Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: stock seat killing me.....any ideas  (Read 5028 times)

CVOryan

stock seat killing me.....any ideas
« on: June 03, 2010, 08:14:26 PM »

My stock seat with 18k on it is killing me.....I'm thinking about a Corbin Dual Tour....any other ideas or comments on Corbin or maybe your favorite seat ??

Ryan
Ride Safe
Ryan Dowell
08 CVO Ultra

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: stock seat killing me.....any ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 08:21:09 PM »

:cherry:

Didn't note what yr/model you are talking about.  I had a Corbin on my RK Classic and both my wife and I loved it.  Only setback is riding over 3 or more hours and (it's hard) and will numb your azz.

i rode the bike from N.C. to Milwaukee back in '03 for the Hd 100 Yr celebration......had to buy a gel pad to make the return trip.

Now,  I have an '09 SE Ultra.......Just sold the stock (heated seat) and am trying out the new Mustang seat.  So far, so good.  Much more comfortable than stock and also what my experience was with the Corbin.

2BWILD

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 08:34:34 PM »

I have a 09 SERG. Just got my Corbin Dual Tour w/back rest last Friday. Put about 600 miles on it over the weekend. So far I love it and they say they get better as they get broke in.
I'm leaving for the ROT Rally in Austin Texas Tuesday. I'm form Indiana so it will be a good test for the seat. My wife likes it also.
I looked at C&C seats and I think they look good and I've read some good comments about them but my experience with them wasn't very good. They became poor at communicating just prior to ordering my seat and that turned me off so I went with the Corbin. They were very responsive.
It isn't the coolest looking on my scooter but I will buy a more sporty seat for everyday riding. I bought this for long rides and I think it will do the trick.
I can't believe how poor the quality of the stock seat is. I'm on my 2nd stock seat due to the issue of it pulling away from the tank but it's as bad as the 1st one.
2BWILD

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 08:48:27 PM »

I have a Corbin Dual Tour on my 2010 Ultra. This is the 4th Corbin I have owned. Each time I get a new bike I seem to gravitate to the Corbin as a replacement. I had them make my latest without the rider backrest as the flaps they were making to cover the hole at the time were enormous (and I rarely use one).

We just returned from a trip to North Carolina and back. Rode 400 miles while there in the mountains. Put just over 1400 miles total and when we got home our butts were fine. My wife even commented on how the one thing about the Corbin is that it never hurts her bum. Mine neither.

I bought the passenger backrest but will not in the future as I just don't like the looks of it. I put the stock one back on just last night as my wife said she likes the shorter arms better. So save your money on that if you have a trunk. You can always get one later if you change your mind.

You can also have the seat covered by Corbin however you want it at no extra charge. I went with baby gator and a tad of ostrich in memory of my 07 CUSE (smurf).

faceracer

• Faceracer
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2019 FLHRXS Road Kind Special
    • KY

• CVO1: 2019 FLHRXS Road King Special (not a cvo)
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 02:38:56 PM »

I am running a Corbin dual tour on my 09 SERG and had one on my 07SG. I love them both. Be aware that even Corbin says it can take 2k miles to break them in. I have 12k on the 09serg and seat went on at less than 500 miles. I love it! I also use a sheepskin cover in the hotter months to cool my ars. It is much easier to get on if the bike sits in the sun a few hours. If you get caught in the rain a couple quick snaps and they are dry! I got them at Sturgis the first time for my low rider but you can go to there web site. www.alaskaleather.com 

Face
2019 FLHRXS Road King Special
2016 FLSS Softail Slim Special
2009 CVO Road Glide FLTRSE3
2007 Cobalt Blue FLHX
2001 Chrome Yellow & vivid Black FXDL
1985 Candy Red FXRS
1955 Triumph T110 Tiger chopper built by me!

lvse110se5

• Las Vegas Rick
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Ultra Classic
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 04:12:54 PM »

I at 8,000 on my 2010 stock seat and just returened from a 3800 mile 10 day round trip and was actually very comfortable. Up until this bike, I have run a Mustang seat and back for years and have always been very comfortable. I sure like the heat though on the stocker!

