Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Question from new Member  (Read 4506 times)

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Question from new Member
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2006, 10:30:36 PM »

Hubbard,
We'll be laeving the homestead about the same time you do. I plan to roll in to Orlando on the 2nd or 3rd lastest. staying til the 12th. I pickup 81 south from Scranton then cross the Blue Ridge on 77 to 29 then 95 to Daytona, but since this year I'm going to Orlando I'll check and see if 81 south to 75 would work out better. Nothing in stone yet.

West Ginny is a beautiful ride. Coming home from Sturgis I roll through the hills of WV. I like to stop for a bite in any of the Hollows along the way. Can't beat the friendly family style table set ups. You don't see much of the comunity type eating arrangements up this way. One Veteran insisted on buying me lunch. Course, I did the same for a guy at the next stop.  
I edited my last post, didn't realize you had sent a post til after, sorry.

chappy
Ps 118:8

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2006, 10:33:56 PM »

unbalanced,

Staying at the Shades of Green in WDW.
Can't beat the price or location.

But like Hubbard said about Orlando calling it Bike Week also. That's a 10-4 and all the traffic to go with it.

how about you, are you from that neck

chappy

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2006, 10:35:25 PM »

Unbalanced,

Forgot to say, Thanks for the confirmation about the lack of Timkin bearing. Another good reason to split the case especially with 40k on the od.

chappy

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2006, 10:35:50 PM »

Chappy 95 is a better run we were just up in NC in Soggy Valley and we went up 95 and back 75 and across the state in Ocala.   Keeps you away from most of the tough construction and and keeps you away from having to run around Atlanta.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2006, 10:40:13 PM »

Unbalanced,

Thanks, I don't care much for Atlanta. I'm always looking for planes when I go around Atlanta with that many lanes I have to double think if I'm on a tarmac of an airport. Sounds like you must have been to Deals Gap in your travels.

chappy

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2006, 10:56:53 PM »

Chappy,

My good buddy was married there.   I live east / north of there about 45 miles I am in between Daytona and Orlando off I-4 corridor I am at near exit 108 and 111 off I-4.   No you cant beat the price where your staying.  

I can recommend quite a bit of riding if you don't already have plans let me know if you need some suggestions and routes happy to send you on some nice rides.

In regards to your build 4k is gonna be really close depending on how you support the 103 build.
I did it on my 03 anniversay ultra that I traded for the Cherry SEEG I now have.   I ended up at 117 tq / 109 hp and it ran good, while I did not do the timken upgrade in mine.  When I sold it, it had run for 38,000 flawless miles.

Screaming Eagle Pro Twin Cam Cylinders but NOT the Heads
Screaming Eagle 103+ Stroker Pistons 10.5 to 1 compression
Screaming Eagle Stroker Flywheel
Screaming Eagle Roller Rockers

Rivera Pro Clutch tried the HD SE Heavy Clutch Spring, but it didnt hold up.  Switched it out to the Rivera.  

Stock heads reworked by Al Redman here in florida    650.00
I went this way to keep the stealth look of the bike (Sleeper) and the heads ended up better than 103+

24/37 gearing
Compression releases
50 mm Zippers Throttle body with Cruise
Zippers A/C
SE 251 Cams

I tried the 204 cam / the 211 and I liked the 251 the best as it pulled low end and ran well all the way up from 2300 to 5800

The 211 was the first one really isnt for a bagger :)  3500 to 5500 range
The 204 ran great 1800 to 4300 but died on the top end
The 251 was the right fit for me :)  2300 to 5800

Hope this helps give you some ideas,

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2006, 11:32:20 PM »

Unbalanced,
A big help thanks.
Did you need to upgrade your oil pump?
Did you use the SE tappets?
Did she eat teeth off the pinion gear?
How did your starter hold up?

I haven't had much luck with SE clutches in the past, I've been using mostly Barnet but have found that I like it in neutral at those long red lights. After lighting it up a few times she would like a punch of gas to slip into neutral also.

If I end up going with th SE 103 kit on my '03 Ultra, do you know if Timkin bearings are part of the package or are they an upgrade?
Compression relief valves Not included; do you think I'll need them?

