Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Author Topic: Anyone have the new 2010 Progressive Monotube Cart System?  (Read 32632 times)

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: Anyone have the new 2010 Progressive Monotube Cart System?
« Reply #105 on: June 07, 2011, 07:15:17 AM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Lifetime warranty.  That is as long as you own the bike.

If they are as good as the progressives for trucks etc, the bike will wear out first.

:drink: :drink:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

roady

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #106 on: June 07, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »

Thanks for the help and reply. I will order the stock ones myself. Now to figure out the best place to get them. Any suggestions?

Still need to do something with the rear as well.Decisions decisions.....

Well I talked twice with progressive, and two mechanics at the local dealer and two forums.  Progressive always insisted SERG 2009 was stock height, one mechanic said stock one said inch lower.  Forums were not much help, split about 50 / 50.

I went with stock height mono tubes.  The bike front was 1/4 higher after the install.

bike had 25K on it when I had the install done.  I now have 32K on the bike, and its about 1/8 higher.

I would say the techs at progressive are correct, stock hight for a 2009 serg.

I like them so much, when I do the mods to my fatboy this winter it will get the monotubes.
09 SERG Electric Orange
05 VW Golf Diesel
00 Dodge 2500 Cummins Diesel

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2011, 05:11:08 PM »

Thanks for the help and reply. I will order the stock ones myself. Now to figure out the best place to get them. Any suggestions?

Still need to do something with the rear as well.Decisions decisions.....

I have the following set ups in my different scoots

11 SESG - Progressive Monotubes and OE shocks - good set up, some bottoming out at times
02 SERK - Ricor front end and rear shocks - better set up, slightly less bottoming but does occur
08 SERK - Progressive Monotubes and WORKS rear shocks - my best set up

IMO, the Monotubes are better than the Ricor's but both do a good job with front end dive and stabilization of the bike in curves. The WORKS rear shocks are the best I've used.

Here's where I got my Monotubes at a good price  http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Progressive_Suspension_Monotube_Fork_Cartridge_Kit_p/ps-monotubes.htm

Good luck

JW

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra - Riptide Blue
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »

Here's where I got my Monotubes at a good price  http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/Progressive_Suspension_Monotube_Fork_Cartridge_Kit_p/ps-monotubes.htm

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Same here - I have ordered several items from phatperformance - always a good price - very good communication.

So far they have been a 1st class company.

roady

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2011, 09:29:06 PM »

I have the following set ups in my different scoots

11 SESG - Progressive Monotubes and OE shocks - good set up, some bottoming out at times
02 SERK - Ricor front end and rear shocks - better set up, slightly less bottoming but does occur
08 SERK - Progressive Monotubes and WORKS rear shocks - my best set up

IMO, the Monotubes are better than the Ricor's but both do a good job with front end dive and stabilization of the bike in curves. The WORKS rear shocks are the best I've used.

Good luck

JW

Black Diamond
Thanks for the link. I did send Tom at Works Shocks an email earlier today about the Works shocks but havent heard anything back yet. I also seen that Phat Performance has them also. I did do some reading on them and there are so many options I dont have any idea which way to go. Can you shed some light on this for me?

Thanks
Mike
09 SERG Electric Orange
05 VW Golf Diesel

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2011, 09:49:25 PM »

Black Diamond
Thanks for the link. I did send Tom at Works Shocks an email earlier today about the Works shocks but havent heard anything back yet. I also seen that Phat Performance has them also. I did do some reading on them and there are so many options I dont have any idea which way to go. Can you shed some light on this for me?

Thanks
Mike

I went with the WORKS Street Trackers w/ the BARS (Billet Adjustable Rate Suspension) caps for easy adjustment depending on solo - solo loaded/two up - two up loaded. I called Tom which gets you right to him. He need all the necessary info on rider and passenger weight, inseam, type of riding, etc.

Based on my conversation with Tom, I went with the 13" version for more suspension travel with minimum height increase (around 1/2" / over time I think she back down to OEM spec)  After +20,000 miles, I still think they were a great mod. If I replace the SESG shocks, Tom will get another call. FWIW.

