Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: wheels are peeling!!!  (Read 16218 times)

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
Re: wheels are peeling!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2010, 08:40:46 PM »

I love EBay! I bought a set of rider stealth floorboards over the weekend brand new for $70.00 !Mine are peeling and that is the only thing Harley didn't want to replace!!! :orange: :pumpkin:
hdnut

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2010, 08:53:30 PM »

I love EBay! I bought a set of rider stealth floorboards over the weekend brand new for $70.00 !Mine are peeling and that is the only thing Harley didn't want to replace!!! :orange: :pumpkin:
congrats!  Great find, hdnut.  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2010, 09:50:49 PM »

And I bought a spare outer fairing for $320.00 off eBay brand new for a orange and black 2004 seeg  !!! :pumpkin:
hdnut

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 12:27:33 AM »

just finding a fairing is a feat,,,  thats really great :2vrolijk_21:

hogasm

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2010, 08:06:02 PM »

just finding a fairing is a feat,,,  thats really great :2vrolijk_21:

Tell me about it :soapbox:I still need a B&B front fairing and it is not a spare

Warhawk

• Full CVO Member
    • AR
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2010, 12:16:51 PM »

I am a new owner of an '04 SEEG with peeling chrome on the wheels.  I would also like to switch to a taller front tire.  Has anyone ever tried putting a 19 inch Detonator wheel intended for a Sportster or Dyna on one of these bikes?  It would match the rear wheel and be an appearance upgrade, and do away with half of my wheel chrome issue.

This wheel is set up for dual rotors.  I would imagine that custom wheel spacers will be required, but I'm not sure if the rotor width will match the stock wheel?

There is one of these wheels on EBAY now for $475.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400160700043&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123

hogasm

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2010, 04:12:05 PM »

Tooooooo thin :nervous:

Warhawk

• Full CVO Member
    • AR
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2010, 04:38:51 PM »

Figures, I think I'm just going to have mine rechromed and stick with the common sized tires, I do a fair bit of traveling and it would be a good idea to stick with common tires.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »

good idea :2vrolijk_21:

drstein

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2011, 04:53:58 PM »

OMG....I bought this pristine 04 Pumpkin in Nov 2010 with 1400 mile...yes...1400...I now have 2400 and took it out today for a good cleaning. Just took the lowers off yesterday, these Fla summers be as hot as they are. Anyhow...there was some pitting...here..there...all cleaned up no problem...my floorboards ...perfect..........my wheels.....UNBELIEVABLE....pitted...peeling.......Now perhaps I should have really given her the once over sooner...but the bike was very clean. I'm certainly not as young as I used to be, and with a fractured vertabrae and leg issues, its hard to get down and detail regularly....but these wheels are a total mess. I've bought 3 new bikes from Harley ...the last 2 in 04 and 07.....what number do I call at the MOCO...I certainly don't see Rossmeyer's helping me...as I said...I am the second owner...and I don't go near them if I can help it.

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2011, 07:35:48 PM »

I don't have the number but I just called customer service . I had a friend that tried to get his wheels replaced two weeks after me and they turned him down. I got turned down the first time and just kept calling until I got a service rep. to help me. :orange:
hdnut

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2011, 04:49:19 AM »

The 04 wheels pit,, Plain and simple and when you replace them, they will pit again. I had bought a new whebb for the front and had the old one re-chromed.. I still have the new one on my 04, but the next time i need a new tirs I will switch the wheel..   Good luck but after 7 years, I really doubt that the Moco will do anything..  Don't hold your breath for Rossmeyer either. >:(

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2011, 10:39:12 AM »

OMG....I bought this pristine 04 Pumpkin in Nov 2010 with 1400 mile...yes...1400...I now have 2400 and took it out today for a good cleaning. Just took the lowers off yesterday, these Fla summers be as hot as they are. Anyhow...there was some pitting...here..there...all cleaned up no problem...my floorboards ...perfect..........my wheels.....UNBELIEVABLE....pitted...peeling.......Now perhaps I should have really given her the once over sooner...but the bike was very clean. I'm certainly not as young as I used to be, and with a fractured vertabrae and leg issues, its hard to get down and detail regularly....but these wheels are a total mess. I've bought 3 new bikes from Harley ...the last 2 in 04 and 07.....what number do I call at the MOCO...I certainly don't see Rossmeyer's helping me...as I said...I am the second owner...and I don't go near them if I can help it.

As Stu and others have mentioned the 04s were notorious for bad chrome.  In an area prone to salt air such as Florida it's only going to be worse.  But seven years is seven years.  Especially when measured against an original two year warranty.  Does seem to be spitting in to the wind to expect a manufacturer to address a cosmetic failure most of a decade after production.

drstein

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2011, 01:45:09 PM »

Yeah...I certainly understand what you all are saying about the timeframe thing...7 yrs and all. Its just unbelievable that 4 months ago they where pristine. Just 4 months in Fla are they are shot, not just pitting, but flaking like mad. I know they won't help, but its sad that , considering all the issues with these wheels, they won't stand behind them. Sadly, now that I understand what living in the Sunshine state is going to do to my chrome, and the constant attention I'm going to have to pay to detailing, I may very well have to sell this bike. Theres just no way, with my medial issues, I can maintain it like it like it should be.

drstein

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »

and not that it matters , but aren't RNC's chrome wheels warrantied for 7 yrs...... :-\
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 20 queries.