Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: FXRG Full Face  (Read 9029 times)

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
Re: FXRG Full Face
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 05:38:12 PM »

Got my FXRG for cold weather riding. I can get my glasses on after I have the helmet in place.
The draw for me to the FXRG vice a modular, was the weight... I can't take a lot of weight on my head and the FXRG was about, if not THE, lightest full face I had tried. I would rather a modular, but haven't found one that is light weight (spine fusion c5/6 disc).
No matter what I do, still suffer some fogging, especially with glasses on. I usually resort to the full face @ 40 and below.
Agree with the comments about ensuring it fits... nothing like wearing a helmet that hurts after a short period!
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 10:42:25 AM »

I prefer the Caberg Uno with a great windshield.
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 10:43:58 AM »

These holes are covered with a plastic-shield if it rains.
Otherwise you move your head down and the wind cools
your head in the summer. Great ventilation, simple idea.
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2009, 05:32:45 PM »

Fogging can be corrected on any helmet easily with a Fog City anti-fog insert. My shield has been fogged to the point that water was dripping off of it all the way around the Fog City insert, the complete insert was totally clear. About $15.00 on line. Or you get one included with Nolan full face modular helments. Shoei helments, which is what we are currently wearing, have 2 little white posts on the faceshield, Shoei makes a fog shield that pops onto the posts on the inside of the shield and "seals" itself to the shield with its gel gasket, pretty slick deal. I have had no fogging with mine regardless of temp/rain etc. The inserts come in all colors, I prefer clear as I normally use the fog insert in early morning, rain/fog etc when you normally wouldn't want a dark shield. The insert is about $25, I bought mine from Helmet Shop Daytona which was cheapest place I could find the helmet.

KarlG

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • CVO2: 2003 FLHRSEI (gone)
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 06:56:49 PM »

Sounds like SE66 decided on a modular helmet, but at $380 for the FXRG Carbon Helmet , it is a smoking deal. The FXRG is manufactured for Harley by HJC which sold it as the AC-12. HJC then updated it's features (pinlock to visor which is retrofittable to AC-12, and changed vents slightly) to the FS-15 Carbon which is their flagship helmet. The best price available for the FS-15 is about the same price and we all know the "HD" brand adds the Hundred Dollars to the price  ;). The FS-15 won webbikeworld's 2008 Helmet of the Year. I have a FS-15 and can recommend it. For an in depth review:

HJC FS-15

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/hjc/fs-15/

Current:
2010 FLHTCUSE5
2008 Ducati 1098S
2005 BMW K1200S

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 05:18:23 PM »

Try some different ones and find something that's semi-comfortable.  If you are anything like me, I'm never fully comfortable with a helmet of any sort on, but you don't want one that you can't bear to have on either.  The one I got is the HJC IS-MAX.  It's identical to the Harley modular (part #98211-10VM).  Harley wants $250 and I picked my HJC up for $179.  If you get the Harley with 20% off, it brings the prices a little closer together, if you absolutely must have it say Harley on it.  Harley shows you right in their product description that theirs is an HJC.

My dealer is not stocking that helmet, just the older HJC System Modular Helmet - 97212-02V.  This older helmet is $25 more ($275 vs $250) and it does not have the sunshield.  It is fiberglas vs polycarbonate.  Nice helmet but I'm wondering if the newer version is better.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 24 queries.