Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Any Street Glide Owners who Wished they Purchased the Ultra CVO?  (Read 5849 times)

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE

I'm going to ask the reverse in the Ultra section.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 01:32:40 PM by Racerdj »
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

Re: Any Street Glide Owners who Wished they Purchased the Ultra CVO?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 01:32:22 PM »

I have decided to stay with the Street Glide Tequilia Sunrise deal. How did you know for sure which one to go with?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 02:17:56 PM »

Great question!  I'll be surprised if one person says they'd have rather got a SEUC.

A little history......the 04 and 05 SEEG (Screamin Eagle Street Glide) was sort of a stripped down version of the ultra classic and the first CVO that got as much attention as the SEEG did.  This board came alive in 04 and 05.  

The 04 SEEG (like my old bike) came with full fairing, leg fairings, chrome saddle bag rails removed to show the paint scheme, trim stripped from front and back fenders and lowered.  In 05 the only difference was a chopped tour pack.  They also had the best paint scheme of any CVO (in my mind, that still stands true)......the MoCo has not been able to produce another paint scheme that got that much attention.  But they only made it for two years.

As a result of the SEEG, the MoCo saw the demand for a stripped down, lowered bagger and they came out with the Street Glide in 06.  The rest is history.

My guess.....and it's just a guess......they'll make the SESG at least one more year.  Then they'll come back with the SEEG because it was their biggest hit.

Forgot to answer your question......"how did I know which one to go with?".  I've had several Ultra Classics in the past....nice bikes for what they are.  And I had the SEEG for more than five years.  For the look, style, kind of riding I do, the SESG was the bike without question.  Basically, I took a SESG and made a SEEG (added quick release tour pack and leg fairings) out of it.  The tour pack is only for my trips.  The Corbin Touring p-pad is for those rare times when she's not able to ride her bike (like when it's in the shop or when she broke her wrist).....otherwise, I'm riding in the solo profile....comfort and looks. :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:25:01 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 02:44:22 PM »

Great and instructive reply JCZ! Your posts help educate me with needed history and I'm appreciative. I wouldn't have expected any different. After soul searching,coming back to the way I was floored when I was my first Tequilia Sunrise, I had to keep on course. Like she said it's my bike!.....replacment of the King........CVO Ultra?

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 02:55:53 PM »

I'm glad you've made up your mind and in the end I have no doubt you'll be as convinced as the rest of the SESG owners that you got exactly what you wanted :2vrolijk_21:

I've ridden a street glide and an ultra of the 08 model year variety back to back in the same day with my father when we were switching back and forth to test what we both thought about each bike.  Although in that case neither was a CVO nor this current model year I believe you would find the results the same.  The ultra will provide a more comfortable relaxed ride and the Street Glide will provide more aggressive handling, while still providing a long ride capacity, but not in the same way the ultra will.

The wheel tire combination on the two 2010 CVO bikes are different and so is the suspension.  These items make a big difference in how the bikes handle compared to one another.  These items could be changed in order to mimic the other bike if you wished, just as you can add or change your windshield, add lowers and TourPak.

I Had no doubt that I wanted the SESG for all the features that the standard street glide offers, but better.  I'm able to make changes incrementally with the bike in order to make up for what wasn't offered on the SG vs. the Ultra.

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 04:11:38 PM »

be as convinced as the rest of the SESG owners that you got exactly what you wanted :2vrolijk_21:
Exactly!

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 04:34:04 PM »

In the end, I think the best bike for someone should always come down to the type of riding they do.  As my riding has changed over the years, so have my bikes.  From a Dyna Low Rider, to a heritage, then a Street Glide and now the SESG.  I've found a comfort level of the right bike for my riding style, and it's taken me a while to do it. 

I'm sure in the future at some point it may change again, although as JCZ points out, I think the SESG is the most versitile bike in the HD line up.
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 05:07:12 PM »

You cant go wrong with mimicing where JC has been! The SESG is a better around town bike and with add ons (Tour Pak) a very capable touring bike.  :2vrolijk_21:

You'll be very happy with it!
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 04:29:58 PM by Wheelsnkeels »
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 08:35:31 PM »

i say you should get the seuc  if your mostley 2 up few more creature comforts and sounds like you really like the color, the recipe is here to make it like sesg there is no wrong decision win win
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

pleezinme

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 09:39:15 PM »

I owned an 08 Ultra Screaming Eagle. Had it upgraded to a whopping 130 HP and 127 FT/LB it was a mind altering experience. How ever, it got to be too big after awhile to just joy ride it. When I saw the the new CVO Street Glide and the Conord Blue I sold my Ultra and bought the new Glide. No regrets. I love this bike. Big enough for long rides cool enough for the city and just right for an afternoon jaunt to the local pub. I plan on keeping it for a long time.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 11:55:47 PM »

Both CVO's have their unique riding characteristics.  I have one of each.  I have the SEUC for two-up long-haul riding with the better half and me and the SESG is my "me" bike.   I pretty much ride it all the time unless momma wants to go for a ride then we take the SEUC.  I've loved the Street Glide since it came out in '06 and bought a standard SG in 08, only to quickly sell it and get my SESG when they came out this year.  I wouldn't have it any other way, the SESG is a sweet machine...

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

sugarbear20

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 12:07:35 AM »

since 04 I have had 2 road kings, 2 ultras and now the 2010 SESG. The ultras were rough on a bad knee and the road kings were great bikes but the SESG is a good middle of the road, lighter and great handler plus all the amenities. I wouldn't go back
I dont' think you heard what I thought I said
2010 SESG
candy concord
WOW

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 07:55:23 AM »

How did the Ultra affect your bad knee's?

sugarbear20

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 09:14:45 AM »

How did the Ultra affect your bad knee's?

weight getting off the stand mostly
I dont' think you heard what I thought I said
2010 SESG
candy concord
WOW

Georgehjr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE CVO™ Road Glide® Ultra-Rio Red/Black/ Ember-Triked Out
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic #1408/Triked Out
    • CVO3: 2010 FLHXSE TEQUILA SUNRISE/Not A CVO-2002 Heritage Softail---
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2010, 09:21:21 AM »

Both CVO's have their unique riding characteristics.  I have one of each.  I have the SEUC for two-up long-haul riding with the better half and me and the SESG is my "me" bike.   I pretty much ride it all the time unless momma wants to go for a ride then we take the SEUC.  I've loved the Street Glide since it came out in '06 and bought a standard SG in 08, only to quickly sell it and get my SESG when they came out this year.  I wouldn't have it any other way, the SESG is a sweet machine...

:devil:

:2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 05:41:47 PM by Georgehjr »
The one with the most Toys , WINS !!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.369 seconds with 20 queries.