Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Carson City/Virginia City 6/27/10  (Read 15619 times)

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Yellow Pearl/Charcoal Slate
Re: Carson City/Virginia City 6/27/10
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2010, 06:42:48 PM »

It's okay I choose to stand.
Semper Fi
Get your "Motor Running Head", out on the highway!

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2010, 06:50:57 PM »

The speed of the vehicle is proportional to the splat on the windshield. This is 15 mph splat such as might be found on E Glides, Street Glides and Gold Wings. Unlike Road Glides where the velocity and impact of the splat has been known to even chip and crack the best windshields.  :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 03:23:18 AM by D31960 »
Semper Fi

What we've got here is... failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it... well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2010, 06:57:52 PM »

A member of the National Security Team sent to prevent hijackings to Iran. Incognito and very authentic to the era! I remember that Little Joe Cartwright used to be concerned about his Ray Bans getting broken during a bar fight in Virginia City.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 03:21:09 AM by D31960 »
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2010, 06:59:24 PM »

Bushwackers
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2010, 07:00:30 PM »

Station
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2010, 07:03:34 PM »

Mining for Silver

Dum dada dum dada dum dada dum Bo nan zaa.

Go out tonight and pick another fight Bo nan zaa. (From Cheers)
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2010, 07:05:34 PM »

A western style beer delivery truck in the background.
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2010, 07:07:20 PM »

Greyhound
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »

Rich and JC Debarking
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2010, 07:11:11 PM »

Rich
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2010, 07:12:13 PM »

Virginia City 1800's era home
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2010, 07:15:33 PM »

Rif Raf resting after the climb uphill to the main street.

JC must have found a CVO to put a CVOHarley business card between the seat and the tank with the CVO corner hanging out.

I got another yesterday in Niles on the way home.
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2010, 07:16:44 PM »

Souvenirs
Semper Fi

DDavidson

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2010, 07:19:51 PM »

The end of the line for this trip as far as the camera is concerned. Dead Battery.  I'd hate to think there'd be more!
Semper Fi

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2010, 08:33:47 PM »

The wobbling in my bikes front-end continued as well so took it into the local Harley Dealership. They tightened the neck bearing three turns, greased it and threw on a new tire as they said the model-08 on it had cupping.  Always glad to help the local economies when visiting.  :confused5: What a difference, especially at straight slow speeds and fast curves.  JC, Terrie and Rich waited there with Carole and I for 1.5 hrs even after I tried to persuade them to go see the Car Shows going on in Carson.  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: Good folks.  :coolblue: :cherry: :coolblue: :cherry:

We couldn't leave.......had to let em know you had the big guns with you so they'd get it done and get it done right. :2vrolijk_21:

Actually, as soon as we got there I recognized the guy behind the service counter (later remembered where I knew him from.....service dept. at Eagles Nest).  Only half hour left till closing but we convinced them to at least take a look at it and maybe shoot some grease in the next bearings (they were dry).  They agreed to at least do a fall away check/test on it. 

They wheeled it back there and got it up of the ground to do the fall away and it went six turns the first time and six and a half the second time (it's supposed to be three turns).  So they tore into it and made the necessary adjustments.  1/2 hour "past" closing time, the wrench rolls it out the door for a test ride.  He returns and tells us it's much better but still a bit of an issue and points out that the front tire is worn more on one side than the other and has slight cupping.  It's a D-408 so they'll not warranty it.  I raise the issue of it being worn on one side more than the other and that it should be warrantied on that issue (aside from the cupping).  The total tread was to low to even pro rate a portion under warranty so Don had to buy a new tire.....but they were on sale for $120 plus install labor.  They wheeled it back in again and put a tire on it.  I think it was about an hour after closing time when we finally rolled out of there but they did it all without any attitude and documented their findings (so he could go back on Bob Droan for it).

Don, so glad you were able to get it right and enjoy the ride home without wondering if you were going to make it home! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 22 queries.