Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Noisy Lifters  (Read 9901 times)

HmanTJ

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4
Re: Noisy Lifters
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2010, 09:57:34 PM »

SBB,

Looks like you need four times the luck I need. You're the one who owns or has owned four SEs. Either that or you are an extremely slow learner! Would I be guessing correctly in that you had no knowledge of how Harley treats their customers prior to that second purchase??? I could understand your lack of knowledge with the first one. But, you have obviously purchased more than one. If you're so unhappy with your Harleys, sell them. Quick! Then go buy you something you'll be happy with! Send a message to Harley that you're tired of their crap and you are not going to tolerate it any longer. It seems that many people on these sites seem to thrive on the so called misery that Harley Davidson is inflicting upon them and their mission is to do everything they can to make everyone else just as miserable. And to make it worse, shame on any of us who feel they have had a good experience. It looks like there is a quick and simple solution. Sell, sell, sell, sell all of them!!!

To Occam - I do wish you the BEST of luck with your issues!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2010, 11:37:31 PM »

It seems that many people on these sites seem to thrive on the so called misery that Harley Davidson is inflicting upon them

Don't confuse some nascent masochism with quite objectively chosen self-reliance by some method or another.  In Chip's case while Mother Harley itself might not have supported a problem as one (reasonably) would assume they should have he has the benefit of an excellent dealer relationship.  So even though one might think it reasonable to expect manufacturer support he has a Plan B when that support lacks. 

Others simply stay with known machines, make them their own and manage them on their own.  No expectation of nor reliance on a manufacturer.  One can be selfish enough to choose a platform they appreciate for their own reasons while still being objective enough to manage that platform despite sometimes woeful manufacturer support.

Occam

• Full CVO Member
  • Power On The Cheap

• CVO1: 2009 FXDFSE in black & fire quartz
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 12:00:40 AM »

Don't confuse some nascent masochism with quite objectively chosen self-reliance by some method or another.  In Chip's case while Mother Harley itself might not have supported a problem as one (reasonably) would assume they should have he has the benefit of an excellent dealer relationship.  So even though one might think it reasonable to expect manufacturer support he has a Plan B when that support lacks.  * To this end, I would bet quite a bit that Chip's garage looks and is outfitted quite a bit different than my own LOL *

Others simply stay with known machines, make them their own and manage them on their own.  No expectation of nor reliance on a manufacturer. * I tried this route when I got into and then over the whole Bagger thing; I supported my own '98 RK with an aftermarker 110 which replaced the dead 80 Evo. Totalled 94k+ and got sick of wrenching instead of riding. *  One can be selfish enough to choose a platform they appreciate for their own reasons while still being objective enough to manage that platform despite sometimes woeful manufacturer support. * Some like to wrench, I'd rather do all riding. To each their own, and more power to 'em *

I don't mean to thread jack  :jack:
I keep hearing (not just in here) about people with lifter issues.
One of my road dawgs had his RK in for 3.5 weeks before the "dealership" would agree the flat, disemboweled tappet with the roler off and floating around was the problem.
Gawd. So yes, there quite possibly an increase in crappet failures with the stock parts, not to mention the valve guides Don (Deweys) warns about.

donny666

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 08:48:31 AM »

I went from SE 20-50 oil to mobile 1 20-50 in the motor red line shock proof in the trans and red line in the prime went for a ride about 150 miles what a difference seem cooler and quieter. i'll never go back
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.