Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Best Verizon PDA?!!!  (Read 10509 times)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
Re: Best Verizon PDA?!!!
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2009, 08:58:31 PM »

Duh
I coulda had an Iphone the easiest full function phone they all aspire to be I dumped Verizon with all their billing issues and never looked back.

At&t improves all the time but I'd stick with the Iphone  :2vrolijk_21:
if I had to get Tmobile to use it (ick) :'(

I have coffee each morning with my 72 year old riding buddy (Honda Rider)who has to use my Iphone each morning to get his weather reports and surf the web. While the rest of the guys jeer him for being to cheap to buy one.

The geezer took to it like a duck to water. After many years selling the Blackberries and their $5,000 proprietary server finally an easy to use cost effective phone.

If you haven't used it you have nothing to compare it to there is nothing that compares.

Maybe when the exclusive runs out Verizon will get them?

You can Jailbreak them and use them as phones but you lose the APP Store and much of the functionality :soapbox:

RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2009, 08:59:28 PM »

Just got the Droid on Saturday and loving it... Just an FYI touchscreens are sensitive and will take some time getting used to... even worse if you have big hands/fat fingers.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thanks Gary. My fingers ain't getting it done on this POS! Consistently brings up the wrong character. Like the touch isn't aligned with the key. How's the pullout keypad on the Droid? Touch screen? Have you had a B B before? Which architecture do you think is easier to understand. The BB seems a lil complicated and is a PIA. Is the Droid more like using a computer? More straightforward than a BB? I'm starting to get very frustrated already, and I've only had it since today! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! :coolblue:
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2009, 09:00:58 PM »

Duh
I coulda had an Iphone the easiest full function phone they all aspire to be I dumped Verizon with all their billing issues and never looked back.

At&t improves all the time but I'd stick with the Iphone  :2vrolijk_21:
if I had to get Tmobile to use it (ick) :'(

I have coffee each morning with my 72 year old riding buddy (Honda Rider)who has to use my Iphone each morning to get his weather reports and surf the web. While the rest of the guys jeer him for being to cheap to buy one.

The geezer took to it like a duck to water. After many years selling the Blackberries and their $5,000 proprietary server finally an easy to use cost effective phone.

If you haven't used it you have nothing to compare it to there is nothing that compares.

Maybe when the exclusive runs out Verizon will get them?

You can Jailbreak them and use them as phones but you lose the APP Store and much of the functionality :soapbox:

Thanks, but my Company's on Verizon. That ends that discussion. As the title says, "The Best Verizon PDA"! ;)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2009, 09:02:30 PM »

Thanks, but my Company's on Verizon. That ends that discussion. As the title says, "The Best Verizon PDA"! ;)

;) Jus sayin
I hope it gets better for you
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2009, 09:05:19 PM »

;) Jus sayin
I hope it gets better for you

Thanks! I HATE THIS PHONE!!! Getting the Droid tomorrow! If I hate that, WTF then? Damn computers!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2009, 09:18:34 PM »

Thanks! I HATE THIS PHONE!!! Getting the Droid tomorrow! If I hate that, WTF then? Damn computers!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

The BB is not bad once you get used to where everything is. 1 button for e-mail, 1 for contacts and another for calendar. Anything you want to do is by using the blackberry key--the one with the dots on it. The biggest issue I can see you having is getting used to the touchscreen.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2009, 09:23:20 PM »

The BB is not bad once you get used to where everything is. 1 button for e-mail, 1 for contacts and another for calendar. Anything you want to do is by using the blackberry key--the one with the dots on it. The biggest issue I can see you having is getting used to the touchscreen.

