my first motorcycle trip and of course I packed to much :zstupid:... the difference of the bike weighed down, a lot of the weight behind the rear axle made for a very scary feeling until I got used to the difference. If you would have asked me the first couple miles of that trip I would have sworn the front wheel wasn't on the ground. It's a whole different animal when weight is distributed differently w/a loaded KTP.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #718 on: January 30, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »

Great idea!!! :2vrolijk_21: Something most of us don't think about and is definitely something to get used to if you don't have a permanently mounted TP. I remember the first time I rode my bike with the KTP on I was leaving for Sturgis in '04. This was my first motorcycle trip and of course I packed to much :zstupid:... the difference of the bike weighed down, a lot of the weight behind the rear axle made for a very scary feeling until I got used to the difference. If you would have asked me the first couple miles of that trip I would have sworn the front wheel wasn't on the ground. It's a whole different animal when weight is distributed differently w/a loaded KTP.
 :pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Especially when you run around all summer long with nothing back there and now you're loaded 3' higher and another 100 lbs. up there.  I carry an ice chest in my tour pack, so that really adds the weight up high. :o  Not an issue for me, but I like to make sure it's not going to be an issue for Terrie at the end of a long day in the saddle and we're pulling off the road in the desert....now on sand or something. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • SMF Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #719 on: January 30, 2012, 12:31:59 PM »

I'm not so optamistic.  The hinges just aren't an issue for me.  I never notice them on anybody else' bike unless they tell me "I got the billet hinges".  My thinking is kind of like Fire d00d's.....to little return for the $ and the time and it's not going to increase my comfort or safety. :nixweiss:

Seriously guys......my bike doesn't always look this nice.  Even though it's been a few weeks and a couple thousand miles on it since it was washed last, my bike has looked much, much worse and will again.  I ride it!  And if it's pouring rain and I get caught in it.....I keep riding.....sometimes hundreds of miles.  It's definately not garage jewlery!

No Face......this is my last one.  If there's another new bike in my future, it'll probably be a trike because I just got to damn old to hold this one up.  On that note.......Terrie and I are riding with our tour packs on and empty.  Just to work up to being totally comfortable with the loaded down bikes when we tour later this summer.  You guys know how it gets at the end of a very long day in the saddle and we're not getting any younger or stronger.  So we're getting in shape for it. :2vrolijk_21:

That will be my next ride JC, a tri-glide when I get to old and sore to throw my leg over the saddle  :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.