Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: Race Tuner  (Read 9186 times)

widerider

Race Tuner
« on: March 18, 2004, 05:45:12 PM »

So the hot set up seems to be a race tuner .Has anyone here installed one on there own? I've done the power comander on my last bike and install and programing was very easy[ I have access to a dyno with a sniffer] Just need to hear if it has to be done by a dealer as I've heard,it is locked in to allow use on only one bike. Thanks for any help. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Black_Dog

• Full CVO Member
  • CVO Forum Member #157
Re: Race Tuner
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 05:50:50 PM »

I have installed both, the H-D unit takes more time but has much better instructions and photos.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 05:58:23 PM by Black_Dog »
2004 FLHTCSE

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 07:25:40 PM »

[ I have access to a dyno with a sniffer]  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Lucky you...Considering a good dyno tune cost 300-400 dollars! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

starvin

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 08:28:16 PM »

« Last Edit: March 18, 2004, 08:31:43 PM by starvin »

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 08:38:36 AM »

Make sure and get the latest version of the race tuner there is a difference.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 09:09:35 AM »

I did not have a map for the Race Tuner and the D&D Exhaust that I have on my SEEG, so I used the Power Commander, runs great.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

widerider

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 07:49:16 PM »

Thanks all for the info .Goin Sat. to pick up a race tuner got my thunder header today {black chrome with falsie ] maybe can get on the dyno early next week.Thanks again now if the snow will stay away. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 04:53:41 PM »

Thanks all for the info .Goin Sat. to pick up a race tuner got my thunder header today {black chrome with falsie ] maybe can get on the dyno early next week.Thanks again now if the snow will stay away. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I'd like to see photos of that bike with the black chrome Theaders.  You're going to love that exhaust system!  It's high doller for a reason.  It looks damn nice, best sounding exhaust out there and best performing.  The draw back is that it's allso the loudest.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2004, 06:53:31 PM »

My RT came yesterday. I've had the Bassani slip ons and SE breather waiting on it for a couple of weeks now. Chicago HD has great prices and (it seems) good service but it took forever for them to ship parts.

Still trying to figure out if I can adj the factory downloads that come w/ the RT. I assume so. HD parts guy sez that I won't be able to do much w/o a dyno. Also said that the ECM is not capable of storing data on it's own. He said at the dealership they have some sorta analyzer that plugs in and rides along in the saddle bag to store data for the software.

Anybody know if this is true? I've been perusing the User's manual and it sounds to me like the RT is fully capable of instructing the ECM to store certain data to be uploaded back into the software. Up to 30 min I think.

Ya know, I work on stupid robots and lasers for a living. I figured 'how complicated can this software be'. Awwww hell, I guess I just need to spend more time reading the user's manual. Anyhow, if any of you guys have tips or suggestions, I'd appreciate hearing 'em!
Thanks,
Mark  [smiley=dunce.gif]

starvin

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 08:22:14 PM »

Hey Bikrtrsh, the ECM itself does not store the data what you do is hook up your laptop and put it in your saddlebag and it will record up to 30min of data that you can play back on your laptop. Also you start with one of the Harley maps thats close to what you need and then make some changes to fine tune it. Then save it as a different map. If you screw up you can always go back and reinstall the original map. I'm certainly no genius on the computer but i didn't think it was to tough. Again its alot easier to read the manual when its printed out instead of trying to read it on the computer.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2004, 09:20:42 PM »

Are you guys doing this without a dyno?  If so, what are you doing about your A/F ratio?  How are you reading it across the power band, without a sniffer?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

starvin

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2004, 09:27:08 PM »

The data recorder will record the A/F ratio however it is just the expected ratio the real ratio may be different. It will also print out a dyno run but again I know its not as accurate as being on a dyno machine. I want to get my bike close to what i want and at least 500 miles on it before I have it dynoed for real. also want to make sure the person doing it knows what there doing, this seems to be the hardest part. I'm not looking to make the most hp just want the bike to run smooth and cool.

widerider

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2004, 08:58:27 AM »

JCZ, had a little set back dealer did'nt have RT in stock but I will post pic. asap on the theaders [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2004, 09:38:15 AM »

Hey Bikrtrsh, the ECM itself does not store the data what you do is hook up your laptop and put it in your saddlebag and it will record up to 30min of data that you can play back on your laptop. Also you start with one of the Harley maps thats close to what you need and then make some changes to fine tune it. Then save it as a different map. If you screw up you can always go back and reinstall the original map. I'm certainly no genius on the computer but i didn't think it was to tough. Again its alot easier to read the manual when its printed out instead of trying to read it on the computer.

Thanks Bro! I sure had that one wrong. (data recording)
I did take your advice and print out the manual, going to office max today to get the clear sheet protectors soze I can stuff 'em in a binder. Maybe that way I can wipe my greasy paw prints off! [smiley=lolk.gif]

Mark

Baranca

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2004, 10:10:54 AM »

Hey Bikrtrsh, I will be real interested to see how you fair with the R/T when all is said and done. I'm getting the same setup this week - R/T, Bassannis slip ons and high flow air. I'm gonna try and do it myself as well. The last HD dealer I spoke to said that there is a map on the R/T for 103", high flow air and SE slip ons and to download that map. It will be real close to perfect without having to dyno. Then again, another dealer told me to get it dyno'd. [smiley=confused.gif]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 20 queries.