Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Author Topic: It's all about Doc's Performance Tuning  (Read 41553 times)

O4SEGlide

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: It's all about Doc's Performance Tuning
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2010, 09:13:24 AM »

09 CVO Road Glide with 96" catless header, 2.0" Fullsac Baffles, TR625 Cams,SERT and tuned @ TMANN''s with 107hp and 112.69 torque. No head work. Are these good numbers?

O4SEGlide

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2010, 09:44:35 AM »

Sorry but I meant to ask in my previous post what you guys think I would increase in #'s if the bike had a different header/pipe setup? What % gain could I expect if I had a 2 into 1? Thanks

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2010, 09:51:06 AM »

Looks good to me. Can you post a pic of the print out?

Sea Biscuit

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2010, 10:07:31 AM »

Jesse,

Thanks for the write up...lots of good info!

However, just curious as to why you would get rid of the X-pipe...is the thinking behind this that due to the inside diameter of the Fullsac at the exhaust port being approximately 1.5 inches that this "may" restrict future performance upgrades should one considers headwork and cams in the future?

Inquiring minds want to know! :)

O4SEGlide

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2010, 01:31:12 PM »

Have no way to post the chart. I will say that the tq range above 100 comes in @ 2650 and stays above 100 until 5200. This is what sold me on the T-Man cams.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2010, 04:51:36 PM »

Look at the top right corner of the graph and tell us what correction factor says.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2010, 05:07:28 PM »

Look at the top right corner of the graph and tell us what correction factor says.
Doc

Doc

Can you explain to everyone about the correction factor numbers and what they mean?

CF: STD Smoothing: 5, or 3 or  :nixweiss:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2010, 07:44:07 PM »

Doc

Can you explain to everyone about the correction factor numbers and what they mean?

CF: STD Smoothing: 5, or 3 or  :nixweiss:

SBB

Correction Factors are atmospheric conditions that horsepower is rated at. We use SAE in America which stands for Society of Automotive Engineers and they say the perfect atmospheric conditions are 29.23'' mercury, dry air (no humidity), and 77 degrees. At this correction factor we can run a bike in Denver and get the same HP if we ran that bike in Miami or any where in the world for that matter.....the computer rates the air at the SAE correction no matter if it is raining, high humidity, or 100 degrees in the dyno room. STD correction factor says the perfect atmospheric conditions are 29.73, dry air, and 60 degrees, so as you can see the STD correction rates HP at a cooler temp, closer to sea level than the SAE correction. The cooler air and denser air will produce more HP so STD usually is 4% higher numbers than SAE correction factor. There are several correction factors all over the world.....Germany has their own CF called DIN, Japan has their own, Europe has their own and so on and so on. The USA seems to use the SAE and the STD so that's why I want to know what the correction factor is when people say what there numbers are....if STD is 4% higher then a 100 hp motor will put out 104 hp by a click of the mouse. The smoothing smooths out the graph....the scales is from 1 to 5 and 5 being the smoothest. If you have a graph with the tq and hp line set at smoothing 1 the graph will get real zagged and the peaks of the zags will make hp and tq much higher than it would be if the smoothing on #5. These things make a BIG difference in the hp/tq read outs with just fudging with a few things in the winPEP 7 software and if you didn't know to look for these things you can be very deceived.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

O4SEGlide

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2010, 08:18:02 PM »

The chart shows SAE Smoothing 5. If you haven't check out TMann and his componets please take the time to do so.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2010, 08:18:49 PM »

Correction Factors are atmospheric conditions that horsepower is rated at. We use SAE in America which stands for Society of Automotive Engineers and they say the perfect atmospheric conditions are 29.23'' mercury, dry air (no humidity), and 77 degrees. At this correction factor we can run a bike in Denver and get the same HP if we ran that bike in Miami or any where in the world for that matter.....the computer rates the air at the SAE correction no matter if it is raining, high humidity, or 100 degrees in the dyno room. STD correction factor says the perfect atmospheric conditions are 29.73, dry air, and 60 degrees, so as you can see the STD correction rates HP at a cooler temp, closer to sea level than the SAE correction. The cooler air and denser air will produce more HP so STD usually is 4% higher numbers than SAE correction factor. There are several correction factors all over the world.....Germany has their own CF called DIN, Japan has their own, Europe has their own and so on and so on. The USA seems to use the SAE and the STD so that's why I want to know what the correction factor is when people say what there numbers are....if STD is 4% higher then a 100 hp motor will put out 104 hp by a click of the mouse. The smoothing smooths out the graph....the scales is from 1 to 5 and 5 being the smoothest. If you have a graph with the tq and hp line set at smoothing 1 the graph will get real zagged and the peaks of the zags will make hp and tq much higher than it would be if the smoothing on #5. These things make a BIG difference in the hp/tq read outs with just fudging with a few things in the winPEP 7 software and if you didn't know to look for these things you can be very deceived.
Doc

Thank you sir!

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2010, 10:28:31 PM »

The chart shows SAE Smoothing 5. If you haven't check out Man and his components please take the time to do so.

I am very familiar with T-Man's products and work....just wanted to see your graph or know what your CF was....thanks.
Doc's Performance Tuning

O4SEGlide

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2010, 06:55:10 AM »

No problem. T-Man actually mentioned a different header/pipe setup would have probably yielded even better numbers but probably not worth the extra expense. Thanks

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2010, 08:03:48 AM »

No problem. T-Man actually mentioned a different header/pipe setup would have probably yielded even better numbers but probably not worth the extra expense. Thanks
I'm sure he is right on the header comment. My aurgument here is the heads don't allow these cams to breath, even though you broke 100 hp your tq is still way below what a good flowing head can produce. You have more hp than Jessie however your cam is WAY larger that Jessie's but you tq is the same as Jessie's and this is my point. I have 103'' packages that run 120/122, 107'' packages that run 125/128, 95'' packages that get 105/115, and a 113'' that yeilds 125/135....so for a 110'' only getting up to 112 tq the heads are not flowing enough air through the motor in my opinion.
Doc
Doc's Performance Tuning

O4SEGlide

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2010, 08:38:23 AM »

Really thinking about having the heads done this fall and then maybe changing out the header. What header seems to be producung the best results Doc? Thanks

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2010, 09:30:27 AM »

Doc, PM sent.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.