Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: New pics for first time out this year  (Read 3907 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: New pics for first time out this year
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2010, 11:21:45 PM »

Dave Dave Dave, you still got those reflectors on? bet you still got the stickers too, just sayin. :pineapple:

Okay, now that I'm not trying to type from my Blackberry...yup, the reflectors are gone and did the Hottoppers over the last couple days.  It's starting to come together now.  I've got a few more ideas left to do and then I'm done.  Nothing else to add to this bike after those items...except for the next idea that someone gives me on this glorious forum, of course.  Damn...while I was thinking about it, another big item came to mind.  Oh well, I guess this bike will never be done.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2010, 11:32:59 PM »

As complete as it's going to get.  It's the Kuryakyn cover.
Great way to go, saves time and money and looks great
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2010, 11:48:46 PM »

Great way to go, saves time and money and looks great

I had the real one on my last bike and those definitely look nicer, but...I'm finding the same question over and over...is that a cover or the real thing?  If the average Harley person can't tell the difference, why bother going any further with it.  I'm more than satisfied with it, and I'm the only one that really matters.  It also matches up well with all of the Kuryakyn covers on the transmission, etc. 

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 05:12:53 PM »

I did the chrome inner, I can see a cover a mile away. But i'll say this, the HD starter cover is way smooth.
Dave, hope you didn't need a dremel to get those reflectors off. :huepfenlol2:
How'd you like doing the hottoppers? fun
you could always add some LED's just sayin :nixweiss:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 08:20:13 PM »

I did the chrome inner, I can see a cover a mile away. But i'll say this, the HD starter cover is way smooth.
Dave, hope you didn't need a dremel to get those reflectors off. :huepfenlol2:
How'd you like doing the hottoppers? fun
you could always add some LED's just sayin :nixweiss:

I couldn't tell a bike from a parking meter at a mile away...but like I said, the normal Joe doesn't know the difference, but I can tell, and I'm okay with that.  I'd rather have the real thing, but this way sure was easy and inexpensive and nobody really ever seems to look at the left side of the bike anyway...probably because I don't have a centerstand.  If I ever have any work done that requires removal of the primary cover, that would be the time I would change to a real one, and not have to eat all of that labor time.  That's when I had it done on my last bike.  Then I can sell the cover I have to some other cheap bastard.

How else do you get those reflectors off without the dremel tool?  I had to make 4 horizontal cuts and then one long vertical cut, and then peel off each piece individually.  Isn't that how everyone does it?  The hard part was getting the bike clamped down in my vise.

The hopttoppers were kind of fun...I kept finding more places I could put them for about 4 days...and I still have about 40 of them left over...but that's because I have all of the chrome covers on the transmission and I had already done the rocker cover bolts.  I found some good spots for some of them that aren't in the instructions either.  I didn't like that I had to use the silicone for so many, but they are staying on.  I can't believe how much of a difference those things make.  It really looks awesome now.  I did a few more things at the same time, so I'll have to update the photos once again soon.

The LED's are a distinct possibility, but I'm not in any hurry since I don't have the bike out after dark too often.  I'll probably do the Xenon headlamp before I think too hard about the LED's on the engine.

In case anyone actually took me serious about removing the reflectors, no, I didn't really use a dremel tool.  I got out the chainsaw for a job that size.  Seriously, the fishing line worked great and I had all 4 off and tape cleaned up inside of 10 minutes.

frankshd

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5-BLK 2010 452 of 999
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2010, 08:31:47 PM »

:apple: :bananarock: your a funny guy,  funny like a clown funny      [goodfellows]
D&D 2-1 a/c tts master tune corbin seat,

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2010, 08:57:24 PM »

:apple: :bananarock: your a funny guy,  funny like a clown funny      [goodfellows]

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f$^&# up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to f^$%& amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?
(That's the line from Goodfellas)   :coolblue:

frankshd

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2010, 09:09:20 PM »

lol thats good !!!!!!  what a great movie  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 09:13:13 PM »

lol thats good !!!!!!  what a great movie  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I can't really take credit...just did a search on "Goodfellas quotes".  I couldn't remember all of that.

frankshd

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2010, 09:20:38 PM »

mom can i borrow this knife, we hit one of them umm deers his leg err foot .. hoof yea his hoof got cought in the grill have to wack it off can't leave him there be a sin,....... ill bring it back   

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »

[/quote]

The LED's are a distinct possibility, but I'm not in any hurry since I don't have the bike out after dark too often.  I'll probably do the Xenon headlamp before I think too hard about the LED's on the engine.

No since that famous Krystal Burger run :cherry:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2010, 02:58:32 AM »

No since that famous Krystal Burger run :cherry:

Dave...I was just thinking (and that doesn't happen a lot) that we should find a weekend day to meet up around half way, maybe Cambridge, OH.  Grab lunch(anything but Krystal burgers) and maybe a ride through Salt Fork State Park or something.  It's only about 80 miles for you and 120 for me...an easy roundtripper for a day.  I'm sure you know the state better than I do, so you might know of a better location.  I just looked at a map and picked something close to the middle.  I'll PM you, but I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else in OH sees this and wants to join in.

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2010, 04:06:16 PM »

Looks Great!!!!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

HD Rider

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2010, 03:51:39 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: Very nice.  I like it.  Enjoy the ride!
HD Rider
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.