Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Switched from D&D Fat Cat w/Quiet Performance Baffle to BUB 7 True Duals  (Read 11186 times)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: Switching from D&D Fat Cat w/Quiet Performance Baffle to BUB 7 True Duals
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 05:02:33 PM »

Last one

These pipes are quieter than my buddy's RHTD. We went for a short ride today, it was readily apparent. They are also quieter than the Fat Cats as I can here my motor noises more so now than before.

I love the sound of these pipes!

JW

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 02:38:39 AM »

Thanks Black Diamond, they look great as well as the entire bike.  I miss the fall season..........................
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 11:59:54 PM »

I really like the slash up look. That was another thing about the FC's I did not like. No choice at that time, the slash ran down opposite the bags.

Looks like a better match too on the slash

why they sound so good when someone else is riding her than when I'm on her.

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 08:40:06 AM »

Looks like a better match too on the slash

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hi Duane

Well go figure, I had no idea the FC muffler could be mounted both ways. I do like the way yours looks! As for the sound. Everytime a friend would ride my bike, when I would hear him returning with her, she sounded good. However, when I'm riding her, she sounded "blatty". Especially on decel. Not saying anything bad about the FC, just not for me.

I had Rinehart's on my past bikes and love their sound. Never fell for the FC to the same degree but did not want to lose my bottom tq. Now I feel I was able to get both the sound and the low end tq I wanted.

JW

fresh oil and pipes

• Enjoying Life More Than Ever!!!!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • RedNecks, White Socks & Blue Ribbon Beer

• CVO1: One of the Fast Green Ones
Re: Switched from D&D Fat Cat w/Quiet Performance Baffle to BUB 7 True Duals
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 08:49:59 AM »

Nice look been thinking about a 2 into 1 for my 06 have the bub with samson ovals and get lots of compliments after reading your post prob just leave them alone.

Ride hard Ride safe
"Let's Roll" Life is Short, Choose your Battles Wisely "Let's Roll"

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 08:50:25 AM »

Thanks for the insight JW. I miss my RHTD's ... except on those 400+ mile days. Do you think these will fair better on the ears? It's a great look, congrats.

Greg, do you have any shots of these on the SERG??

Howie

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2009, 08:55:43 AM »

Thanks for the insight JW. I miss my RHTD's ... except on those 400+ mile days. Do you think these will fair better on the ears? It's a great look, congrats.

Howie

Hey G Howie

I went riding with a buddy of mine on Tuesday. He has an 07 RG with Rinehart TD. He fired his scoot up before I started mine. Still love the sound of the RHTD  :). He was about 15 - 20 feet behind me in his driveway. I fired up my scoot. I could still hear his pipes over mine.  ??? The RHTD are louder than the BUB's. The BUB's are much more throaty tho. Love the sound  ;D  :)  ;). I'll let you know on the longer trips if I can slip one in before the weather calls it for the year.

JW

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2009, 09:00:10 AM »

Hey G Howie

I went riding with a buddy of mine on Tuesday. He has an 07 RG with Rinehart TD. He fired his scoot up before I started mine. Still love the sound of the RHTD  :). He was about 15 - 20 feet behind me in his driveway. I fired up my scoot. I could still hear his pipes over mine.  ??? The RHTD are louder than the BUB's. The BUB's are much more throaty tho. Love the sound  ;D  :)  ;). I'll let you know on the longer trips if I can slip one in before the weather calls it for the year.

JW
Really interested to hear em now Jeff. Lookin forward to us wearin' some rubber off together .... sooner rather than later!!

Howie

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2009, 09:01:40 AM »

Really interested to hear em now Jeff. Lookin forward to us wearin' some rubber off together .... sooner rather than later!!

Howie

Well I've never ridden in the New York area, an error I need to correct soon!

