Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Thoughts on Seats  (Read 3156 times)

jvc58dke

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Thoughts on Seats
« on: February 19, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

Ok...looking for advice here.  I just sold my 02 SERK and have a 2004 SEEG on the way.  On my RK I had an HD Rally Runner seat...looked great and put me in a good position..but the back seat passenger assured me that if sh is coming with me on the 3400 mile trip I have planned for this summer she will need a bit more support.  A good friend of mine has an 05 SEEG and HATES the stock seat.  

So...what seat do you guys reccommend that combines comfort AND will accomodate my 6'4" frame?  The "puffy" stock eglide seats shove me WAY too far forward and make the bike feel real small and uncomfortable.  The Rally Runner seat lets me sit back and I can move the tour pack back...but I really need to get her a seat with a bit more support.  Have thought about a Corbin solo with a touring style pillion (plus that gives me a backrest option) but hate to do a $800 "test" and can't find many on eBay....other thoughts on my options?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Thoughts on Seats
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 02:09:44 PM »

I'm 6'3" and considering the Tallboy
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

jvc58dke

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 02:53:15 PM »

I thought about that seat...but I think that the roadking/roadglide seats are what fit on the SEEG since it has the longer dash panel....

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 03:09:06 PM »

If you go to the H-D website and shop for your bike (2004 SEEG) this is one of the seats that are suggested. I can't confirm the fit, because I have yet to try it.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 03:38:03 PM »

To me, there's two kinds of seats. Corbin and everything else. I say that because a Corbin has a hard feel to it from 1 mile to 1,000 whereas a all other seats have varying degrees of firmness, but basically have a cushy feel. I have a Corbin two up touring seat system for my 03 SERK "Elvis" . I bought the bike used and the Corbin came with it. I will be the first to admit, I never, ever would have spent $1,000 on this set-up based on sitting on Corbin seats and riding very short distances on them. Hell I hated this one for the first couple hundred miles. Now, I cannot picture doing a cross country trip on anything else. I keep an H-D Badlander seat on the bike when it's stripped down and while it looks good, it flat out sucks after 50 miles. The stock 03 SERK seat is good for one day or 500 miles. The 2nd day of a coast to coast run on it,  it has worn out it's welcome. The Corbin is good for 50, 500 or 5,000 miles. Nothing else comes even remotely close. I don't know what else to say. I am in complete agreement with anyone who says " I sat on a Corbin and they are too hard " The only thing I can say is that that hard feeling morphs into a feeling that your butt is on something molded just for you and it never "squats" like soft cushy seats do. Call the Corbin folks and ask them if you buy one of their seats, ride it a couple of 500 mile days if they'll give you you rmoney back if you still think it's too hard and hate it. if I were them I'd agree to your request because in my book the odds are that after 1,000 miles you'd ask yourself. "why didn't I do this 10 years ago?"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2006, 04:06:14 PM »

Count me in as a happy Corbin user also.  Lots of long days on two prior Road Kings and then the current red SEEG.  Probably 150,000 total on those three Corbin seats.  When you first get it you'll think "this is ****ed, no ****ing way."  But in just a bit of time your ass will love you for it.  Especially if you're covering longer distances.

The stock 05 SEEG seat you mentioned has one interesting trait.  It wants to create scrotal cleavage; whether there should be any such thing or not.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2006, 04:10:16 PM »

To me, there's two kinds of seats. Corbin and everything else. Call the Corbin folks and ask them if you buy one of their seats, ride it a couple of 500 mile days if they'll give you you rmoney back if you still think it's too hard and hate it. if I were them I'd agree to your request because in my book the odds are that after 1,000 miles you'd ask yourself. "why didn't I do this 10 years ago?"
I agree completely with you SpiderMan.  My  Coast to Coast to Coast ride on a Corbin Solo on a Softtail and it served me well.....better than the stock seat on Ultra that my buddy was riding.....He's younger, harder, and pissed & moaned a bit.  So, that's your comparison in firm and cushy, right there.  But, I also think it depends on which model/style of Corbin you get....the actual shape of the seat pan makes more difference on the long rides than anything else.  JMHO.  8-) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2006, 04:26:06 PM »

Has anyone mentioned that Mustang has just come out w/ a new seat that looks like a very similar (copy) style of the '05 SEEG seat.....But it's a tad wider and cut away in the front neck area along the frame.  It should be the answer to a more comfortable seat yet keeping the looks of the SEEG seat.  I think Nite-Al's ordering one this weekend.  M & M is having a sale he said......anyone needing one might want to check out the President's Day Sale or whatever it is.  Gotta keep that 'butt' happy on those long rides!  ;) har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2006, 04:37:51 PM »

Ok...looking for advice here.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2006, 07:03:53 PM »

If you go to the H-D website and shop for your bike (2004 SEEG) this is one of the seats that are suggested. I can't confirm the fit, because I have yet to try it.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Fired00d, I bought the sunray heated seat for a roadking and it meets up nicely with tank panel. I see what you typed in on the H-D website and what they say will work but I still don't trust it. I believe a electraglide seat goes to far foward onto tank. JMHO.  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2006, 07:27:35 PM »

Fired00d, I bought the sunray heated seat for a roadking and it meets up nicely with tank panel. I see what you typed in on the H-D website and what they say will work but I still don't trust it. I believe a electraglide seat goes to far foward onto tank. JMHO.
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SneakyPete

• 1K CVO Member
  • AKA FGL
    • VA

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG O/B- RIP
    • CVO2: 2009 SERG3 O/B
    • CVO3: 2014 SERK6 O/B
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2006, 07:40:31 PM »

Ok...looking for advice here.
Member Hillbilly Rocket Riders MC, Virginia THE FASTEST CHAPTER!

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2006, 07:59:47 PM »

Regardless of what the impression you guys have of the Corbin seats, to me they are just hard and uncomfortable. I have two buddies who have them, they both are a couple years old and look totally worn out. The leather on both has worn thru, split and looks terrible. My HD Sundowner has more miles, has had the same care as theres and looks like new.
Don't understand why anyone wants to ride on a board, and Corbin feels like a molded board. HD seats are O.K., but like everything else, you need the one that is correct for you.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2006, 08:10:37 PM »

Hey DW6019, did you ever put that larger tire on your scoot?  Was wondering how that worked out.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] spyder

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2006, 08:23:54 PM »

Hey DW6019, did you ever put that larger tire on your scoot?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 24 queries.