Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Chrome problems??!!  (Read 12264 times)

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
Re: Chrome problems??!!
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2004, 07:15:08 PM »

Yes, that is what it looks like.  Except mine is getting MUCH worse.  They are replacing it, but have to order it for me.  Now I saw that my rear one is peeling too.  GREAT!  Looks like new wheels all around for me.  Maybe it's getting worse because the faster you go the more the air catches loose chrome and pulls it off.  In that case, it should all be gone by now!  Haa

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2004, 08:20:35 PM »

OK...here's where I stand after washing today.  Both wheels need to be replaced, along with the right floorboard, which already was, and now the right rear floorboard is starting to bubble again.  Geez.  What is the deal here?

zwild

• Bad to the bone!
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2004, 08:42:06 PM »

I was washing mine the other day & the chrome started peelin off the front rim boy was I p'd off [smiley=furious.gif], went straight to the dealer and they said they'd replace it no problem. They said it happened to another SEEG owner but it was the rear rim... Keep your eyes open for this.
04 FLHTCSE Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide, HD EFI race tuner, SE high flow air cleaner, V&H True Duels w/oval slip-ons, & lots of extra goodies. dyno tuned # 96 hp & 100 ftp tourque, not bad for a stock ride!
83 FXWG 93ci stroker, cus

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2004, 11:07:30 PM »

Had my front wheel replaced today.  Hopefully, this new rim will be waranted if the chrome starts peeling off of it, too! [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

fxrmonsterle

• My FLHTCSE

• CVO1: FLHTCSE04
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE07
    • CVO3: FLHXSE2 Cryptonite
    • FXRMONSTERLE
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2004, 03:19:51 AM »

Had my front wheel replaced today.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2004, 08:03:49 AM »

fxrmonsterle, a photo of my original wheel showing the area where the chrome was peeling off is at the bottom of page two of this thread.  So, take back your: [smiley=worthless.gif]

[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 08:05:48 AM by 103tHunDer »

zwild

• Bad to the bone!
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2004, 10:35:21 AM »

Mine started peeling in the center by one of the spokes. I don't know if this is common to all wheels
04 FLHTCSE Screamin' Eagle Electra Glide, HD EFI race tuner, SE high flow air cleaner, V&H True Duels w/oval slip-ons, & lots of extra goodies. dyno tuned # 96 hp & 100 ftp tourque, not bad for a stock ride!
83 FXWG 93ci stroker, cus

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2004, 09:40:15 AM »

No real need for pictures...you will know.  When you see large chunks of chrome laying on your garage floor, and there is unpolished naked metal on your wheels or floorboards, you have a problem.  BE EXTRA careful if you are wiping the wheels down.  A piece of chrome in your towel could scratch the S*&T out of the paint.  And that would probably NOT be warranty covered.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2004, 02:13:48 PM »

Started a poll out of curiosity to where the chrome problems are isolated to.  Thanks.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2004, 04:12:47 PM »

Hey, yeah, I thought that was new but then wondered if I might be losing my mind [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nervous.gif]

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2004, 11:59:41 AM »

Well, here's a new one: the heel shifter on mine is starting to flake on the top in the thin part where it slides over the shaft.  When the bike was about two weeks old the stupid thing got loose and nearly rattled off the bike before I figured out what what making all the racket.  When I tightened it back down I tried to take it easy because I was afraid it might stress the chrome there, but it seems I must've overdone it, anyway.

I'm not the one who replied "Other" to the poll, though, so where else are folks having trouble besides the "normal" wheels and footboards?

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2004, 12:09:18 PM »

By the way, my dealer got me a new front wheel pretty quickly, but said that rear wheels are on back order, and they have no idea when they will be ready.  Bad news...and indication that this problem is getting worse before better.  JCZ, and news from your source yet on the nature and depth of this problem?

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2004, 09:55:46 AM »

Well...thankfully it looks like so far the chrome problems aren't nearly as widespread as they could have been.  Up to this point, there have been 53 responses to the age of SEEG owners, and only 14 responses to what chrome parts are peeling.  And the peeling chrome allows multiple votes, so there are fewer than 14 people who have responded so far.  Excellent.  I hope that it stays this way.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2004, 11:18:42 AM »

By the way, my dealer got me a new front wheel pretty quickly, but said that rear wheels are on back order, and they have no idea when they will be ready.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 11:19:21 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2004, 11:52:26 AM »

Well, that's great for yours.  I hope that it stays that way.  Thanks also for the update.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 20 queries.