JW

04se103

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2009, 09:02:43 AM »

Howie
Howie I have the Bub's on my 04 SEEG running the Fulsac baffles on the 09 SERG
                                                                                             Greg

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2009, 09:05:20 AM »

Howie I have the Bub's on my 04 SEEG running the Fulsac baffles on the 09 SERG
                                                                                             Greg
How would you compare the two in terms of the long haul Greg??

Howie

04se103

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2009, 09:22:41 AM »

How would you compare the two in terms of the long haul Greg??

Howie
Bub's little louder at highway speed but rideable would put the Bub's on the 09 if they had muffler's that would fit the saddle bag cut out on the 09. The fulsac set up sounds good just does not have the the throaty sound.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2009, 10:38:04 AM »

Well go figure, I had no idea the FC muffler could be mounted both ways. I do like the way yours looks! As for the sound. Everytime a friend would ride my bike, when I would hear him returning with her, she sounded good. However, when I'm riding her, she sounded "blatty". Especially on decel. Not saying anything bad about the FC, just not for me.

I had Rinehart's on my past bikes and love their sound. Never fell for the FC to the same degree but did not want to lose my bottom tq. Now I feel I was able to get both the sound and the low end tq I wanted.

JW

Can't flip the muffler, you get your choice when you order. I like the slash matching the bags like you do, but it looks like yours were actually put on the bke when designed. Mine I think end up being a little short.

I've had them on for a season now, still not used to the sound.
My son tells me when I am riding a little harder then just cruising around that it remind him of a 5.0 Mustang.

I couldn't tell you if they increased the low end torque or not.

I do miss not having to need a funnel to add oil too.

Since I had the pipes ceramic coated I really added to the cost, so I am thinking they will stay for awhile, or at least until I get to hear your pipes  :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 12:08:14 PM »

Can't flip the muffler, you get your choice when you order. I like the slash matching the bags like you do, but it looks like yours were actually put on the bke when designed. Mine I think end up being a little short.

I've had them on for a season now, still not used to the sound.
My son tells me when I am riding a little harder then just cruising around that it remind him of a 5.0 Mustang.

I couldn't tell you if they increased the low end torque or not.

I do miss not having to need a funnel to add oil too.

Since I had the pipes ceramic coated I really added to the cost, so I am thinking they will stay for awhile, or at least until I get to hear your pipes  :nixweiss:

Hadn't thought about the funnel issue!  :D

I had these heads coated by Calico Coating. It was $100.00. Sure a lot less than when I had the FC coated by Jet Hot. I did not get any pics of the Calico coating but it looks identical to the Jet Hot. My SM thinks this coating looks better, I couldn't tell a difference.

JW

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2009, 09:14:18 AM »

As I have mentioned in the past, I have not been completely satisfied with my choice of exhaust, D&D Fat Cat with the Quiet Performance Baffle. I really missed the sound of my Rinehart True Duals. Besides, I still perfer the look of two pipes on a bagger. I'm also not going to clean a pipe that performs no function other than hanging there. JMHO.

I've been relucant to make the switch as I did not want to lose my bottom end torque or suffer with the famous RHTD dip. I also started looked into the BUB 7 True Duals. These also have a stepped header. Rineharts have three steps,  1 3/4" - 1 7/8" - 2". The BUB 7 have two, 1 3/4" - 2".

I was chatting with 04se103 (Greg) who informed me he is using the BUB 7 TD. He seemed satified with his results. I asked for a copy of his dyno sheet which he provided me. This sheet compared the BUB 7 TD, Rinehart TD and stock exhaust. I was impressed with his results. Thanks for sharing Greg!  :drink:

I talked with the guys at my shop. They had recently put a set of BUB 7 TD on a 96". No dip in the lower rpm on that size motor.

I purchased the BUB 7 and had em installed today. The mufflers can be mounted slant up or down. I really like the look of the slant going with the angle of the saddlebags. This is the only pics I have at this moment. They are not very good. I can post some more tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Would you know if the  Harley end caps will fit this system? 
looks like this exhaust works very well.
Thanks
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 20 queries.