Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 99

Author Topic: I might be down, but I'm not out!  (Read 264191 times)

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
Re: I might be down, but I'm not out!
« Reply #225 on: January 30, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »

Hello Sam, Hope today is going okay and you and your family are having a good day my friend!   

Mike

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #226 on: February 01, 2010, 12:39:20 AM »

Hello my Friend, Sunday was a very hard day for me. I'm sure you remember I lost my Father-in-law, My Friend, My Pop the day after Christmas. Well, Sunday was his birthday he would have been 84. Can you believe that 84, people say that he lived everyday to the fullest, but I would rather think he lived it being happy. He had a great family, loving wife, 4 good kids and one of the best fring son-in-law you can have. Well, I guess by now you know I was very close to my Pop. Please know I still have my Dad and he is great and I love him with all my heart but I had a special relationship with Pop that I cannot explain. He was a very private person with few words but always had something good to say about everyone. I was a young 19 year old hard working know it all when Karen and I started dating. He would take the time to teach me how things worked and how to repair them after I F&%ed them up. I ask him one time "how do you know so much" he replied you do to, you just need to slow down and look at it from all sides and think about what you are going to do before you do it. He told me another time that " the only thing that's Rocket Science is Rocket Science - everything else we can fix". Sam my friend, I guess by now your thinking why in the hell is Chris telling me all this. Because after everything you have said in your post and me getting to know you, I realise that you remind me of Pop. Their is properly people just like me in your life that look up to you in ways that they don't even know. See, I not talking about all the sad chit, I'm talking about I hope I can become the man you and Pop are.

Your Friend,
Chris

Happy birthday Pop   
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

AZ SESG

• '17 SESG Sunburst Orange/Starfire Black -- '02 SERK Candy/Brandywine *Gone but not forgotten*
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Formerly AZ SERK

• CVO1: '02 FLHRSEI / Sold
    • CVO2: '17 FLHXSE
« Reply #227 on: February 01, 2010, 11:21:33 PM »

Hey Sam,
  It is about ten minutes until our family lifts your name on high.

I want you to know, we have you and yours on our minds and in our prayers.

Best regards,
Charlie
Life is: Choices. Choose wisely.
"Ability + Commitment - Doubt = Reality"
IBA #42159

MAT

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ride baby ride

• CVO1: 2009 SEUC Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2010, 08:55:48 PM »

Hi Sam,   Just wanted to say hello, thinking about you every day, throughout the day.
 Your always in my prayers!

Mike

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #229 on: February 04, 2010, 08:39:00 AM »

Hey Sam, just checking in, hope your doing ok. Never heard about chemo causing you scalp to hurt, hope that's a temporary thing! We think about you every day, prayers coming your way.

Craig

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2010, 06:52:19 PM »

Hi Chappy,

Hope the treatment went well and you are regaining some strength, just wanted you to know you are in our prayers.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

pkl

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2010, 07:03:32 PM »

We will be keeping you in our prayers. If you were one of the "lucky" few to get this maybe you can be one of the lucky ones with a good outcome.

DJ56

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE (pumpkin)
    • CVO2: 05 FLHTCSE2 (two tone candy red)(2 of them)
    • CVO3: Not CVO; 07 Ultra Classic (black pearl)
« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »

Just wanted to let you know you are still in our thoughts and prayers here Sam.
We're pullin for ya all the way!