I plan to put in new SE tappets but I was not going to install the roller rockers. I got to tell you though! I am a tad hesitant with the SE heads, I've seen SE heads side by side with Head Quarters ported and polished heads and the Head Quarters heads made the SE heads look like rough castings. Now that was a few years back, has the SE Heads really improved as I have been hearing?

I'd like to here back how the roads are towards Pennsicola and east along the gilf. I heard rt 10 is half gone and only one bridge is open "still".

chappy

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2006, 08:22:24 PM »

Chappy,

I did use the SE Tappets and the adjustable pushrods.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 08:24:58 PM by Unbalanced »

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2006, 10:34:39 PM »

Hey Harry,
Thanks that's a great help and great info. Maybe I'll hold off on the moto work until after Bike break in the sunshine state. I have lots to consider and with so many choices. Like was mentioned earlier by another Post, "It all comes down the the $$s." With that being a very true statement, I am seeking to NOT be the guy that feels the shoes of this saying; "A fool and his money is soon parted."  Been down that path a few times that I'll admit to anyway. lol
I was wondering about the Gulf westward roads because I'm tring to figure out a nice long ride on some roads I haven't traveled, I'm thinking of a 1000 mile loop for a day run (saddlesore) but road construction and detours with lots of stop and go will bring a 1k day run to ruin in a hurry.

Thanks again you've been a great well of information

chappy

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 11:53:34 AM »

.......Last;
Is it true that the 2003 TC 88 didn't have timkin bearings on the crank?
Has there been any chatter on how the TC 88 low end holds up with just the top end built with a strong 95"?

Thanks

chappy
chappy,

Try this thread http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1132323216
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 02:04:47 PM »

Hi JRC,

Very interesting thread. I guess when you get right down to it, we the Harley owners and riders have become a bigger part of the MoCo support group that supply the funds for reseach and development. This used to be pretty much the task of the racers and their builders. It's good to be in the loop, however it's expensive to fund such an adventure. But, you got to love and I sense from reading these posts that "Love It" we do.

chappy

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2006, 02:34:06 PM »

Hubbard,
We'll be laeving the homestead about the same time you do. I plan to roll in to Orlando on the 2nd or 3rd lastest. staying til the 12th. I pickup 81 south from Scranton then cross the Blue Ridge on 77 to [highlight]29[/highlight] then 95 to Daytona, but since this year I'm going to Orlando I'll check and see if 81 south to 75 would work out better. Nothing in stone yet.

West Ginny is a beautiful ride. Coming home from Sturgis I roll through the hills of WV. I like to stop for a bite in any of the Hollows along the way. Can't beat the friendly family style table set ups. You don't see much of the comunity type eating arrangements up this way. One Veteran insisted on buying me lunch. Course, I did the same for a guy at the next stop.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006, 04:57:29 PM »

Thanks Hub,

You're right I should have said rt 26. I remember back just a couple years ago, I got caught in the big snow drop, drove into the storm that dropped a foot of the white stuff on Rt 77 than I drove out of the snow into rain and then finally it was all clear by Rt 95 south. I hope it's clear sailing this year, that pesky snow makes for slow going. I'll be towing also. The bike ride from here is reserved for warmer weather.

Well, I just finally made up my mind. Drove an hour south to Swanzey, NH and made up my mind on the way there and put $2,000.00 deposit to order the parts needed and set the appointment to get the Tuna Boat's 88" resurrected into a stroked 103" useing kit P# 29842-03. She'll be transformed from a dog to an eagle in several easy payments. Ha ha ha
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 04:59:36 PM by chappy »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2006, 05:03:24 PM »

, new cam chains w/tensioners,
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

chappy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2006, 05:14:02 PM »

Good question, but I do have a method to my madness. I still may install a Woodys Blower to the final mix. If I do go with that plan, I will need the chain drive because the unit doesn't work off the gear drive cams. See the Woody's Blower at http://www.wbtinc.com/
If I go that route it wouldn't be til mid-summer. Some where along the way I have to justify all these costs to Mama.
I don't like to have cold shoulder for supper. lol

Between now and then I may just change the plan an go with the gear set-uo (the gears are superior to the chain, hands down)

chappy
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 05:14:48 PM by chappy »
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 24 queries.