Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: HANDLE BARS  (Read 56950 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: HANDLE BARS
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2010, 12:11:33 PM »

Sorry to read that your impression of the 10" bars is not good.  I've got the same bar on my old Road Glide and like it very much.  When installed the hand and wrist angle for me are very good.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 12:52:16 PM »

Don uses them pulled back on his SERG cause he's a lil feller! But he doesn't use them as apes style. I tried them on my SERK first cause I like running apes on all my bikes, but not usually more than 14" total with the risers. The 10's were too short for me and I wound up with the W1's 12.5" Apes. They were perfect for me but required new cables and lines, unlike the 10's. I'm 5-9", 32" inseam and sleeve. ;)

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2010, 01:34:21 PM »

Before you condem them I think you should pop the old bars out and mount the new bars. I think you may change your mind once you can set and feel the position when they are clamped in.

:bananarock: :bananarock:
     Brad
I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 02:21:15 PM »

Don uses them pulled back on his SERG cause he's a lil feller! But he doesn't use them as apes style. I tried them on my SERK first cause I like running apes on all my bikes, but not usually more than 14" total with the risers. The 10's were too short for me and I wound up with the W1's 12.5" Apes. They were perfect for me but required new cables and lines, unlike the 10's. I'm 5-9", 32" inseam and sleeve. ;)

That's true, I don't have them vertically aligned.  Wanted a little more pullback and counted on that even before ordering.  With use on the Road Glide all the body work hides that axis from the fork up through the bars anyway so it's not a visual line you see anymore anyway.

Howie and I are about the same size so far as configuring the bike goes.  About the same overall height and arm length.  When I've been on Cybil it fits me well (with the exception of that damned air filter sticking out so far in the way ::) ). 

I like the 12" bars he's using better also.  Like them better than the 10" bars discussed here.  Though the difference wasn't for wrist/hand position and angle.  The 12" bars put the shoulders and back in a more comfortable spot.  The 10" bars were still (for me) good though. And I liked the overall look with the 10" bars more than I did the overall look with the 12" bars to justify the choice for my own use.

If it was about nothing more than which absolutely felt best though I'd be using the same bars Howie is using.  Almost too much goes in to some of these options....

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 02:21:42 PM »

maybe , First i will sleep over the decision , maybe my mind will change ( it did often in the past , Muhuhuhahaha)
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

cvo junkie

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2010, 08:35:35 PM »

my friend is making these and they are way comfortable i love the look also

cvo junkie

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2010, 08:36:20 PM »

cvo junkie

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2010, 08:37:37 PM »

make for some amazing handling. my bike feels more like a dyna now its amazing how in control i feel. they are 16inch. they look hi but i am only 5'8 and they fit me perfect

hdbrad03

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE-Pumpkin
    • CVO3: FLTRI 06
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2010, 08:40:17 PM »

Could you add a picture viewed from the rear of the bike?

Brad

I was there.  Were you?

East Coast
New River Gorge (10, 15)
Rib Fest (10, 11, 14, 15)
Wild WV (16)
Maggie Valley (08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17)

West Coast
Sedona, AZ (08)
Pala (10)
Santa Fe, NM (13)

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2010, 08:43:32 PM »

Could you add a picture viewed from the rear of the bike?

Brad

Oh sure..... anything to get over that 1000th post  :2vrolijk_21:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

cvo junkie

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2010, 09:06:03 PM »

ya man but its gotta be tomorrow because its dark here now

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2010, 05:49:39 AM »

Wow , that looks just the way i would want to hold the grips too , in front straightly outside and at the height of the shoulders , i believe you that this ride is very cool. How wide is it ? And do you have a link to your friend`s bars ?
The problem will be that i do need this official document for using a bar in germany .  ::)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2010, 08:17:20 AM »

Wow , that looks just the way i would want to hold the grips too , in front straightly outside and at the height of the shoulders , i believe you that this ride is very cool. How wide is it ? And do you have a link to your friend`s bars ?
The problem will be that i do need this official document for using a bar in germany .  ::)

You really want to drill two big holes in your riser cover to mount handlebars :nixweiss: ?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2010, 02:30:21 PM »

You really want to drill two big holes in your riser cover to mount handlebars :nixweiss: ?
No , i did not thought about this.
 For the first now , i pulled the stock handle bar to the front as far as possible . Seems to be a nice feeling . The next ride ( when the snow will be gone ) will show me .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2010, 04:22:26 PM »

No , i did not thought about this.
 For the first now , i pulled the stock handle bar to the front as far as possible . Seems to be a nice feeling . The next ride ( when the snow will be gone ) will show me .

Be careful to make sure it clears everything. We did that with Rich's (FUZZNUTS) SERG when he first got it last year. I don't recall what hit, but he couldn't move it too far forward cause it hit something, possibly the fairing? Maybe Rich'll see this and chime in. ???

"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 20 queries.