Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Where do they go???  (Read 2774 times)

hdnut

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Where do they go???
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 01:52:25 PM »

Thats Good stuff twolane. [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
hdnut

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 02:11:45 PM »

Many of us are second guessing the MoCo's decision to ramp up production over the past few years in an attempt to grow market share. Dealership inventories are definitely "crowded" compared to what the used to be. I waited 18 months for a '97 Heritage Springer. I waited 6 months for a '00 Road King Classic. It was part of the mystique and I enjoyed it even though I may have complained at the time. Today you can buy most any model on the spot - even a SECU if you shop around a little.
So where are they all going? Who's going to buy all of these motorcycles? How long will the market continue? And while you ponder that, where did all of the special edition '98 95th anniversary bikes go. There were thousands. And how about the '03 100th bikes? A year ago they were everywhere. Seemed like everybody was riding one at Sturgis in '03. Now you rarely see one. [highlight]Are they all parked in some secret place or rusting away in musty dark garages?[/highlight]

SEvet

• Junior CVO Member
    • AZ
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 03:21:54 PM »

All together now....

"O.C.D"   "O.C.D."   "O.C.D" 8-)
2015 Stage 4 Road Glide
Coming - 2016 Fatboy
Past rides;
2000 SERG w/SE heads, Race Tuner, V&H ovals
'01 FLHRI, 95"
2009 SERG Silver V&H Power Duals, 2" Fullsac baffles, HB

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 03:34:13 PM »

Good discussion from all of you. I believe Harley Davidson has evolved to be much more than just a motorcycle manufacturer - it's now a culture. Most of us in this group invest in the product to ride and enjoy. Others undoubtedly invest in it because they want to be a part of the culture and nothing more than that. Their rides are parked someplace under cover with few miles showing. Those poor folks never fully understand the excitement and enjoyment we feel doing an "Iron Butt Run" or the magnet that draws some of us to ride thousands of miles to gather at Sturgis, Daytona or the hundreds of other places we gather to be with our family of riders. They don't know what it's like to wake up in the middle of the night and have to go out to the garage - just to have a look and make sure that new CVO is all right. I applaud the culture for helping financially to prop up the MoCo so the rest of us will always have access to the motorcycles we love.
Twolane's vision of 2007 may be right but I doubt it. I do however enjoy his humor.
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 07:04:30 PM »

Cool JCZ,

Inquiring minds want to know!

Yellowsedeuce

Yeaa, I want to know too.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 07:05:32 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2006, 12:37:31 PM »

I was at a bike show in Kansas City yesterday and discovered where some of those legacy models are going. They're being converted into trikes. There were at least 4 trike builders there with many versions of their work. There was a very nice 95th Anniversary Fatboy looked pretty nice as a trike. There were also several versions of CVO's including a '03 SERK and a Deuce. Hadn't seen a Deuce trike before. I'm not a trike person but interesting stuff for those who are.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 12:42:02 PM by ezrider4 »
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 12:56:01 PM »

we gotta switch you to decaf
Oh, I think it's worse than that.  har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 20 queries.