Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: Dealership discounts  (Read 12276 times)

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
Re: Dealership discounts
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2010, 09:16:39 PM »

I meant to add that and forgot.  In his case with Illinois, that would have been another 6.25% savings or another $156.25 on $2500 in purchases.  So that brings the total savings on these 2 purchases to about $331.25 by going through Jenni.  No matter how you look at it, that's a hefty amount left in your pocket, or another $414 in parts you could buy with the 20% discount.  Now I know why I've stopped buying parts from my local dealer.  On my last bike alone, I would have saved well over $2000 by ordering through Jenni, but luckily, at the time I purchased most of my parts at 25% off from a local dealer that was running a special that they no longer run.

Minus the two beers and three sets of batteries your calculator used to figure this all out !  :cherry:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2010, 10:36:13 PM »

Minus the two beers and three sets of batteries your calculator used to figure this all out !  :cherry:

I've had this solar powered calculator from Radio Shack since around 1975, when I was a junior in high school, and it just doesn't seem to quit on me...and I needed the beer to wash down the Krystal burgers anyway.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2010, 11:06:59 PM »

I've had this solar powered calculator from Radio Shack since around 1975, when I was a junior in high school, and it just doesn't seem to quit on me...and I needed the beer to wash down the Krystal burgers anyway.

Where's a Yankee in PA find Krystal burgers?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2010, 11:18:38 PM »

Where's a Yankee in PA find Krystal burgers?

That was actually just a little inside joke with OhioDave.  When we were in Daytona, those Krystal Burgers didn't exactly agree with me, so I ended up decorating the parking lot at the hotel several times.  Hey, you asked.  Those used to be my favorites and now I don't think I could ever eat one again.

hogasm

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2010, 08:15:04 AM »

Let me get this correct.  You pay $75 for 10% off to start.  So your first $750 you spend, you get $75 off, and have paid $75 to get this, so you have paid MSRP for the first $750 in purchases.  You said that you instantly applied your discount when you made your first purchase of around $2000.  Since you got a 12% discount, that would mean you saved $240 minus the $75 to join, so you saved $165 on a $2000 purchase, which I calculate to a total discount of a little over 8%.  Now, if you made this one purchase through Jenni, you would have saved $400 on the purchase.  Unless you happened to be the lucky winner of that big flat-screen TV, I don't see how this is a good deal at all.  Yes, I know you think you are stimulating the local economy, but only the owner's economy.  Do you really think that they're paying the employees better just because they are making more money off of each customer?  Now, you are buying the tourpack and saving 28% or $140, which means the price would be about $500 for the tourpack, etc.  Puchasing it through Jenni saves $100.  So, on these 2 purchases, you saved $305, which is great if it weren't for the fact that you would have saved $500 through Jenni.  Now, admittedly, Jenni charges $10 shipping on each order, so you would have really only saved $480 vs. $305.  That's an extra $175 still in your pocket and I'll bet you can find a better dinner than the dealer serves with $175.  I'm just saying...

I'm sorry. You're right, I'm wrong. Now you can go finish your other argument with the wall. didn't know how to do  multiple quotes

I thought I was the bad guy here..............AJ help !!!!!!!!!!

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • U.P. Cruising
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 09:25:28 AM »

I'm sorry. You're right, I'm wrong. Now you can go finish your other argument with the wall. didn't know how to do  multiple quotes

wow.. that's the same as post #17.. starting to see a pattern here....  :D  :bananarock:

Like I said earlier, "whatever works best for you". A discount is better than no discount at all!!!
2015 CVO Limited

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 12:44:57 PM »

I wasn't trying to be a bad guy at all, but rather I just thought that from all that was being said, putting some real numbers out there would make this a lot more clear.  A close friend of mine has put about $50,000 in upgrades to his 2 bikes in the past year and has let the dealer do it all.  He has received nothing more than 5% reward bucks back on any of the parts, and he's always telling me how much he has built up to spend on the reward card.  I've been telling him for a long time that he's spending way too much for the parts.  He finally got himself a computer and he's been surfing around and finding out how much he can save.  No matter how much I told him, it never seemed to register until he saw it in "black and white" on the computer.  Yes, his bikes are pretty awesome machines.  Like was said earlier, some discount is better than no discount at all, but when you have an addiction like a lot of us do, those numbers can really build up when you aren't looking out for #1.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 08:07:39 PM »

Alright Dave now go back to reminiscing about your Krystal burgers.... :beerchug:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2010, 08:35:42 PM »

Alright Dave now go back to reminiscing about your Krystal burgers.... :beerchug:

I think I needed a "do over" on that night.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 07:13:45 AM »

I think I needed a "do over" on that night.

Yep agreed...lol

Wanna ride

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2010, 11:05:25 PM »

I haven't been on here in over a week and you all are still bickering over this?

Some of you guys need to get off your keyboard and back on your motorcycle. But then again you probably only ride when it's not raining and only between 76 and 82 degrees. But it's probably because you're so busy with all your clients or patients.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2010, 11:43:30 PM »

I haven't been on here in over a week and you all are still bickering over this?

Some of you guys need to get off your keyboard and back on your motorcycle. But then again you probably only ride when it's not raining and only between 76 and 82 degrees. But it's probably because you're so busy with all your clients or patients.

I can't speak for everyone, but I know I rode down to zero degrees last winter, and as soon as I get back my speaker pod that's being painted, I'll be back on the streets.  Of course, I'm using heated gear to do that.  This year, I'm not riding with salt on the roads anymore.  It's a real pain to clean the salt off the bike and I don't have an indoor facility at home where I can feasibly hose it down.  These bikes are too nice to let them rust away from salt.  You are in Central Illinois. I can't imagine that your weather has been any better than we've had here in PA this year.  We just finally had the first few days of rain to wash that crap off the roads.

Anyway, you haven't been on the site for a real long time yet and I think you'll find that there are quite a few of us that share your passion to ride no matter what mother nature throws our way.  Also, don't ever take anything personal on here.  We just happen to be a very opinionated bunch that don't hesitate to toss our viewpoints out there, whether anyone wants to hear them or not.  I think you'll enjoy the site and the people even more.  You obviously aren't afraid to say what's on your mind either, so it looks like you fit in well with this crew.  Remember, not only will we try to help you spend your money, we'll also try to find ways to save you money on what you do spend.  One more thing, if you ever find yourself riding toward the Pittsburgh area, get in touch and we'll ride...and of course one more thing...if you ever get the opportunity to attend any of the forum GTG's (get-togethers), by all means do it.  Meeting up with these folks will make you appreciate the banter even more.

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • U.P. Cruising
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2010, 11:57:52 PM »

Well I too can't speak for everyone,.... but this is why I'm not riding right now and yes I DID riding up to the point the salt was on the road.
2015 CVO Limited

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 12:00:48 AM »

Well I too can't speak for everyone,.... but this is why I'm not riding right now and yes I DID riding up to the point the salt was on the road.

Holy crap man!  Put some studded tires on that beast and git'r'done.  :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2010, 12:01:42 AM »

I think there may be too much snow for you to get down far enough to find the salt.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.