Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Which Tuner??  (Read 1229 times)

1BADHAWG

Which Tuner??
« on: April 02, 2010, 12:34:16 PM »

Ok guys i have a 04 SSEG,got it back in February, the only thing that has been done to it is the stage one and has Rienhart true duals, the local dyno guy says to go with a Power Commander, i have heard and read about the SERT...which one should i go with??? i would like a programable one for future upgrades....cams etc, the bike has 2400 miles on it and it seems to be running a little rich..have not checked the plugs and its not popping or anything..just smells rich if you know what i mean..this is the 1st SE i have had the rest have been 88 and 96 so i dont know if this 103 is supposed to be like that, sorry for the long post and thanks in advance to everyone's input

efrbc1

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Which Tuner??
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 05:53:17 PM »

I have the PClll in my RK and a SERT in my '05 SEEG.  If I was to do it again, I would go with the PClll in the SEEG.  Much easier to DIY.  Had a lot of issues installing the SERT and  took several discs to get it done.  I'm told the SERT has more "adjustability" but I don't know that to be true.  No issues with either - the SERT has been in for two years and the PClll has been in for six years.

Chris
2003 Special Edition Firefighter Road King
2005 Cherry Screamin Eagle Electra Glide

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 06:01:09 PM »

Ok guys i have a 04 SSEG,got it back in February, the only thing that has been done to it is the stage one and has Rienhart true duals, the local dyno guy says to go with a Power Commander, i have heard and read about the SERT...which one should i go with??? i would like a programable one for future upgrades....cams etc, the bike has 2400 miles on it and it seems to be running a little rich..have not checked the plugs and its not popping or anything..just smells rich if you know what i mean..this is the 1st SE i have had the rest have been 88 and 96 so i dont know if this 103 is supposed to be like that, sorry for the long post and thanks in advance to everyone's input

If the exhaust smells rich and it has true duals, it may have already been tuned with a SERT.  Can you ask the original owner? Or dealership that sold or serviced the bike? They don't come rich from the factory and if the air cleaner was changed with the pipes, it would be running very lean without any tuning and reprogramming.  Even the canned stage 1 HD downloads would be lean, I believe.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:19:18 AM »

Before spending any money I would have the bike checked to see if it has a program in it already. If it's already rich something is going on or it was retuned already and it setup rich.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

twinrider

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 01:29:51 AM »

I had a PCV and could never dial out the pinging completely, despite using maps made by from a highly respected tuner.

After doing a lot of research and asking a lot of questions I got a TTS Mastertune, which most tuners say is more capable than the SE Super Pro Tuner, and my dealer was with little effort able to set up my bike so it runs fantastic. It's also nice not having to have another electronic box under the seat.

'09 FLHR: SE 103 kit, TTS tune, '09 CVO mufflers and a bunch of other stuff ;-)

worshipduder

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 09:25:49 AM »

TTS baby!
2010 FLXHSE Candy Concord
V&H Power Duals
V&H Hi-Output Slip-ons
TTS Mastertune
Feuling Reaper 574 Camchest Kit
Feuling Oil Pump
Dyno'd at 116 HP & 118 TQ
C&C Flame Stitched Seat
Wild 1 Chubby 575s
PM Contour Touring Mirrors
J&M 7.25 Speakers & 250 Watt Amp
Hogtunes Hogpod
Riders Claw
HD Contoured Heated Hand Grips
Wicked Image Flame Shift Linkage
Klock Werks Flare 8.5
HD Electra-Glo™ Light Pod Kit
Kury License Plate

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 20 queries.