CVOryan

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 05:28:38 PM »

In my signature is the year and model.......I thought that was sufficient.....it's an 08 CVO Ultra with 28,000 miles

I am leaning toward the Corbin and keeping my stock pass-back pad as I don't need it most of the time. I had a Corbin on a previous motorcycle and it was great for long trips and I do need the heat feature as I have had minor lower back issue's, and the heat is very soothing to me. 

Thanks for the good tips !!!!!
Ryan Dowell
08 CVO Ultra

boerne free bird

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE
    • CVO3: 2003 FLHRSE
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 06:44:52 PM »

I've put Mustang saddles on almost every Harley I've owned - I 've never been disappointed. :)
live free and ride safe

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 09:31:03 PM »

I have a 09 SERG. Just got my Corbin Dual Tour w/back rest last Friday. Put about 600 miles on it over the weekend. So far I love it and they say they get better as they get broke in.
2BWILD
I live in Syracuse In and am considering that seat maybe we can meet somwhere? Very interested in your opinion after the ride?
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 12:51:04 AM »

I've put Mustang saddles on almost every Harley I've owned - I 've never been disappointed. :)

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Corbin isn't for everyone, and everyone's ass is different.  :beatdeadhorse: To me and many BSR's   :gorgeous: it's like riding on rocks and you know why Corbin has monkey butt cream as an accessory.  :huepfenjump3:
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

johno

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 1994 Electra Glide Classic
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2010, 01:54:25 AM »

I have been riding Mustang seat fro along time - got about65,000 on the one i have now.  Not cheap but they have a great guarantee and will shape it for you if required.  I haven't found a more comfortable seat. But then again everyone has their own taste, but I haven't heard one good thing about a harley stock seat from anyone I know.  :(

Tirpitz

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2014 Ultra Limited
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 02:53:08 AM »

Try Saddlemen Seat, the Road Sofa, and you can try it out for a few days and if you don't like it, send it back,  have on on my 08 Ultra Classic and the wife and I really like it.
Everyone crashes. Some get back on, Some don't, Some can't.
Respect the person who has seen the dark side of motorcycling and
lived, and still rides.

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 10:43:24 PM »

I have been riding Mustang seat fro along time - got about65,000 on the one i have now.  Not cheap but they have a great guarantee and will shape it for you if required.  I haven't found a more comfortable seat. But then again everyone has their own taste, but I haven't heard one good thing about a harley stock seat from anyone I know.  :(

They will re-shape it for you? I think that's only if you bought it directly from Mustang, because I called over there before I bought mine, and they told me if I bought from them and wasn't satisfied, they would let me return it.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

GtreetSlide

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 10:55:51 PM »

I put a new corbin seat on a bike and it was very comfortable after it got broken in. The problem I have with Corbins is they are very hard at first and it takes a very long time to break them in. the next time I needed a seat, I got a used Corbin off ebay. The add said well used with some stress cracks in the leather but no tears. Well, that was the most comfortable seat I ever had. I wanted to tell the seller Thanks for breakin in my seat...

I have never heard a complaint about Mustang, I will probably try them next seat I buy...

jb

Decano

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SEUC2
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 12:26:19 PM »

I put a new corbin seat on a bike and it was very comfortable after it got broken in. The problem I have with Corbins is they are very hard at first and it takes a very long time to break them in. the next time I needed a seat, I got a used Corbin off ebay. The add said well used with some stress cracks in the leather but no tears. Well, that was the most comfortable seat I ever had. I wanted to tell the seller Thanks for breakin in my seat...

I have never heard a complaint about Mustang, I will probably try them next seat I buy...

jb
I got mine from ebay too.  $1100 heated dual touring for $500 in perfect condition and included backrest.  Big, big savings. :cucumber:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 20 queries.