As of now, I don't plan on having it long enough for that!!! :nixweiss:

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2009, 09:25:16 PM »

As of now, I don't plan on having it long enough for that!!! :nixweiss:

Not gonna argue with you....I see your mind is made up!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2009, 09:34:01 PM »

Thanks Gary. My fingers ain't getting it done on this POS! Consistently brings up the wrong character. Like the touch isn't aligned with the key. How's the pullout keypad on the Droid? Touch screen? Have you had a B B before? Which architecture do you think is easier to understand. The BB seems a lil complicated and is a PIA. Is the Droid more like using a computer? More straightforward than a BB? I'm starting to get very frustrated already, and I've only had it since today! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Pullout keypad is not bad, again I have large hands and getting more used to it each day. Most problem I have is w/the top row that has the least bit of room to fit fingers. Touch screen I'm getting used to tapping, dragging, and holding on apps/icons to do different things. Never had a BB, I'm coming from a Palm phone.... keep reaching to the top of the phone for a stylus. :D :D

What I've found out about the Droid is there is no manual... you have to learn on the fly which was a little intimidating to begin with. I found a forum today that has helped a lot in figuring stuff. I've never owned an Iphone, but after seeing those that have I think the Droid works similar. One thing I really like is how it interfaces with Gmail... all your contacts, calendar information is streamed to your phone (requires having a gmail email account to set up phone)... it also links to Facebook with your contacts. Any contacts that you have that are on facebook and you have them in your contact list the same way as their facebook account it will pull the picture from facebook as an icon for that contact.

One thing I never liked about the BB's and what had kept me from getting one for a long time was the thumbwheel.. however those that use have them and are used to them swear by them. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2009, 09:39:18 PM »

Ok, so far, I'M HATING THE STORM2!!! The touch screen SUCKS!!! You hit 1 button and another character appears. It seems very cumbersome to use. I don't have much patience for this chit, but I'm thinking this is the wrong phone for me already! I think I'll try the Droid now! I'll get that one tomorrow. This BB blows! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Howie - I used a storm (1st gen) for a month when we were looking at new phones. It just took a little to get used to the screen. Once you learn where your finger needs to land it worked really well.

To bad the iPhone isn't available on Verizon.  The best of both worlds! :pepper:

I also used an iPhone for a month, that is one slick phone, but the service sucks – so until they work on the Verizon network I won’t have one. And that is not likely anytime soon as Verizon is a completely different system and not compatible – yet.
The iPhone apps are awesome.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2009, 09:51:39 PM »

Ok, so far, I'M HATING THE STORM

Never use a phone you have to wear rain gear for.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2009, 10:02:35 PM »

Ok, so far, I'M HATING THE STORM2!!! The touchscreen SUCKS!!! You hit 1 button and another character appears. It seems very cumbersome to use. I don't have much patience for this chit, but I'm thinking this is the wrong phone for me already! I think I'll try the Droid now! I'll get that one tomorrow. This BB blows! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

And

Howie, I've got the BB Tour 9630 with Verizon.  Pretty intuitive to use.  Couple of days and you'll be using most of the functionality without ever reading the manual.  No quirky touch screen.  Not sure if you need the global capabilities that this phone has, but if so, it has been seamless in my travels.  E-mail setup and synchronization is a breeze if your company is using Microsoft Exchange and Outlook (no BB enterprise server solution required).  The web browsing software leaves a bit to be desired, but I think that's the case with anything other than the iPhone, which is surprisingly similar to IE.

Good luck and let us know what you go with.

;) ::) :P

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2009, 10:06:21 PM »

Thanks! I HATE THIS PHONE!!!

I started to say my dear friend Howie doesn't do change well unless it's motors.  But I didn't want to pick on him while he's in phone hell.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2009, 10:08:45 PM »

I started to say my dear friend Howie doesn't do change well unless it's motors.  But I didn't want to pick on him while he's in phone hell.

I think we should all call him just so he has to use it! :o :D :huepfenjump3:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2009, 10:24:27 PM »

I think we should all call him just so he has to use it! :o :D :huepfenjump3:

Just him I'd go for it.  But this late back east we might piss Binx off and she'll cut you!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 20 queries.