DJ   :2vrolijk_21:

I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #233 on: February 07, 2010, 04:34:22 PM »

Chappy, Just thinking about ya. I hope all is going well. God bless & take care. kb
kb

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #234 on: February 07, 2010, 05:58:31 PM »

Sam,
Just thinking about you as I do daily, and hope today is a good one for you and your's.
God Bless,
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #235 on: February 09, 2010, 03:41:13 PM »

Hello to my family and friends at cvoharley,

It's been a while since my last update and for that, I'm sorry. Truth is, my spirit is strong, but my flesh is weak. In other words, I'm in it for the fight, but that 3 days of chemo every 3 weeks is really kicking my butt. It seems that after my second three day cycle of chemo on Feb 1st, 2nd and 3rd I have been as sick as the first cycle of chemo. The sickness starts on the 2nd day of chemo and quickly gets worse each day until the following Monday. So yesterday Feb 8th was the first day I started feeling better. Today is better yet, but I'm looking forward to feeling better than this. Hopefully by tomorrow or Thursday. Thursday I have to go to the Vermont VA for blood tests. I think it's 3 or 4 tubes, enough blood for several tests. If the tests are to see if I'm sick, well, they're just plain to late. lol

If all is consistent with this round as was with the first cycle, I should feel pretty good by next week. That puts me right in line for the next 3 day treatment that starts on the 22nd of Feb. They have told me to reserve my strength for the chemo treatments. lol  That's kind of like the boss saying, "Don't spend it all in one place!" when he hands you a very small paycheck for a lot of hours of work.

Last Thursday I got the call back from the Radiation Doctor at the Concord Hospital. The news wasn't what I had hoped for. He told me that he would not give me radiation. At least not now and not while I'm getting chemo. He told me I wouldn't be able to take both treatments together. He recommended that I have another C-scan in Mid-March to see if the chemo has caused a good enough improvement to maybe start radiation by then. The chemo Doc says that he will look at the same C-scan to see if he has mixed the right cocktail of chemo drugs for me. He will have a better handle on how much longer on that mixture or maybe he'll change it for a better outcome. Meanwhile, I still have cancer growing, but I have been told that maybe the growth has been slowed. Man, I've got to tell ya, that's just to many maybes for me. I'm a black or white kind of person and staying away from the gray area in life has worked for me, well, maybe!  lol

My wife Sue has hung in there for me. More so than any wife should ever have to. She has managed to only have one flare up from her MS during my cancer fight so far. She's such a strong women. My daughter and her boys and my son and his boys are all doing OK and the twins are OK as well. One of my grand boys, Brevin, while the Saints took it home, he took a spill and split his chin open. Brave little guy, only 6 and he took his five stitches without any shots for pain. He went to school today after enjoying a day home on Monday.

As usual, you guys, my friends and family has been kind and encouraging beyond the call of duty. I'm a lucky guy to receive the love, warmth, prayers and thoughts that I receive daily from you all. I hope all is well with all of you and I want to give (a little early) three cheers for spring. Now less than 6 weeks a way.

I'll write again with any news of change as soon as I can.

My love and thanks to all of you

Sam, Dad, chappy & friend
Ps 118:8

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #236 on: February 09, 2010, 09:57:15 PM »

Thanks Sam for updating us. We are all praying for you and Sue during these trying times.
Rest up for the next round of treatment.
God Bless my friend and know that we, your CVO family, are with you.
Mike

Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #237 on: February 09, 2010, 11:19:45 PM »

Sam thanks for the update you are still in our prayers... 

mike
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #238 on: February 09, 2010, 11:42:07 PM »

Thanks for sharing your life with us once again Chappy, I can tell you that while I'm sure that it is good therapy for you, it is also touching every one of us in many different ways and we feed off of your strength, compasion, and faith.  You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

Marty
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 07:49:46 PM by martys »
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

grit

• GRIT
  • Junior CVO Member
  • CVO 2009; FLHTCUSE Stardust Silver/Twilight Blue
« Reply #239 on: February 10, 2010, 03:26:14 PM »

Sam, keep the FAITH! Although we've never met I can truly feel the pain that you are enduring. Each moment I think I've got it rough someone else has a "cross to bear" that's larger than mine. I promise you that both Sue and you will be in my daily prayers. Try to be positive, continue as best to live each moment to the fullest and know that Gods Will, will be done. May God our Savior Bless you and yours. Will expecting to read updates indicating positive results.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 99

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 20 queries.