Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: Bike Lift  (Read 19898 times)

Paladin

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Bike Lift
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2006, 09:20:42 PM »

Pitbull Lifts out of Tenn, They are the guys you see at Daytona behind the Beach Street HD dealer. They are real big on telling you tieing down the bike is unnecessary (I don't agree) but their lifts are first class. Good rollers, base is big enough that the unit is very stable etc. Grease fittings on the lift.
Nice product, he always gives a discount if picked up at the show, but I can not remember the price. One thing about all of these lifts, whether it be the (Way too narrow for a Harley) Sears/Sam's club unit or the Pitbull/Black Jack type jacks. They all need to have the bike all the way up when in use. This puts the bike in the "center" of the base which makes it stable. If you try to use it partially raised the weight is "hung" off the side making the lift tippy. If the weight is hanging off the side, it makes the unit heavy on that side and much more prone to tip that way. A 800# load that is tipping over WILL hurt you!
Very nice product. Website has demo videos .. www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com .. Mine was cheaper at show. Picked up, no shipping.

BadAss2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 14 years and still got her
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2006, 09:47:39 AM »

I went with a superlifts, its like a hardy lift. Easy, fast, and very safe ( a great thing if you dont like spending more money when a bike falls ). www.superlifts.com/motorcycle.html
Have one like the J&S jack. Scared as hell when it's up in the air. Have it tied down on both sided and from the back just to be safe. Will be getting this style like this superlift as soon as I can.
FLHTCSE2 Candy Cherry
6 speed tranny,regeared primary and secondary,
SE slip on pipes, K&M Kit, remap ECM
Chrome - inner primary, starter, front calipers, thunderstar sprocket, headlamp and signal light trim, all chrome bolt kits
L

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2006, 11:15:32 AM »

[highlight]Have one like the J&S jack. Scared as hell when it's up in the air.[/highlight] Have it tied down on both sided and from the back just to be safe. Will be getting this style like this superlift as soon as I can.

Have you ever used a J&S jack?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I own a J&S jack and I'm not scared when the bike is up on it. It's the most stable jack I've seen. I have no reservations about putting my $40k bike up on it. Tying down a bike while on a jack is always a good idea even though I don't feel it's always necessary on a J&S jack. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2006, 11:49:35 PM »

Have you ever used a J&S jack?

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2007, 10:50:52 PM »

If your going to get a J&S jack, buy it from a show, they sell them at a discount from their website price, you can still get your 10% CVO discount, and save the $ 40 S&H, thats a total of $80 off the website, so I got mine for $260+tax. I drove down to the supercycleshow at McCormick Place. they do a great demo with a guy climbing all over the front and back of a dresser that will makes you cringe, but the bike doesn't budge an inch, oh and no straps. one of the Best jack on the market IMHO.

EAGLE1

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 06:42:19 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Bagger

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2007, 11:05:45 PM »

A few years ago I bought a $68 chassis lift at Walmart.  Worked great on the Softail and the 02 Ultra, however it is too high to get under the SEUC.  Have to roll the bike onto 5/8" plywood sheets to get the frame up high enough to get the lift under it.  I may be in the market for a new lift soon.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2007, 12:23:22 AM »

A few years ago I bought a $68 chassis lift at Walmart.  Worked great on the Softail and the 02 Ultra, however it is too high to get under the SEUC.  Have to roll the bike onto 5/8" plywood sheets to get the frame up high enough to get the lift under it.  I may be in the market for a new lift soon.

Henry...the J&S will go under your scoot without any problems.  I've used mine to put the exhaust on, Legends, bars, and of course just general cleaning.  I also sprung for the pan that attaches for changing fluids and used it last week...sure makes life easier to change everything and it all just runs down the spout right into my flat pan, which rests on the bottom of the jack.  On a flat floor, like my basement, I can roll the bike all over the place!!  And you really can climb all over the bike without worrying about it falling off.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

07 CVO

• Elite CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN EAGLE!! Top of the Food chain!

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #82 on: February 07, 2007, 02:23:54 AM »

I have a SEARS Craftsman lift that I use on my SEUC and have no problems at all getting it under the bike and for under a $100 for mu needs it does the job just perfect

Mark
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Black and Orange
SE A/C, SERT, Samson Caliber True Duels
2006 Honda CBR 1000RR (SOLD)
2008 VW R32 #3719/5000 United Grey
2008 VW GTI

SilvrBulet

• Senior CVO Member
  • Built to Ride

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #83 on: February 07, 2007, 08:42:32 AM »

I have the Pitbull with the 12-ton air operated jack.  The thing is super solid with the bike up in the air (max lift height 25") and I put my SERG up without tie-downs and it is fine.  With a small air compressor, the lift "picks: the bike up off the stand, raised it and lowers it back on the stand with no problem.  The only thing I have a problem with is that I have to pull the SERG up straight to get the pitbull under it (this is not a problem with my stock Fatboy).  The casters are easy to roll around the garage and when you put down the stops (after the bike is raised) it stays put.  They very recently began offering a turn table option ($150) that allows the bike to be turned 360 degrees which I am interested in and can be retrofitted to my pitbull, but as much as think this lift is solid, I'd tie mine down.

Price-wise, I snagged my Pitbull on EBAY for about $280, the guy had gotten it as a gift and only used it once and wanted it out of his garage.  I think they run about $600 retail.  You can check them out at www.pitbullmotorcyclelifts.com or call 888-299-9325.

I must say however that the Bestway lift looks sweet. 

BlueSEI2

Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm throttle body, Dewey's Pro-Street ported heads, SE cam plate w/Baisley HP spring, Zipper's pro-taper TC pushrods, S&S Rockers & Boxes, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Corbin, M/C Armor, HarleyGoodies

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #84 on: February 07, 2007, 09:53:45 PM »

Dude you are crazy using a $68 walmart POS under your $30K plus bike  :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Bagger

« Reply #85 on: February 07, 2007, 10:14:09 PM »

Dude you are crazy using a $68 walmart POS under your $30K plus bike  :nixweiss:

Dude it works! :nixweiss:

Bagger

« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2007, 10:15:46 PM »

but it got you one post closer to 1001.  CONGRATS porthole! :apple:

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2007, 10:18:31 PM »

but it got you one post closer to 1001.  CONGRATS porthole! :apple:

Almost ... I'll have to think of something eloquent to say for the the big 1k milestone. I think I'll have to get some coaching from the master, 2Lane.
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Bagger

« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2007, 10:25:10 PM »

Almost ... I'll have to think of something eloquent to say for the the big 1k milestone. I think I'll have to get some coaching from the master, 2Lane.

Great stuff Bro.  Looking forward to another 1K.  I've already lauded you in the 1K club thread.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #89 on: February 09, 2007, 05:00:59 PM »

I have been using the Sears all alum. jack for two years know. No probs here with no tie downs used. Was around 100.00 if I remember right. Had the Sams club speacial for before that and was very unstable is now a boat anchor ;D
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 25 queries.