Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Why did you buy a CVO  (Read 25557 times)

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
Why did you buy a CVO
« on: September 07, 2009, 12:49:50 AM »

What started your love affair with CVO bikes, what did it for you? For me it started like this: About a year ago I walked into my local dealership and seen a SEUC (orange and gray) on the floor and I looked at the price tag and quickly walked away but backwards until I was out the door and that was the last time I ever seen that bike. Well, about two months ago Karen and I decide that we wanted a bike that we could do some over night trips with because we knew there was no room on our Fatboy for the things we needed. So we started looking at Ultras and liked the Red Hot Sunglow, but that one did not have ABS on it so we looked on. After spending a few days reading all the information I could on the Touring bikes the Limited for the money made real since to me. So I started looking and calling and found one but the deal fell through and about that time I found this web site and then it took on a life of it's own. The more I read the more I was sold on the fact that after all the mod's I would do and the chrome I would add well you know where I at. Now it don't just have a life but it's a monster that you have to feed. And man is that SOB going to be hungry, Custom Vehicles Operation program is to design and build limited-production, factory-custom motorcycles that I really like and I appreciate brilliant chrome, exquisite paint, thundering power and the exclusivity of owning and riding a very special motorcycle. it's all the extras that this bike has to offer and it's all your faults, the Devil made me do it. LOL So soon in about 4 to 6 weeks I will have my first CVO SEUC and I really can't wait.  :coolblue:

Chris ;D  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 03:23:47 AM by NVTHIS »
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
Re: Why did you buy a CVO
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 04:19:24 AM »

Theres no replacement for displacement.And is under factory warranty.Chromes already there.Rarity.And its gonna cost you less if you built one for your self.Who knows some of the CVOs have a better chance of becoming collectible lets say in 20 more years or so.I dont know if i will still have one or even stay alive until then but thats also a fact. :drink:
Ridin Legend

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 05:24:45 AM »

My buddy bought a new 2000 FLTRSEi (O/B) and rode it trouble-free every day... I was hooked... I wasnt of the means to afford one until 2008... And I didnt like the offerings...  (I wanted a Road Glide) so I bought a SG on HD's 1.05% financing... rode that for 7 months and then the announcement.. SERG returns for 2009!

There goes the Street-Glide...  :soapbox:

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 06:37:17 AM »

I had a 04 Low Rider that i had spent several thousand on changing what was not chrome to chrome about the only thing i had left to do was change the wheels, Walk into the dealer and there sat an 07 SERK, Razor Red and chrome, 110", 6 speed and it was all over but signing the paper work, and swore i would never own a bagger. I'm very glad that i joined the CVO family and hope my next bike will be a CVO, Have no plans to go back to a standard bike.  :2vrolijk_21: :pepper: :bananarock:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 07:49:37 AM »

I spent over 10k fixing up my 02RK. bigger motor, lots of chrome....still just a nice RK !  then there was the 09SERG first I had seen the yellow I loved it and the salesmen said you should see the orange (damn ) so here we are. I told my wife we wouldnt have to change a thing, look its all done ! :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: now just shy of 10k again ! but I love it and wouldn't change a thing !  and now I have new CVO brothers :2vrolijk_21:
a.k.a  Dent Dude

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 08:23:24 AM »

factory power!!

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »

It was cheaper than building one, as I have done in the past. The resale remains higher than those bikes I spent more money on than the CVO.

FreestateSE3

• Senior CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE Convertible
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2009, 09:15:29 AM »

"When you buy a CVO, you don't have to do anything else to it"......... :biggthumpup: :biggthumpup: :biggthumpup: :biggthumpup:

I crack myself up sometimes....
Don
Rolling Thunder, Inc.
Virginia Chapter 1
"Never Again"

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2009, 09:26:05 AM »

yellowhog

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 10:01:34 AM »

My first Harley was a 2003, 100th anniversary Ultra Classic.  I knew what I wanted and the Ultra was it.  I didn't even know what a "Screamin' Eagle" was back then.  In 2005, I saw the preview for the FLHTCSE2.  I thought the bike looked cool in the red and teal, but when I saw the YELLOW, I was hooked.  Well, I couldn't afford to spend another $32,000 (since I said I'd NEVER get rid of my '03 Ultra) so I started customizing the Ultra to look as much like the Screamin' Eagle as I could and still keep the 100th anniversay paint, etc.  I dreamed of that yellow bike many times, but put it to the back of my mind...it helped that I had NEVER seen on on the road or in a dealer.  Well, this June, I was taking a trip to the Smokeys to ride the "Tail" and on the way back, I stopped at a dealer in Frankfort Indiana to buy a tee shirt.  I don't know why, but I looked across the room and I saw her.  She was gorgeous!!  To make a long story a little shorter, I negotiated with the dealership over the next 3 weeks and finally got him down to where I was comfortable ($20,000).  To my good fortune, the bike was a consignment so I only had to pay $25 tax (I live in Illinois).  She was in perfect stock condition, which was an absolute must.  I didn't want anything that someone else had "customized" their way.  I rode her home on Father's Day.  Now she sits in the garage next to my Ultra (which I seldom ride anymore).  After riding and owning a Screamin' Eagle, I would never ride anyting else.  Well, that's my story and I'm stikin' to it!!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 10:06:58 AM »

It's simple...after owning 5 Harley's and 1 full blown ground up custom, you never get the money you put in back when you sell. The CVO has a better chance of retaining more of it's value and collectibility since it will never be just a "regular" modified Harley.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 10:33:04 AM »

The reputation of Harley Davidson as a reliable & trouble free manufacturer of large V Twin air cooled engines - in my case a 110 that only had to be rebuilt twice - was one factor.  Plus, the CVO Ultra had every option a bike owner could ever dream of, except for about $5k+ (dunno exactly now but the + is a big + ) of options.  The Screamin Eagle logo was a nice touch, too, and I noticed early on that the non CVO bikes did not have a Screamin Eagle logo on them.  So that was probably the deciding factor for me.  The logo. 
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 10:47:57 AM »

... except for about $5k+ ...

;D  :D :D :D
Now that's funny! Only $5k!

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 10:51:10 AM »

I guess he just bought some exhaust and an air cleaner!!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 10:56:33 AM »

Pshaw!  I learned math from the master - he goes by the name of Hogbreath.  He learnt me my bike spending numbers a long time ago......

Now I remember, it was only $750. 

;D ;D ;D ;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 24 queries.