Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Author Topic: Question for you Trailer Pullers  (Read 12307 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Question for you Trailer Pullers
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2010, 08:51:38 PM »

Great to read you made a choice you sound so pleased with.  They are nice looking rigs.  Think of all the stuff she can buy on road trips now.

Wife and I went to a local "home show" today. I told her that the trailer needed "fixing" and we couldn't take it.
Long story short: She didn't buy all the "crap" they sell at these shows because we didn't have room to pack it on the bike!
When we do the long rides, it's full of our gear, still no room to pick up stuff on the trip other than post cards!
 :2vrolijk_21:
HOGMIKE

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2010, 08:55:54 PM »

The decision is done and money half gone. I ordered an American Legend - Legend with CVO color match (Hot Citrus & Burnt Amber). I'm planning to ride out to pick it up in about 6 weeks. Bob Darling was very helpful and patient. If you're interested in a quality trailer to match your CVO, check out their web site:  http://www.american-legend.com/links.aspx  This is a case of getting what you pay for, so be prepared for sticker shock. Matching the current CVO bikes is a labor intensive process. Thanks for the input from you guys.

Congratulations on a great choice of trailers, now you don't even have to drive the car to the grocery store.  Allows more ride time and the ability to haul your goodies.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 11:56:04 AM by Chains »
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Raza51

• Full CVO Member
  • Ready to Roll

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2010, 10:01:27 PM »

The decision is done and money half gone. I ordered an American Legend - Legend with CVO color match (Hot Citrus & Burnt Amber). I'm planning to ride out to pick it up in about 6 weeks. Bob Darling was very helpful and patient. If you're interested in a quality trailer to match your CVO, check out their web site:  http://www.american-legend.com/links.aspx  This is a case of getting what you pay for, so be prepared for sticker shock. Matching the current CVO bikes is a labor intensive process. Thanks for the input from you guys.

I had trouble finding a trailer plug for my 2010SESG and Bob D came thru for me.  We went to his place and he gave us the tour....excellent people....
Chico
2012 Convertible
2009 Timeout Easy Camper
2008 Dodge 2500 Cummins
2009 FS2300 Weekend Warrior
Harleys come in many colors, mine is Red, White and Blue!

indcoltz

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2010, 02:53:09 PM »

For me AMERICAN LEGEND is the only way to go. Yes it's expensive. Mine retailed for 7,200,00. This was for a custom CVO 2008 SEUC. They did an excellent job. That included having the hitch painted to match. Plug and play wiring harness, everything optional. Found a blisted in the paint 4 months later, called Mr. Darling and he had another one for me in 4 weeks with no questions asked. I have pulled the trailer up to speeds of 90 mph with no problems. I could have purchased a basic black one for under 3000.00 but I wanted one to match the bike. This is just my opinion for what it's worth.

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2010, 03:19:20 PM »

For me AMERICAN LEGEND is the only way to go. Yes it's expensive. Mine retailed for 7,200,00. This was for a custom CVO 2008 SEUC. They did an excellent job. That included having the hitch painted to match. Plug and play wiring harness, everything optional. Found a blisted in the paint 4 months later, called Mr. Darling and he had another one for me in 4 weeks with no questions asked. I have pulled the trailer up to speeds of 90 mph with no problems. I could have purchased a basic black one for under 3000.00 but I wanted one to match the bike. This is just my opinion for what it's worth.

I agree with your choice of trailer.  However, I have one simply question...

Sooooo, where are the pics of this beautiful trailer?  :nixweiss:

:worthless:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 03:20:54 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Musclehead

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2010, 07:16:30 PM »

If you are interested in what American Legends can do to match their trailer to your CVO, check out this link. They've just added pictures of the legend in hot citrus & burnt amber. One of you on here will be able to say "Hey, that's mine." Looks like a great piece of work. I pick mine up in early June.

http://www.american-legend.com/links.aspx

Musclehead

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2010, 09:18:50 PM »

Picked the trailer up last Friday. Excellent job by American Legends - the paint is a perfect match, the hitch was painted to match, hitch and wiring installation was very prompt. If not for me asking questions and looking around their shop, I'd have been in and out in less than an hour. My experience pulling the trailer the 750 miles back to Charlotte exceeded my expectations. I couldn't tell it was behind me - tracks perfectly and no jumping around even on rough spots. Obviously, I'm a pleased customer.

Musclehead

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »

Here's another picture.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2010, 09:42:07 PM »

Looks great!  You're correct .. :2vrolijk_21:.. they did do a good job on the painting.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2010, 10:01:47 PM »

Picked the trailer up last Friday. Excellent job by American Legends - the paint is a perfect match, the hitch was painted to match, hitch and wiring installation was very prompt. If not for me asking questions and looking around their shop, I'd have been in and out in less than an hour. My experience pulling the trailer the 750 miles back to Charlotte exceeded my expectations. I couldn't tell it was behind me - tracks perfectly and no jumping around even on rough spots. Obviously, I'm a pleased customer.

That looks nice!  And huge!  How many cubic feet of storage?
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2010, 08:24:46 AM »

Wonderful, wonderful. Be proud of it.
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2010, 12:39:26 PM »

If you guys get time, look at the new Bushtec website. They have a SERG w/trailer on the home page.
The "TAZMUN"

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2010, 04:51:37 PM »

Looks great MuscleHead-makes my ole black Bushtec behind my citrus bad.  (I know, nothing money wouldn't fix).   :cherry:

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2010, 07:49:29 PM »

The Bushtec looks good with the SERG on their site... Just not as good as the American Legend, IMHO.

Awesome looking rig Musclehead!  :2vrolijk_21:

I think I've already mentioned that, but it's worth mentioning again.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:51:57 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Musclehead

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2010, 05:44:08 AM »

That looks nice!  And huge!  How many cubic feet of storage?

Trailer has 22 cubic feet of storage counting the 2 hidden compartments in the bottom. American Legends web site has all the specifics if you are interested in more details.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.