Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Finally a Chopped Tour Pak  (Read 16254 times)

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
Re: Finally a Chopped Tour Pak
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »

I've been kicking myself since '05 for not buying the SEEG. Now with my '10 Spiced Rum, I've got the platform to create the SEEG I always wanted. WITH the 110 engine, ABS and new frame/rear tire. It is painfully obvious to my wallet what a good deal the SEEGs were. They came with the Chopped TP and lowers (vented in '05) for what was it, $28,995? It will take a lot more than that to add the TP and lowers to my SESG. But, worth it in the end, I think. It may take me awhile to get there, but that's the vision...

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 06:46:09 PM »

I really like the pricing on the CVO colors.  We pay so much for our bikes, they can ask "extra" for CVO colors!  :huepfenjump3:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 11:32:56 PM »

I've been kicking myself since '05 for not buying the SEEG. Now with my '10 Spiced Rum, I've got the platform to create the SEEG I always wanted. WITH the 110 engine, ABS and new frame/rear tire. It is painfully obvious to my wallet what a good deal the SEEGs were. They came with the Chopped TP and lowers (vented in '05) for what was it, $28,995? It will take a lot more than that to add the TP and lowers to my SESG. But, worth it in the end, I think. It may take me awhile to get there, but that's the vision...

You want to look at the thread of my mods (it'll take awhile to get through all the mods, there's 38 pages).....I've pretty much duplicated my
SEEG.....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 11:33:19 AM »

No offense, but I'm not sure why anyone would buy anything smaller than the King Tour Pak?  Especially if you are going with the detachable, wouldn't you want the most cargo space you can get

The other side of the coin, is you can't pack all that extra that you didn't need in the first place!  :2vrolijk_21:
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 01:08:23 PM »

Well, some such as I think that the Chopped TP looks a lot more sportier than the King TP, especially on a bike such as the Street Glide... Keeps it low and mean looking.

Now the Ultra is a different look all together and serves a different purpose.

It's kind of like the difference between a Escalade (being the Ultra with all the bells & whistles) ready for a family vacation with boat in tow, and a Corvette (being a Street Glide that isn't meant to carry a lot) ready for a vacation with your honey, with the top down of course.

No offence meant here, JMHO. 
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »

You want to look at the thread of my mods (it'll take awhile to get through all the mods, there's 38 pages).....I've pretty much duplicated my
SEEG.....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.0

JCZ, I've been following your thread since day one. One the most expensive things I've ever done. You're bike is great.

Wanna ride

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 10:53:12 PM »

No offense, but I'm not sure why anyone would buy anything smaller than the King Tour Pak?
In my case, it's because I'm a bigger guy and the chopped pak would be just the right size for a weekend.
I never have anyone with me, so I don't really need the extra space from the king pak, and I really like the low profile look of the chopped pak.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 08:28:28 AM »

JCZ, I've been following your thread since day one. One the most expensive things I've ever done. You're bike is great.

Ooooppps, I'm sorry. :nervous: :nervous:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »

In my case, it's because I'm a bigger guy and the chopped pak would be just the right size for a weekend.
I never have anyone with me, so I don't really need the extra space from the king pak, and I really like the low profile look of the chopped pak.
The chopped tourpak looks great as far as looks go. I had one for my 06 SG and I liked the way it looks. Alas, everytime I packed for a trip, something wouldn't fit it or I wanted something locked up so I didn't have to drag it to the third floor of the motel. I would like to have both, but I can only have one, so I'm gonna go with the king. I think you'll enjoy the chopped if you get it
TJ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 06:36:15 PM »

The chopped tourpak looks great as far as looks go. I had one for my 06 SG and I liked the way it looks. Alas, everytime I packed for a trip, something wouldn't fit it or I wanted something locked up so I didn't have to drag it to the third floor of the motel. I would like to have both, but I can only have one, so I'm gonna go with the king. I think you'll enjoy the chopped if you get it

Provided he doesn't need to lock something up so that he doesn't have to lug it up to the third floor of a hotel. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 08:31:27 PM »

Provided he doesn't need to lock something up so that he doesn't have to lug it up to the third floor of a hotel. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I liked the chopped as well, but I think being able to fit enough stuff in it is important, so I went with the King. Like someone said--it's removable :2vrolijk_21:

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 08:27:47 AM »

ever see one of these?
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2010, 10:48:22 AM »

ever see one of these?

Be interesting to see that when it's finished. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »

Done and RTG
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 03:51:09 PM »

ever see one of these?
[/quote
Where did you get the backrest?
TJ
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 20 queries.