Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: SESG...would you do it again? POLL  (Read 9907 times)

DOC.COFFIN

• Senior CVO Member
  • Transplanted from San Diego To Napoli

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 CVO DARK SLATE / BLACK DIAMOND
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 CVO BLACK DIAMOND & CRIMSON
    • CVO3: 2008 FLHR VIVID BLACK
Re: SESG...would you do it again? POLL
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2011, 05:36:15 AM »

Let me start by saying that I loved my 08 FLHR, despite that it was for the most part a one-year bike. She had all the chrome, a sweet stage 1, and I pimped her out for 37.5K miles in the 14months of the two years that I owned her (was deployed for the other ten months). However, when I saw the 11 FLHXSE2...I knew I had to have it! On a weekend trip up to Santa Barbara from San Diego, we got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic on the 405, so I shot over four lanes to catch an exit and pee. While looking for a restroom, we rolled past Bartel's HD in Marina Del Ray and whipped a U-Turn to stop there. Before you know I was drooling over one of the first in SoCal, fresh out of the crate, prepped, and just waitin for me. Got $2K less than I paid for the RK and paid MSRP for the new CVO. Downloaded the old, uploaded the new, and I've never looked back. Turned well over 1K miles that first weekend, completing the break-in. Did the stage 1 per reccommendations from this site (Fullsac X-pipe, 4" RH slip-ons, SERT, DYNO, etc) and couldn't be happier. When I left for deployment in late October, I had already put close to 7K miles on my new CVO in just at 2 months...so yes, I love this bike. Before leaving, my lady and I rode from SD to Seattle and back along the coast...we couldn't have asked for better weather or a better ride to do it on...so yes, I would without a doubt do it all over again.
"War is an ugly, messy, bloody business. No one welcomes the task of waging it. And yet the task is ours. Neither pity us nor praise us. Stand by us." ~Admiral Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff

Harley Guy 5

• Full CVO Member
  • Hard Work will get you everything
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2011, 11:49:49 PM »

:) :) I pickup a 2009 UCEG put a few goodies on it and about 23000 miles  in 14 months, but when this 2011 flhtcuse6 came out with this paint it was like HD made this bike just for me it was everything i was looking for, the  dealer I deal with most of the time said he would hold the first one he got for me, but some how i never got the call that it was in. So i had to wait untill a few other dealers got thiers in.
With winter here and I just got the bike I have to wait, but the little that i have got to ride it 125 miles this bike IS VERY NICE, this take me back when you were 16 years old and getting you first set of wheels

Have you seen anything nicer???? :) :pepper:
2011 FLHTCUSE6
Do I Need To Say More
Aspen Classic Camp Trailer
Bushtec Turbo II
Looking Forward To Counting the White Lines

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2011, 09:37:32 AM »

89% positive feedback.  I wouldn't expect it to be any higher. :nixweiss:  The large majority are happy with their new CVOs. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Montanakid

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2011, 11:00:16 PM »

Had a 03 Fatboy until Lady not payin attention pulled out in front of me and T boned her car. I'm now alergic to Mazda Miatas oh well within 2 months local dealer had a 2010 Blue SESG and I said if they could find me a a brown one I'd buy it. So here we are 10 k miles later and could'nt be happier, handles like a wet dream and scary fast. Would definately  do it again.
S&S T 124 LC Engine
D&D Borzilla Eghaust
Horsepower Inc Throttle Assembly
Hawg Wired 6 Pack System
Progressive Monotubes Front
Progressive 440's Rear

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2011, 11:59:58 PM »

My 2011 S.G. is the 5th H.D I have owned and without question also the best, not because its a C.V.O either. Some tend to complain  but if you have a  H.D touring bike 2009 or newer they are miles apart from earlier models. I originally owned a  2008 Ultra CVO that I  traded in for a 2011 103 S.G.
         I was so blown away by the difference that I traded my almost new 2011 103 Street Glide back in for the new 2011 S.G. C.VO. model because my thoughts were that this is finally the bike that has everything for me , handling, height,stock seat comfort, sound system,looks etc and after 5000miles of hard running I am still stoked about it. So anyone who is waiting around for a new CVO let me tell you imho you will be really happy.
Hey ultra,
I read you ended up getting the Krypto and Inferno because you couldn't decide at the time, is this true?
Well I have the same issue, can't decide which one Krypto or Inferno.  :-\
Seen the Krypto in the sun but have not seen the inferno in the sun.

