Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: Anyone lose a saddle bag while riding?  (Read 41955 times)

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
    • Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Re: Anyone lose a saddle bag while riding?
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2011, 09:36:52 AM »

Thanks, Brukus - wanted to get the KickShoe too.....but it isn't on the discounted list on this link....???????

That's because it's still at the discounted price since we launched it, along with the SeatSecure. When we move products to full retail, we put them on the forum discount. So right now everyone is buying it at a discount.
The Big Brukus   ~   Big + Ruckus = Brukus
Navy Vet

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2011, 09:51:19 AM »

Where did you get the center stand from?  I like it  :2vrolijk_21:

I LOVE it!  Get it lots of places, here's J&P:

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/702-431?utm_source=googleproducts&utm_medium=cse

REAL easy to get on stand because it keeps some weight on tires, simply put in gear, feet on floorboards, drive off.

Couple points though:   NEVER use it on anything but hard, FLAT, LEVEL surfaces.  Once I laid bike on left side because pavement wasn't level
I was holding it to right, stand forced it left toward slope and momentum took it over...no damage thankfully.  You need to kick it in place very slowly.

You need to know which one to get.  My SERG is lowered, so it takes a different one from the touring models that are not lowered.

Also great for oil changes, washing, lots of other stuff........

'09 CVO 'Screamin' Eagle' FLTRSE3 w/Rinehart slip-ons, WindSplitter shield
'97 FXDWG, Stage II, fully tricked-out, faster than my CVO

Patriot Guard Rider/Member For origin of "gatornapper", refer to July '65 Kosciusco County, Ind. court records, Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley evening news, & Indianapolis Star paper.

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2011, 10:01:04 AM »

That's because it's still at the discounted price since we launched it, along with the SeatSecure. When we move products to full retail, we put them on the forum discount. So right now everyone is buying it at a discount.

Thanks, Brukus - order in for both.  Saw that note on the page AFTER I asked the question.  Some of us are not the sharpest tool
in the shed.....  ;)

Patriot Guard Rider/Member For origin of "gatornapper", refer to July '65 Kosciusco County, Ind. court records, Walter Cronkite, Huntley/Brinkley evening news, & Indianapolis Star paper.

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
Tie Wraps to secure bags from falling off......temp fix.....
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2011, 10:03:08 AM »

Would you have a pic on this?  :confused5:

Hawg - Ok, here are the pics......the tie wraps wrap around the latch member on the bag and attach it to the bracket that holds
the pins.....

Left bag:

Right bag:

The right bag tie wrap has to be tight in order to catch the lower corner of the bracket, otherwise it can slip off.  If my Brukus
Secure's weren't on the way, I'd drill a hole in the bracket and run the tie wrap through it.   Won't stop a thief, but will keep
your bags from falling off......
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 04:08:30 PM by Gatornapper »

MKW

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2011, 10:11:45 PM »

Thanks Gatornapper, will get this ordered.

Mark
2010 CVO Street Glide
2014 CVO Limited

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
Re: Tie Wraps to secure bags from falling off......temp fix.....
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2011, 11:10:44 PM »

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 08:15:01 AM by Hawg »
Hawg

Gatornapper

• Junior CVO Member
KUDOS to Brukus!
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2011, 06:27:49 PM »

Secure's and Kickshoe - ordered Thursday, shipped Friday, delivered Saturday!!!!

Don't get no better than that!

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2011, 12:12:43 PM »

We put our guarantee where our mouth is! Never worry again about losing your Harley Saddlebags due to THEFT or Fly-offs! Try our SaddlebagSecure for 30 days and if you are not completely satisfied, we will refund your money! SaddlebagSecure COSTS LESS than replacing the Harley quick release system! Plus, as a member on CVO, you can receive 10% discount!
http://brukus.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product.cgi?d=brukus-motorcycle-parts&item=35502

Navy Vet

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2011, 09:49:51 PM »

Wanted to add these new Pictures of the KickShoe in the "Stowed" position from bikes we put the KickShoe on at the SC State HOG Rally. AND the KickShoe® is now on the Brukus discount page!

Navy Vet

McBolt

• Grandson, first time on a bike. Yea he is hooked
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2011, 03:25:35 PM »

I have an 06 Ultra.  I purchased those add on rails that wrap around the bags.  Mainly was just to make the bike look a little different to other SE's.  My right bag is full of tools, parts and so on.  Heading up to Idaho from CA, I noticed my right bag had come loose from the support pins, the add on rails kept the bag from bouncing down the highway.  Only damage was about a 1/2 inch abrassion mark on the front of the bag from vibrating against the rail.
Motorcyclist Rights Activist
Navy Photographer Vietnam ERA
American Legion Rider

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2011, 03:22:12 PM »

Dang...all this talk about bags flying off bikes on the highway sent me to Brukus!  Order has been placed. 

The bottom line:  Run the risk of a bag falling off  :oops: and spending up to $1600 to replace,  :nixweiss: or spend $35 now and not worry about it.  No brainer as far as I'm concerned.   :2vrolijk_21:
Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2011, 10:57:14 AM »

Dang...all this talk about bags flying off bikes on the highway sent me to Brukus!  Order has been placed. 

The bottom line:  Run the risk of a bag falling off  :oops: and spending up to $1600 to replace,  :nixweiss: or spend $35 now and not worry about it.  No brainer as far as I'm concerned.   :2vrolijk_21:

Hope you received your product and it was installed ok!
Don't forget, we have a forum discount and offer several other products for CVOHarley owners. Most make great stocking stuffers! http://brukus.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product-category.cgi?d=brukus-motorcycle-parts&pc=11130
Navy Vet

Eagle Eye

• THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Every day is a great day to ride!

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUE2 Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2011, 03:49:29 PM »

Hey Brukus:

Yes, they arrived and were installed this past weekend.  Easy to do and now the bags are more secure.  I'll be in touch about the other issue with the mounting brackets to the bike.  I'd like to order the security bolts.  Even though harder to reach on the SEUC, they still can be removed with an ordanary tool.  That bugs me a bit and need to correct it. 

Thanks for helping us protect our stuff!

Thanks,
Ken

Ken2
Vietnam Vet
Spec-5
Medic
US Army

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »

Hey Brukus:

Yes, they arrived and were installed this past weekend.  Easy to do and now the bags are more secure.  I'll be in touch about the other issue with the mounting brackets to the bike.  I'd like to order the security bolts.  Even though harder to reach on the SEUC, they still can be removed with an ordanary tool.  That bugs me a bit and need to correct it. 

Thanks for helping us protect our stuff!

Thanks,
Ken

Sounds good. Glad you got them!
Navy Vet

Brukus

• The Big Brukus
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2011, 08:42:07 PM »

Just letting you know that we have extended our free shipping for a limited time!

And don't forget our newest product - the TourPack BULLET Secure for Tour-Paks, Sissy Bars and Luggage racks. Works on the inside and outside cams on the 4-Point Docking System.

PLUS, our KickShoe was pictured in DealerNews.com as Product of the day!
Navy Vet
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.