Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 261979 times)

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #1095 on: July 28, 2012, 11:57:26 PM »

My first newborn Grandson Landon.
Congrats MAT, nothing in the world like grandkids.  Especially teaching them the things
that will matter most in this wacky worlds views. Take care and enjoy the Little One they are
precious.

BUCKNUT  :2vrolijk_21:

Thank you!

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1096 on: August 01, 2012, 02:21:42 AM »

NOTE TO SELF:
Get some updated pics of the grandboys and post them!
Thanks for the joyful nudge!
Ps 118:8

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

« Reply #1097 on: August 01, 2012, 06:42:23 PM »

;D

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1098 on: August 01, 2012, 09:46:29 PM »

Howdy folks,

I went to my Onc Doc on Tuesday in place of Monday and almost didn't go then either. I was having one of those days for a few days in a row, you know, the kind that keeps you on a high simmer. Things were looking fairly low and seemed as though there was several more lower places yet to go. But, I want to add right here something that I was forgetting at the time. "I have amazingly passed every possible expectation and prognosis of every Doc I have had since this bumpy road started 34 months ago.

I can say that only a week and a half after the radiation and it has helped me to put behind the excruciating pain in my upper left chest and radiated into my left shoulder rendering my left arm just about useless.  Funny how when the greater pain is diminished the lesser pains become the greats pain. Kind of like when you detail your bike as you find things that slipped by the first once over and take care of what appears then to jump right out at you, well then the smaller and maybe even things that others might and probably wouldn't even see all of a sudden they appear to be the elephant in the room. Well, I think pain works that way too. 

At the Doc shop all my blood was good and the once over was good and he told me maybe the worse thing that could have happened to me was for me to see the growth of the cancer. For me to see it really kicked me in the pants and reminded me that I was only receiving palliative care for comfort measures only and it sunk got through my thick skull that I was not getting the cure and my days for cure treatment are over. Well, I'm on the up swing now and I'm OK with all that has come my way and I'm back to keeping on track with the balance of quantity and quality. And comfort is a big part of this game and that's that on that! My Onc Doc changed some of my meds around and he really had a heart to heart talk with me and my concerns about Sue and her dealing with her MS and the flares that she hides from us that love her.

I changed by updating my bucket list and did my best to make a list that had smaller things along with the bigger and less likely things on the list that had become a stretch even for a healthy guy and wife to pull off even on three wheels. And guess what, I not only can get in and out of bed and my chair since the pain has been lessened, I can get on my trike and today Sue and I rode for the first time in over three weeks. Ya, I know, only 75 miles, but they were great miles and long over due too! We stopped and had a pizza and a big piece of sweat cake to top it off. I'm dropping my trike off for the 2500 mile service on Friday and though that's an all time lowest record of miles for this time in the season, well, every one of those miles belong to me and no one can take them away. I sure do miss the long distance rides of the past but that's OK because as sick as I have been... I've got a pretty good start on the rest of the season yet to come.

I have another appointment with my VA Onc Doc on the 30th with the hope that a ct scan and bone scan will be done the same day. That will put me in good shape to see the radiology/Oncology Doc on the 24th to see where and what the road has in store for me then. Meanwhile, I think I'd like to go for a ride, maybe 1000 miles and not the usual 4 to 10,000 mile rides I've had, but I have the pictures of those rides and I can't remember the last time I even looked at those pictures. lol maybe some cobwebs and dust and a little scrambled up, but I have each and everyone of those miles in my head and with my butt in my saddle. How lucky can a guy get.

So what if I have to take smaller steps, it isn't really the size of the step that's important, it's the direction that your taking the step that really counts. So, hip hip for the right direction, straight on with a flint chin. Thanks again for your positive thoughts, encouraging words and prayers and most important, thanks for your friendship.

Your friend in Sunapee
Sam aka chappy

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #1099 on: August 01, 2012, 10:06:45 PM »

Hello Chappy,  Sure glad you were able to take a nice ride with Sue.  As for the bucketlist, I hope you can accomplish
all Listed.

Greg    :2vrolijk_21:

B.A.

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #1100 on: August 01, 2012, 10:09:54 PM »

I've just read the definition of GUTS!  Congratulations Chappy.  Be well!

BTW, Psalm 118 is my favorite thing in that book!  Was a good day, huh?!  Whose day was that anyway!

Prayers up... Best,

Bruce

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1101 on: August 01, 2012, 10:21:23 PM »

Great to hear from you Chappy.  You've got a great depth to your understanding of dealing with this and I'm learning so much from you also.  I'm adjusting as you are to the length of my mc rides.....I hear ya!  They're great miles no matter the amt.  ;) Hang in there buddy.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

« Reply #1102 on: August 02, 2012, 02:34:57 AM »

Sam,
  You are an inspiration to myself and many more on this site, I wish you all the best and I will pray for your comfort and peace and pain free days.

God bless you!

Mike

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1103 on: August 02, 2012, 08:14:50 AM »

Glad to hear from you Sam...!

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #1104 on: August 02, 2012, 08:22:02 AM »

As always Sam, your strength and great faith has once again pulled at my heart-strings and I hope that every mile you ride feels like an amazing journey, and every day you spend with Sue and the family feels like a vacation.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you daily.

Marty & Diane 
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #1105 on: August 02, 2012, 01:05:52 PM »

Sam,it is so good to read your latest post. I know being in the saddle, for however long the ride is the best therapy for you.That is next to the love of family, friends and your faith. Just know we are here for you and keep you and Sue in our thoughts and prayers. Love you both.
Your friend in SC.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1106 on: August 02, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »

Chappy,

Glad to see your riding again, prayers and love your and Sues way.

2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

« Reply #1107 on: August 21, 2012, 11:36:21 PM »

Hello Sam and Sue ,
  Hope all is okay, thinking about you ...  God bless you and your family.

Mike

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #1108 on: August 22, 2012, 12:20:28 AM »

Hello Mike,
I have been waiting for more info to share before I wrote again. But wouln't ya know today I got a pile of results from my Oncologist Doctor appointment yesterday. That same day I had an appointment for a Bone Scan and a C-T Scan. I'll tell ya, that was a long day. My Onc Doc called me today with the results and I have to chew on the info that I got.
Tomorrow I'll have a full house for a family get together and cookout. And Thursday I see my Radiologist/Oncologist to look at my newest reports then she will see if I have any more radiation zaps needed.
So, I'll write in a couple days when it all comes together.
Thanks for careing about me

chappy aka Sam

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

« Reply #1109 on: August 22, 2012, 01:46:19 AM »

Thanks Sam for the quick response,
 I (we ) think about you and your family often and continue to pray for you all, at church every weekend you have your personalized time all the way out here on the west coast with our prayer .... our faith is strong and Gods will is Great, God bless you !
 Mike
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 99

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 20 queries.