JW

roady

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2011, 10:00:56 PM »

Sounds good. I will wait to hear back from Tom.
09 SERG Electric Orange
05 VW Golf Diesel

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2011, 09:07:45 PM »

Thanks for the input guys. Went ahead with the order today. I will keep you posted. It will probably be at least 2 weeks from today.  :drink:

I have to renig...got to talking to a friend who's opinion I value very much. He mentioned the adjustment capabilities of the Traxion. If I change tires, air pressure, load range etc. I can re-adjust with Traxion, and not with the MonoTubes. I hesitate on the Monotubes because I installed Progressive springs (not Monotubes) and 440's on my 2010 Ultra and it always felt as though the bike wanted to "lay down" (not in a good way) in each corner. It was so bad my wife said to trade it right away. She felt very unsafe on it. With Traxion, as I understand it, I can re-adjust if it is too soft or too firm. ??  :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2011, 09:42:46 PM »

With Traxion, as I understand it, I can re-adjust if it is too soft or too firm. ??  :nixweiss:

The Traxxion Dynamics setup is adjustable Rob.  Very simply also.

Part of the kit is new fork caps.  The adjusters are right on top.  Little thumbwheel screws.  Just a little adjustment makes a noticeable difference also.  On an Electra Glide you'd have to pop the switch cap off to get directly at the adjusters.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 10:15:29 PM by Twolanerider »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2011, 09:54:06 PM »

The Traxxion Dynamics setup is adjustable Rob.  Very simply also.

Part of the kit is not fork caps.  The adjusters are right on top.  Little thumbwheel screws.  Just a little adjustment makes a noticeable difference also.  On an Electra Glide you'd have to pop the switch cap off to get directly at the adjusters.

Just to show a picture of what Don is speaking of.
Here's a picture of the 03 Thumbwheel Screws.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2011, 10:29:23 PM »

Thanks Don and Chip!

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #116 on: June 09, 2011, 08:34:22 AM »

i thought the monotube front end would be good for ya after you described your previous bitubo experience. what ya going with on the rear?

traxxion ak-20 is a fine set-up. :2vrolijk_21:

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #117 on: June 09, 2011, 11:07:32 AM »

Rob...a quarter turn on the Traxxion is about all it ever takes, if you ever have to fool with it at all.  Honestly, I never found the need to adjust them on my '06 SEUC, no matter what the load.  I fooled with them a bit on the Vrod just to see what difference it made, mostly based on ambient temps, and while there was some difference, it was not significant enough, IMO, to worry about.

The advantages of Traxxion's cartridges, again, IMO, are that they are made in house to very, very tight tolerances.  Also, they do not go with a "one size fits all" approach to spring selection, but select a spring based on the information you provide about how you ride, how much you and your passenger weigh, and what kind of loads you carry on the bike.  It's still a compromise, but at least one based on the best overall solution.  And they encapsulate as much of the spring as possible to keep it from rubbing on the inside of the forks (with some kind of plastic/nylon tube), keeping contamination of the fork oil down as much as possible.  Bottom line is that there is no better front end suspension.  If possible, you should make a road trip up to Hot'Lanta to Traxxion's shop to get the work done...they will show you how they manufacture the cartridge, and you will be impressed with how they do things.  Good, good people work there.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #118 on: June 09, 2011, 12:42:41 PM »

TC i concur with you on the whole traxxion product. i have it on my FLTRSE3, ak-20-front, bitubos-rear.  on my 08tr i have progressive suspension, monotubes on the front with  440hd on rear. $1400+ price difference.

i'll take a blindfold test and get back with ya. :orange:

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2011, 12:51:17 PM »

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

As my good friend and riding buddies explains the difference between the stock HD front suspension, the Progressives and the Traxxion.  He logs over 35,000 per year on a new bike or two every year.  From CVO ultra's to his present CVO Road Glide, he has had them all.  His rating on a scale of 1 to 10 are interesting:

1.  Stock HD                          2 at best

2. Monotubes                         6.5 to 7.0 cost about $600 installed by a dealer

3. Traxxion                            9 to 9.5    cost over well over $1350 installed not including the trip to Traxxion dealer.

Overall, his opinion is if you ride very hard into corners, front brake etc the Traxxions are without a doubt the best.  That said the cost and the maintenance on an ongoing basis of the Traxxion is expensive.  Thus, considering the Progressives do a very good job, improve the handling a substantial amount, no maintenance required and any dealer should be able to install them in three hours (or less as mine did) I went with the Progressives at his recommendation.  I only rode his Glide for a short ride (less than 20 miles) and the Traxxion is very good.  I have ridden the Progressives over 5,000 miles on my Glide and the difference from stock is enormous.  Less brake dive, stable in the curves, handles bumps etc great.

Of course, he wants and rides the best which is the Traxxion.

He also has a Ducati and other cool bikes.

Harley is his first love.

:coolblue: :coolblue:                                      
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.