Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: 110 Engine Problems settlement with Harley  (Read 42619 times)

1manbluesband

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

Re: 110 Engine Problems settlement with Harley
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2017, 02:18:09 PM »

Glad I ran across this forum.  I've been thinking about buying a 2016 / 2017 / 2018 Harley with CVO engine.  So started doing some research for history of performance and ran across this forum. 
Is it possible that all of the past issues have now been resolved with this engine?  would it be better to avoid the CVO altogether?
When I bought my Dyna Wide Glide in 2000, I paid cash and tricked it out with lots of chrome, but about 1 year later, found out they had to replace the cam bearings...as they had done already to many many bikes around the US. I didn't like getting the engine opened up...however it was necessary.  Though they covered it under the warranty, it was a pain in the ass. It has run great ever since and still has under 19,000 miles.  But I am ready for something newer and more powerful. 

You insight would be appreciated. 

bad00serg

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Springer
    • CVO2: 2009 Springer
    • CVO3: 2020 Ultra Limited
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2017, 09:59:04 AM »

No one posts on the internet all of their good fortunes with their car/truck/cycle/whatever.  You will only read about the problems, and for each person that has problems, there are some large multiple of those who don't.  I wouldn't hesitate to get the CVO you want!

r0de_runr

• Elite CVO Member
  • Officer Scott Noller RIP, 01/04/1989 - 12/28/2017
    • TX

• CVO1: 2019 Ultra Limited 114
    • CVO2: 2022 Heritage 114
    • CVO3: SOLD: 2014 Ultra Limited; SOLD: 2012 CVO Street Glide, SOLD 2016 BMW
    • Wichitagreg
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 10:25:29 AM »

In my opinion, one must want the Harley enough to deal with all the issues the motor ahd things attached to the motor have.

The M8 seems to have an issue pumping tranny oil into the primary case.
Most all Big Twins have issues with lifters failing prematurely.
There have been many problems with the compensator.

But if you are one of those guys that does not modify his bike, takes his bike to the dealer for all work, and buys the ESP, you should be fine (but you may have a bike in the shop during peak riding seasons.)
Greg
formerly WichitaGreg
Lives in the TX Hill Country
AKA r0de_runr
Explore your VA Benefits:  http://1.usa.gov/1NPzKkM
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 20 queries.