Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: my experience with Zumo 665  (Read 2795 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
Re: my experience with Zumo 665
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 11:50:38 AM »

Thanks, Howie.  I texted that to Tommy in case he has any more trouble.

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 01:31:36 PM »

Thx everyone!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 01:43:12 PM »

Will this help??? From the 660 manual.

Holding the Power button for 8 seconds works when it freezes.  Mine froze on the Blue Ridge last week & this worked well.

Also, the battery gauge was not accurate at first - allowing it to fully discharge, then charge reset it.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 02:23:49 PM »

Any/All that may be interested if you find yourself on the road w/o the manual and have internet access you can find it online here - Zumo 665 Owners Manual in *.pdf format.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2010, 07:19:56 AM »

My 665 stopped powering off after first couple of uses. Suspect battery needed time to juice up even though 665 was on direct DC power.  :nixweiss:

The XM music will stop and I hit MUTE then UNMUTE and it plays.  :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

HOW DO I GET TWO HELMETS LISTENING TO 665 XM MUSIC SIMULTANEOUSLY? IDEALLY THROUGH BLUETOOTH????

I can link individual Bluetooth Helmets to 665 Bluetooth Audio and listen to 665 music through Bluetooth one Helmet at a time but not two Helmets simultaneously. (Appears 665 only allows for selecting one Audio device)  What (workaround logic) to do to get both helmets listening simultaneously???

Total Ideal scenario

Driver Cellular through 665
Passenger Cellular through Helmet Bluetooth
Driver to Passenger Comm (Using Bluetooth or recommend other method.)
Driver Helmet music using Bluetooth and Passenger Helmet music using Bluetooth simultaneously.

Dicked with this for a couple of hours to no avail.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 07:29:47 AM by D31960 »
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

cmecatchu2

• CVO1: 2009 Screaming Eagle Road Glide
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 10:36:27 AM »

I have the Zumo 665 and went on a long trip to Milwaukee-- It didnt start the powering off and freeze issue until 1400 miles on the trip and then it would do it every 30 minutes. I contacted Garmin and told them about it and they sent me a new one. I have had no problems (knock on wood and hopefully I just didn't jinx myself) since I received the new unit. My first unit would not recognize or download and install the firmware update-- new one did and no issues.

Like the unit so far-- Would love for XM signal to be better. It loses signal with a little bit of trees.

FYI do not buy another XM antenna for it unless you plan on paying for another subscription. I was very disappointed that unlike XM's portable units that can be taken from vehicle to house and work the Zumo itself does not have radio id it is contained in the XM 40 antenna.

Otherwise, I love the unit and the traffic and weather. It is well worth that subscription. Just my two cents
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.