Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: What are dealers selling the black/slate FLHTCUSE for???  (Read 3115 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
Re: What are dealers selling the black/slate FLHTCUSE for???
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 08:42:03 AM »

send me a pm when you pick bike up either I'll ride over and say hi or we can do lunch. congrats jdo

Not 100% sure I'm buying.  I'll plan on seeing if the Athens dealer will price match.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

harleyman

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 10:15:05 PM »

got a deposit on one at msrp plus freight should be here april or may

aktung

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 07:44:00 PM »

fOR AS MUCH AS THE MARKET WILL BEAR. gLAD i DONT CARE FOR THE BLACKED OUT LOOK.
IN THE WIND IN MONTGOMERY,RIDIN IT LIKE I STOLE IT,GHOST RIDER.

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 08:03:37 PM »

South Dakota Dealers havn't got the message, Sioux Falls Dealer wants $40,000 for theirs, and Balck Hills HD wants $45,000 for their 2 with one already sold. I wanted to get the balck after I seen it, but wasn't going to give a premium for one. Nothing like a little greed.
Supershooter

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 08:40:15 PM »

South Dakota Dealers havn't got the message, Sioux Falls Dealer wants $40,000 for theirs, and Balck Hills HD wants $45,000 for their 2 with one already sold. I wanted to get the balck after I seen it, but wasn't going to give a premium for one. Nothing like a little greed.
Supershooter

Was the sold bike a presale or has it already been delivered by the dealer?

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2010, 08:59:06 PM »

Pre Sold, any theories?
Supershooter

dwille1498

• IL

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE
    • CVO3: TBD
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2010, 09:29:12 PM »

I am second in line at my dealer, who is only supposed to get one, he has the red and black, as well as the blue and grey in stock, which I have been able to walk past many times without the urge to pull out my wallet. The black is really unique, and has got my attention as well as my wallet wobbling. All are available at MSRP. Hopefully going to see the new one at the bike show this weekend.

NVTHIS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Fatboy, Copperhead Red
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 - Burnt Amber & Hot Citrus and Flames
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 03:03:56 AM »

I don't know how far you want to travel Tommy.

Ben Breece HD in Ottawa, Ohio (west of Findlay) shows one unsold for May delivery under "Future Inventory" on their website.  Call and talk to Julie there to get a price.

Chris (Nvthis) got his citrus there and got $1,000 off and no freight, prep, or other bogus fees-he found it under "future inventory" and waited for delivery.  They are a first class small town dealer.   

Bob
So true about this dealership. I will be buying all my future bikes from them. This is a family dealership and they treat there customers like family. Call Julie she will take very good care of you.
This site is like the Mafia, once you get in you can't get out.

SixGun

• Senior CVO Member
  • "Life is too short to drink out-of-date beer"
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2010, 10:39:43 AM »

Considering that H-D's MSRP is $36,499 plus $380 for freight it is slightly above list but looks reasonable from what I've heard.  I was told that dealers would be allocated only one each and that some dealers were selling for over $40k.  So good I guess in the end just depends on your definition of 'good.'  As far as I'm concerned it is outrageous but in light of the moco's published prices it looks pretty 'good' to me.   :confused5:
They'll be on ebay for much less in a year, just wait...
Unapologetically American!

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 04:12:25 PM »

They'll be on ebay for much less in a year, just wait...
You got that right. When I fell in love with the Amber color in Sturgis this year, I came home to find one and could not find one in over 50 dealers that I contacted. After I snagged one in Denver, they seemed to pop out of the woodwork. I had 5 of those dealers call me in one week to say that they now had that bike for sale. They found out that not everyone in this economy had $40,000 to put down on a new bike, and now those bikes were sitting on their showroom floor. Some of them now wanted to make a deal, that they were unwilling to make only two months earlier. Two of those bikes are still sitting on the floor here in Denver. I would not pay over MSRP as those black bikes will come down in price when the newness fades away.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 05:34:24 PM »

You got that right. When I fell in love with the Amber color in Sturgis this year, I came home to find one and could not find one in over 50 dealers that I contacted. After I snagged one in Denver, they seemed to pop out of the woodwork. I had 5 of those dealers call me in one week to say that they now had that bike for sale. They found out that not everyone in this economy had $40,000 to put down on a new bike, and now those bikes were sitting on their showroom floor. Some of them now wanted to make a deal, that they were unwilling to make only two months earlier. Two of those bikes are still sitting on the floor here in Denver. I would not pay over MSRP as those black bikes will come down in price when the newness fades away.
Yeah, like anything else - if you have to be first to have the latest (and supposedly greatest) then you can expect to pay top dollar.  Remember the Mazda Miata?

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 20 queries.