What does the Inferno colour and Silver look like in the sun. Has it got a light, medium or heavy metalic look?

Now only to decide, Inferno or Krypto, either way I know its going to be fantastic.
What made you swing to the Inferno?
To give you an idea what I see for the Krypto it has a medium metalic look, how does Inferno compair to Krypto?

My way of thinking to decide is,

*Inferno, looks the goods with the chrome and colour, (I like my chrome) only a bit concerned about all the black, maintanence! never owned a black bike.
I'm thinking of changing the tank dash to chrome (same as Krypto look) plus a few minor things like chrome mirror covers, chrome rocker bolt covers etc, nothing to drastick.

*Krypto, looks great in the sun and the colours have a nice metalic, bottom is a bit blacked out and would concidure putting a chrome kit to the engine (primary, clutch cover, rocker covers, timing cover, air cleaner etc).
This would be the first CVO with a black engine I know of, maybe they are going away from the traditional CVO motor colour!

Now only to decide.
What made you swing to the inferno?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 12:08:35 AM by assie »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2011, 12:03:46 AM »

:jack: :jack:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »

:jack: :jack:
Please explain what thread jacked means, new to forum.

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2011, 10:25:57 AM »

I had a 2000 RG that I loved, decided I needed a new chassis bike so I bought a plain Black Pearl RG. Dumped $10-$15K into it, everybody thought it was nice, just did nothing for me. Sold it shortly after finishing it and bought a O/B SESG. I LOVE THIS BIKE!!! It is like I started riding all over again, find my self in the garage just looking at it. She is freaking beautiful, handles awesome, stands out in a croud, and runs pretty darn strong for only having exhaust and a tune. Not only would I do it again, I really can't see ever buying a non CVO again. If you are somebody like me and dump a ton of money into your bikes, you are way better off starting with a CVO.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2011, 10:34:54 AM »

Please explain what thread jacked means, new to forum.

I did that out of twisted humor. 

But, to answer your question, thread jacked means when somebody comes along in a thread like this one and doesn't stay on topic (Would you do it again?) but instead takes the thread a whole new direction.

In this case, no big thing since the question is just one of generalization and not looking for specific information.

West Coast GTG   

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2011, 10:37:59 AM »

Or when the topic is "would you do it again" and people start talking about...... jacking a thread instead of the topic  ;D  ;D that is also  :jack:

Sorry, couldn't pass it up

BONES - USMVMC

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide Tequila Sunrise
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2011, 09:53:29 PM »

Having Sportsters and Super Glides prior to my 2010 SESG TS I must say it is the best money I have ever spent. Nothing I have ever road before compares to it. I would do it again in a New York minute. My expectations are this is my last HD at the age of 53. I look forward to getting many years out of this one.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2011, 10:36:24 PM »

Or when the topic is "would you do it again" and people start talking about...... jacking a thread instead of the topic  ;D  ;D that is also  :jack:

Sorry, couldn't pass it up

Yep......he's right and I walked into that one......just like he thread jacked with this post. :huepfenlol2:  So, I'll keep it on topic by saying................."YES, I'd do it again!" :bananarock:

West Coast GTG   

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2011, 08:46:58 AM »

One update here...400 miles on the Ultra and I do not really care for riding in the city where there is constant stop and go. The Ultra really shines when able to keep rolling. I have learned if I had to go down to one bike....it would be the Street Glide! I would definately do it again!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 08:49:03 AM by Racerdj »
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

harleymark

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2011, 04:36:26 PM »

I cant believe what an incredible ride i now own 1200 kms and i still havent got a speeding ticket !
My 99 FATBOY was nice but my 2011 Orange STREETGLIDE is the BOMB come on sunshine ! :bananarock:

vettmann

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 Black Diamond/Crimson
    • CVO2: 2012 Hot Citrus/Gunstock
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2011, 06:25:06 PM »

would absolutly do it again. I love this machine.  :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 24 queries.