Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: why not a standard amplifier instead of Hawg Wired  (Read 2247 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: why not a standard amplifier instead of Hawg W
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2005, 10:57:37 AM »

http://www.xoxide.com/big-bad-buttkicker-gamer.html

OK, somebody got to try this and write a thread with pictures on it. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Since Twolane was the pioneer with the rest of the audio system, it follows that he should try this also.   [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
 ::)      [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  
Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2005, 03:32:48 PM »

So what, this thing is just like a lowrider with good hydraulics; but only from the seat up  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ?

butta bum hoppa hop womba boom bounce my ass; I don't theeeeeeeeeeeenk so
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 11:51:27 PM by twolanerider »

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2005, 11:33:31 PM »

No matter what you do with an amp and speakers you still will have marginal performance at speed, with the wind fighting the acoustics.  If you are so hung up on getting decent sound, use a satillite radio plugged into the head unit input plug.  Then use a set of quality earbuds, which will serve 2 purposes, (cut down wind noise, and give you true stereo sound).  All this for an initial investment of under $100 and better sound than any "open air" system can ever provide.  The real redeeming factor in all this, is you don't make other people listen to your idea of good music, when they may just want to hear the sound of their motor and the wind in their ears.  JMHO, but I will tell you it sounds great, and I still can hear the sounds around me.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 11:38:12 PM by Striker »
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 11:40:47 PM »

Striker, In some states it is illegal to wear headphones or ear buds in both ears while operating a motor vehicle. I know its a stupid law considering you can cover your ears with a helmet but it is the law. My buddy got a moving violation on his bike for using his ipod. The cop saw the wires and pulled him over for it. In CA. you are allowed to have an ear bud in one ear.

I agree that at 80mph your not getting concert hall sound but with this setup the sound is loud and clear.

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 11:50:08 PM »

I think they have laws governing that in all states, I wear the buds, drape the wires over my ears and then down the front, and they just sort of dissappear with the "gators" for my sunglasses.  Haven't had a problem, the one time I got stopped for speeding, a little tug before the local law enforcer walked up, and they were in my shirt.  I think in general the cops are pretty cool about something that petty, unless you are asking for attention by getting into your tunes to much with your best "Stevie Wonder" impression at 80 mph [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 20 queries.