Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: HID Lighting yes or no and who's  (Read 2847 times)

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
Re: HID Lighting yes or no and who's
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 08:45:25 PM »

as far as i know kury is a complete kit, and does not offer a dual bulb setup. they also include an adapter ring to push the bucket out from the faring to make room for everything

That's correct - It's is a complete kit and it's a single bulb system. There is a little bucket that blocks the lower range of the reflector while in LB mode, and when you hit the HB, it moves out of the way so you get the full pattern. The other nice thing about this set up is, on HB's you are still using a total of 35w, compared to my current set up of 90w. (35w LB HID + 55w H11) That added heardroom with other accessories, and heated clothing in the fall, is a nice little bonus.

Here's a video of the complete install that's like 4 minutes long:  http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ShowVideo/VideoID/8/IMID/32
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 09:52:49 PM »

Got Xetronics HID Hi and Lo from Jim in August 2008 have now 8K miles and zero problems-$390 and 1/2 hour to install and I can SEE!! Used all the stock hardware and switches. Jim had to talk the local wrench through the install other than that I am thrilled-so not sure what's changed-different manufacturer?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 04:42:59 PM by Capo »

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2010, 02:23:43 PM »

So since it's a single bulb and a different housing, that takes the Kury's out of the running.  I like the look of the dual bulb and would like to keep it.  I guess I'll give Jim a shout and see what he's got going.  As Don says, it definitely gives you nighttime driving abilities that the stock lights just don't do.  Even with the 886's in the spots, the HID's definitely add an extra margin out there.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

Capo

• Sicilian Moto Capo
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Yes it's fast and no you can't ride it!

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2-SOLD Begrudgingly!
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2010, 10:20:54 AM »

So since it's a single bulb and a different housing, that takes the Kury's out of the running.  I like the look of the dual bulb and would like to keep it.  I guess I'll give Jim a shout and see what he's got going.  As Don says, it definitely gives you nighttime driving abilities that the stock lights just don't do.  Even with the 886's in the spots, the HID's definitely add an extra margin out there.

Can't speak to the Kury's but I will say on the first night with the new HID-heading through the woods around 2100 in September in that near pitch blackness and following my buddy-he motions me alongside at a stop sign to piss and moan about my effin airplane lights that are blinding him through his mirrors!! :huepfenlol2:

I was at the time  :ROFLOL:

Rinehart True Duals
Rich's Custom seat
Zippers T-Max TBW
Stage 1
Wood TW-7H cam
SE Tapered push rods
Extronics HID digital H9 High/Low
Metzler 880's 10K + on the first rear
Howard's Horns
Chrome TP Hinges
JM Antennas
Clearview recurve
Arnott Air Suspension with QA1 shocks
Traxxion AK20's
True Trac
RJ's Original V-Twin Heat shields
WA plate - FLHTSE

Lea

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2010, 11:09:36 AM »

Can't speak to the Kury's but I will say on the first night with the new HID-heading through the woods around 2100 in September in that near pitch blackness and following my buddy-he motions me alongside at a stop sign to piss and moan about my effin airplane lights that are blinding him through his mirrors!! :huepfenlol2:

I was at the time  :ROFLOL:
Get used to it. My buddies always make me ride first, even during the day.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 20 queries.