Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Just passed on a Black/Slate  (Read 3580 times)

06ULTRASE

• Senior CVO Member
  • In Memory of Scott Wheelihan

• CVO1: 06 FLHTUCSE (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTUCSE8
Re: Just passed on a Black/Slate
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 08:45:05 PM »

I think the wave has crested for HD. It wasn't long ago you could walk into any of the local dealers here and there were no bikes on the floor and a long waiting list. Now there are always bikes on the floor and the only waiting list seems to be for a popular color or a CVO. Local dealers sell at MSRP on new bikes but look out for the used ones. I've seen a 2005 SEEG with a price of 31K.
Do I like the dealers that sell over MSRP, NO, do I blame them for getting what they can for a bike? No. I'm pretty sure that any of us that wants to sell a scooter isn't going to sell at the NADA price, we 're going to get all we can. Just my .02 worth.

SEUC-OCD

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE - OCD
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 11:27:10 PM »

He did say he would deal some, so if you are interested in a B/S in the Austin area, ask for Ed.

That's 15 minutes away, but I won't do it... For about 3504 reasons.

• $3,500 I don't have to spend for a little patience (actually a lot of patients).
  • The sales guy at the dealer is a friend of mine.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 12:15:30 AM by twolanerider »
84 GoldWing GL1200i (mint... pretty much)
06 FLHTCUSE Black/Haze (on order)  ETA: Q2-2006

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2005, 06:05:18 AM »

Well, as some of you know, I've been waiting and waiting for my bike since August. I'm a little PO'ed to say the least. Seems that other dealers that I called in August are all recieving their bikes on schedule (a little late), but delivered. I'm not getting a really good answer as to why my bike is in Phase II, except that the way HD schedules allotments is strange to say the least.

Anyway, a couple of my friends from Austin contacted me and said one of their riding buddies is a salesman at Central Tx HD and that he had a Black/Slate in the box and was for sale. Wow, tough decision. Not only do I have a 1K deposit down, I have paid them over 3K for extras to be installed at the November discounts. After sleeping on it I decided that I would stick with my local dealer and not do a long distance purchase (300 mi) as I would lose out on the accessories discount and would have to deal with the travel. Plus with the paint problems looming, I would rather deal with the selling dealer for warranty issues. So I called them this AM to tell him no. I hadn't asked their price, but when I did I was floored.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 06:07:11 AM »

I think the wave has crested for HD. It wasn't long ago you could walk into any of the local dealers here and there were no bikes on the floor and a long waiting list. Now there are always bikes on the floor and the only waiting list seems to be for a popular color or a CVO. Local dealers sell at MSRP on new bikes but look out for the used ones. I've seen a 2005 SEEG with a price of 31K.
Do I like the dealers that sell over MSRP, NO, do I blame them for getting what they can for a bike? No. I'm pretty sure that any of us that wants to sell a scooter isn't going to sell at the NADA price, we 're going to get all we can. Just my .02 worth.

YOU ARE RIGHT DUDE....IN THE LAST TWO YEARS I HAVE HAD 3 SE AND I HAVEN'T PAID MORE THAN MSRP.....

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2005, 08:31:11 AM »

I guess you can't blame a dealer for asking for the sky, as long as there are people that will pay it.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2005, 09:53:18 AM »

mr m, I hear ya.  I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy about this deal either. It's gone from fun,  to being too stressful.  If and when the bike comes in, I feel like I need to have a lawyer there to represent me.  LOL  Personally, I'm starting to possibly look in different directions. Maybe a used bike now and wait till these problem get resolved. I'll bet that my February date will be pushed further back due to the latest paint problems. This is a lot of money to spend on a product that may not be of the highest quality that we are looking for and expecting. I know these internet boards only represent a small portion of owners, and that happy people don't make a lot of noise, but the fact is that there are problems, and I hate to be buying into these problems.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 20 queries.