Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Bike Cover  (Read 9414 times)

dave29

• Full CVO Member
Re: Bike Cover
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »

Exigent makes a half cover also.

wreckman 42

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 09:06:31 PM »

Thanks .
I hate to admit but in a former life I owned a Wing. The antennas folded. That was nice for covering the bike. I am not fond a bending the HD antennas all the time. I think it tends to give them memory or maybe even bends them a bit. I guess I am left with cutting holes or taking them into the room. I have an older cover and I cut holes but didn't want to do that on a new cover.
1956 FL Panhead
2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade
2003 Heritage Softail
2009 SE Ultra Classic

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2010, 11:30:45 PM »

:huepfenjump3:

The oasis from HD has the cut outs for the antennea,

Mine is great.

:coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

CVORick

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 04:20:39 PM »

The HD Oasis also folds up right into it's own bag which is made into the cover, so you don't have to store the bag or worry about losing it.  Nice feature.
TTS Mastertune - Doc's Performance Tuning
Supertrapp 2:1 Supermeg
HD Bluetooth BOMM
Zumo 590LM with TPMS
Motolights with LEDs'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
LED Headlight & Driving Lights from HD

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 11:27:20 PM »

I tried the OASIS cover from H-D and could not get it to fit right. the emblem was way off center once I got the cover to fit. Maybe it is because I have an '06 SEUC w/ the leather tour pak but wow what a pain in the a$$ to get on.

That is why I am looking for a different one
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

wreckman 42

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 09:44:02 AM »

Wreckman42 , I am using the HD indoor/outdoor cover. It has a velcro flap to accomodate the antennas. It worked fine on vacation last year and kept my bike dry. It is on page 755 of the 2010 Accessories catalogue part no. 98722-90C $109.95.CAHDBIKER

I decided on this one a placed a order. I think the velcro flap is a good feature. Want to use it on vacation. I don't like to have an emblem on covers when I travel. Just me but I don't like to advertise to the potential thief.
1956 FL Panhead
2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade
2003 Heritage Softail
2009 SE Ultra Classic

SMSgt B

• Full CVO Member
    • FL
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010, 09:55:43 AM »

Did you guys get a CVO bike cover with your bike and if so, just curious why you are not using it?  I got one along with the saddlebag/tourpack luggage but I don't even plan to unpack them...

My first CVO so do you normally put this stuff up for safekeepings?

BUBBLEHEAD

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 FLTRXSE CVO Road Glide Bronze Armor
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2010, 10:01:40 AM »

The cover that comes with the bike is just a indoor cover. It's not really designed for serious protection from the elements.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010, 10:49:06 AM »

Did you guys get a CVO bike cover with your bike and if so, just curious why you are not using it?  I got one along with the saddlebag/tourpack luggage but I don't even plan to unpack them...

My first CVO so do you normally put this stuff up for safekeepings?
As was stated in the post above the CVO cover that came with the bike is indoor use only, and I'm using it and the saddlebag/tourpak liners (TP didn't come w/bike but I added it and purchased liner).

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Black Label Mark

• Full CVO Member
  • 2008 SE Ultra & 2003 FXDXT
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »

I use a half cover from Tour King while on the road.  Packs small, waterproof and covers all of the top half of the bike. Antennas are not an issue with this cover.

http://www.tourkingcovers.com/shop/

Captain Ken

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/ Hot Citrus
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 07:27:38 PM »

I use a California Car Cover Company motorcycle cover. It is light, packs up small into an included bag, fits great, and is perfect in my opinion. You must put the holes in the cover for the antennas, but it is simple; the cover comes with plastic grommets for the holes. The instructions are very good and thorough. Hope this helps.  Captain Ken

frankshd

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5-BLK 2010 452 of 999
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2010, 12:36:34 PM »

I tried the OASIS cover from H-D and could not get it to fit right. the emblem was way off center once I got the cover to fit. Maybe it is because I have an '06 SEUC w/ the leather tour pack but wow what a pain in the a$$ to get on.

That is why I am looking for a different one
just picked up one of the oasis cover its a nice piece but I'm w/ you it just did not fit right, so i got messing around w/ it  It seems its made for your bike when its in the lock position [turned to the left all the way like when your forks are locked and then it fits good and HD logo lines up good , Has anyone out there have this cover? am i right on this issue any feed back is welcome
D&D 2-1 a/c tts master tune corbin seat,

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2010, 01:26:03 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

KevinJ1001

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2010, 11:21:17 PM »

Believe it or not I found a cheap quick outdoor cover that packs very,very small from Wallmart of all places.  I was on a trip with a friend that had one and it worked well.  I wouldnt store a bike outside for an extended time with this cover but heck....who leaves a SE outside for extended periods...The XL cover was needed for the Ultra.  No holes for the antennas but nice cover all the same.  Just my 2 cents worth.  Ride Safe Everyone!!

CVORick

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 08:45:49 AM »

just picked up one of the oasis cover its a nice piece but I'm w/ you it just did not fit right, so i got messing around w/ it  It seems its made for your bike when its in the lock position [turned to the left all the way like when your forks are locked and then it fits good and HD logo lines up good , Has anyone out there have this cover? am i right on this issue any feed back is welcome
Yep, must have forks turned to left for good fit..  Also found it fits the tall standard Ultra windscreen better than the CVO.  You get a rain collection area on the CVO, but I am making a small rod to go on my seat to keep the cover raised to stop the rain collection.  Does not leak but collects a pool of water over the seat area.
TTS Mastertune - Doc's Performance Tuning
Supertrapp 2:1 Supermeg
HD Bluetooth BOMM
Zumo 590LM with TPMS
Motolights with LEDs'
Progressive 440HD Shocks & Monotube Fork cartridges
LED Headlight & Driving Lights from HD

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 24 queries.