Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: First ride done - need help with mods  (Read 2321 times)

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spiced Rum a.k.a Jack Sparrow
First ride done - need help with mods
« on: June 27, 2010, 09:44:55 AM »

I said goodbye to my one night stand (actually lasted a week) SEEG and made a decision to sell my chop.  Here's a pic of them basking in England's heat wave:

Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

Re: First ride done - need help with mods
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 09:48:03 AM »

Went to the dealer and then brought the new SESG home:

Spiced Rum 100% stock. just as it left the factory and that's what my good lady thinks too!

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »

I now need help.

I'm 6'5" and it's a little tight to pilot and I'd like to make a few changes to the stereo and headers.  I'm thinking of the following mods to help my dilemma:

Paul Yaffee 12.5" apes, control mounted mirrors.

C&C sport tour seat (Max is going to ride along too)

V&H Power Duals

J&M Speakers

Possible issues with the above:

1, Mirror holes need plugging or it's a repaint or PYO bagga chips in blk.  Any other ideas?

2, Waste of new braided cables etc and a deal of time to re-wire.  Are there other bars that would help without a full change of cables?

3, C&C - could i get away with a solo and passenger pad?  Will it be comfortable?

4, My cheesy grin being seen by Google Maps

Thanks for looking and for any responses.

Cheers

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 12:51:04 PM »

Vance and Hines Power Duals  :2vrolijk_21:
( you need to know what tuner you will use later? the 2010 pipes have 12mm bungs, Autotuners from Thundermax and Power Commander use 18mm so they require the 2009 pipe)

J&M speakers with 250 watt amp  :2vrolijk_21:

(this forum see vendors DR VTwin great discounted deal)

No help on the bars but a new Ultra fairing painted to match is a nice way to go and wont have the holes? If your changing those bars I've read  the lower inner fairing needs to come off in the process As long as your that far in may as well go all the way?

I think I'd buy one and have it painted before doing the bars, Then you can change them both together? Recoup some of the costs by reselling the Street Glide painted inner fairing? I've seen the posts of the Rum painted inner and they look awesome IMO  :2vrolijk_21:

Nice ride congrats
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:46:27 PM by Wheelsnkeels »
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 01:01:24 PM »

Mods sound good.  All mine are different, so i am of no help.  My exhaust is open cat and Boom Cans, SERT download.  Sounds great to me and not loud unless I want it to be.  (3K RPM and over).  Looking into a C & C seat myself, the same as Fungoul(username) put on his.
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 02:43:03 PM »

DABB - love the C&C fastback, but worry that passenger will give me ear ache, big time.  shame 'cause it looks stock, but cooler.  Will order the sport tour tomorrow :2vrolijk_21:

Wheelsnkeels - the dealer soft set-up a pair of Hi-Output pipes with a SERT. I'm new to HD tuning, I will ask what they have.   Amp / speakers are ordered :2vrolijk_21:

Regarding bars, I'd prefer not to move away too much from stock and my missus will have a kid if I order a painted inner fairing and bars and mirrors etc. 

Anyone have the Chubby 575's or recommend a half way house that will give me some more reach? 

Cheers

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 03:23:11 PM »

If your using the SERT autotune isnt an option so you are good with the 2010 Power Duals.

I run the Power Duals and Boom Cans just as DABB does very satisfied with the sound and performance.

Similar to you I try to prevent the squelling noise from the rear seat. The Solos have the "Cool Factor"
But I bought the Sundowner to keep peace. Going with the Corbin Dual Tour with dual heat by fall.

The C&C is Sport tour is very nice as well

Check out user JCZ mod's post he's done quite a bit and on their bikes they are using the Harley Touring bars 2" up and 2" back more info in his thread.

Here is a video of the bike right after the Power Duals were installed.

RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 03:33:31 PM »

Nice sound Wheelsnkeels.  Power duals are a must for me. 

Looks like three down and one to go. 

Where's the 575 boys and JCZ?  Will a half way bar make the difference I'm looking for?

Cheers

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 05:04:08 PM »

DABB - love the C&C fastback, but worry that passenger will give me ear ache, big time.  shame 'cause it looks stock, but cooler.  Will order the sport tour tomorrow :2vrolijk_21:

Wheelsnkeels - the dealer soft set-up a pair of Hi-Output pipes with a SERT. I'm new to HD tuning, I will ask what they have.   Amp / speakers are ordered :2vrolijk_21:

Regarding bars, I'd prefer not to move away too much from stock and my missus will have a kid if I order a painted inner fairing and bars and mirrors etc. 

Anyone have the Chubby 575's or recommend a half way house that will give me some more reach? 

Cheers
I just ordered the 575"s and will have them installed on the 13th if you can wait that long to hear back.
TJ

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 05:31:09 PM »

TJSTREETGLIDE.  Did you buy / choose the 575's for more reach or less? 

Funnily enough, I'm heading to Edmonton, Canada and my bike gets the makeover on the 13th - spooky

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 06:17:08 PM »

TJSTREETGLIDE.  Did you buy / choose the 575's for more reach or less? 

Funnily enough, I'm heading to Edmonton, Canada and my bike gets the makeover on the 13th - spooky
I'm 5'9" and need em a little closer and a little higher. They should be 2 AND 2. Handlebars are a crapshoot They may be the right length and the angle of the wrists wrong. I looked at the bars JZ has and I don't think the angle will be friendly. I actually got to try the 575 bar though not on the bike and I liked the angle of the wrists. Seemed a little straighter to me. Like I said crapshoot.
TJ

Maladjusted

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 06:19:39 PM »

Is that an Aston Martin in the background?
2010 FLHXSE Spicey Rum
Lots of stuff

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 08:40:48 PM »

Is that an Aston Martin in the background?

Looks like a Bently. :nixweiss:

I'm 6'4", go with a Corbin Classic Solo and pillion (it'll move you back a couple of inches) and the HD Touring pullbacks.  They're 2" up and 2" back and are chrome (the catalog and web site says polished stainless but they're chrome).

You can see all my mods here......   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.0

Worshipdudder and Wheelsnkeels has also done a lot of mods and they're different than mine.....take a look at there threads, too.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 12:00:46 AM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

lastdegree

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 02:58:23 AM »

Thanks guys.  I guess that the seat is all important.  I'd like not to change out the bars and wires etc and actually I like the wing placed mirrors.  Will see if I can expedite a Corbin.

Mal - Bentley Continental second off the production line and replaced a DB9 that was pant's IMO. Too small inside and all show, noise and plenty of return dealer visits - wouldn't have minded if they'd employed hot talent.  Bentley on the other hand is all it should be - and yes I remember a trade off in LV bags and Jimmy Choo shoes that started in 2007 and funnily has not stopped. :nixweiss:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 04:36:24 PM »

I think that with most of the 2" up 2" back bars, you don't need new wires or cables, etc.  At least we didn't with the HD Touring Pullbacks on Terrie's 09 Street Glide or my 10 SESG......Jim just rerouted them a bit.  And I believe he said the same applies to the 575s.

If you order your seat from Jim (hd-dude on this forum), you'll get a bit of a discount and he can get it done just like mine without any go back issues. :2vrolijk_21:  Can even get the blue flame stitching in the seat if you're going to get the seat heater put in.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:38:17 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 20 queries.