Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bullet lenses  (Read 863 times)

turboglide

Bullet lenses
« on: September 16, 2009, 10:31:19 AM »

I went to the dealer the other day to buy yet another smoked turn signal lends for my 05 Banana and was shocked to see they were up to $13 w/tax each. One of the tabs that hold the lens on fell off again. I decided it was time to quit wasting money on a never ending problem. Everyone I know with smoked bullet lenses experiences the same failure and I am sure many with the amber lenses do also. The front ones fail because the running light part of the bulb is always on and the bullet lights are too small to let the heat out. This causes the lenses to fail when the same lens in the rear lasts forever because most bikes just use them for turn signals. The motor company is too vain to accept this problem as being their fault and give the B.S. excuse that they do not warranty plastic parts. I had one replaced under warranty and the next time I went back for another one they not only charged me for it they also had the nuts to ask me to pay for the last one the motor company denied warranty on.
 There are many ways to avoid this problem; 1) Abandon buying Harley motorcycles and parts like they abandon us when we buy them. 2) Install LED bulbs and load equalizers. (Some LED bulbs won't go in far enough to turn and lock due to the hole in the reflector, shop around or modify reflector) 3) Install Kuryakyn LED's and forget your problems. 4) Buy your lenses here for $2 and stock up! (http://www.customdynamics.com/harley.htm)
 Just another prime example of greedy companies and the lack of respect for the consumer. I could go on and on about this $30,000 mistake I made but you have all heard it before!
92 FLHTC Turbocharged
05 Screamin Bannana
03 SERK RIP

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.