Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Another ConV Windshield...  (Read 11611 times)

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
Re: Another ConV Windshield...
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010, 11:22:31 PM »

A #1 - I installed a stock Fatboy windshield - Still had buffetting bad!

A #2 - I installed fork deflectors and all buffeting went away. I haven't tried the stock windshield again yet.

A #3 - I'm 6'0" tall. I look over the top of the windshield. I wear and open face 1/2 helmet.

Thank you RCFlyer....! Bad news for the front forks...   :(

so this brings up the question....  Why get another windshield at all??
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:33:49 PM by CVOpilot »

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »

Buffeting has alot to do with what is on your head as well as your shield. It's terrible if I have a helmet on and non-existant without one. Seems to me that if I have a shield that allows me to look just over the top of it, as it's supposed to be, the air hits the top of the helmet. So that means a taller shield would do the trick but then I am looking thru it and that's not acceptable for many safety reasons. Try different helmets if you must wear one or go naked.

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010, 10:24:10 PM »

Buffeting has alot to do with what is on your head as well as your shield. It's terrible if I have a helmet on and non-existant without one. Seems to me that if I have a shield that allows me to look just over the top of it, as it's supposed to be, the air hits the top of the helmet. So that means a taller shield would do the trick but then I am looking thru it and that's not acceptable for many safety reasons. Try different helmets if you must wear one or go naked.

You have that option... ala Worthlessburger.... But I hope no harm comes to ANYone who chooses to not wear a helmet!  Here in Virginia we have to have a DOT certified (as a minimum) helmet.  

I see the wisdom in your words...and felt it today.  Cool morning so I used the full face helmet I just bought.  Very little buffetting!  But it had its disadvantages too... clostriphobic feeling, Limited visibility, limited outside noise warnings (although I will classify this as.... more engine noise coming from below cancelling out outside noise. I was cruising up the 4 lane at about 65 enjoying the smooth airflow and was startled by the tri-axle dumptruck that blew by me at 70!)

My 1/2 helmet is a better feeling for awareness, ride enjoyment, and precieved cool  :coolblue:  But sux for the high speed buffet.  

I guess I just thought thaT a higher/wider windscreen would solve most of the problem.

Sometimes the obvious...is not sooooo obvious...!

RidgecrestCVO

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2010, 11:11:58 AM »

I installed the JuRock 20" windshield and was able to ride to work this morning   :) and  the buffetng is almost none existant for me, slight vibration with full face helmet. With the stock windshield I'm constantly itching my nose from the buffeting and this mornings 30 mile ride was perfect for me. Going on a long ride this weekend and I'll test it again but if it go's as good as this mornings ride the windshield will stay on the bike more often.
I'm 6' tall, fullface helmet and I look over the windshield. Very happy with this windshield. :bananarock:

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »

I installed the JuRock 20" windshield and was able to ride to work this morning   :) and  the buffetng is almost none existant for me, slight vibration with full face helmet. With the stock windshield I'm constantly itching my nose from the buffeting and this mornings 30 mile ride was perfect for me. Going on a long ride this weekend and I'll test it again but if it go's as good as this mornings ride the windshield will stay on the bike more often.
I'm 6' tall, fullface helmet and I look over the windshield. Very happy with this windshield. :bananarock:

You can look over a 20"? You must have a neck like a giraff! :D

RidgecrestCVO

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 07:35:48 PM »

I went on a 300 mile ride this weekend with the 7JuRock windshield and I'm not to happy. I'm getting buffeting but different then with the stock windshield. I was cruising a lot between 75 and 85 mph and it was causing my shirt to beat me to death. I tried a few different things and like others have said most of the wind is coming from below. My head doesn't bob around as much as with the stock windshield but its just annoying, I like no windshield at all best. :(

jdm100

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2010, 02:24:43 PM »

I bought the Juroock windshield but its for sale as I traded the bike for a Street Glide.

Its brand new,  OEM is 20 " wide by 15" high,   mine is 22" wide and 17" tall-- color light smoke(gray).    
It reduces the bufffeting from the stock windwhield quite abit, but not a full 100% but a Definite big improvement.

I am selling it for a substantial discount to the first interested CVO convertible member.
PM me  if interested.

Sold it AM 10/04
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 04:36:31 PM by jdm100 »

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2010, 04:31:50 PM »

pm sent
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

Lever

• 1K CVO Member
  • keep the rubber side down
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »

sold the windshield  right out under neath of me  ,i was  the 1st person to post a pm sent    :o
2010 CVO Convertible  crimson red sunglo/Autumn Haze with Metal Grind Graphics
2014 113  motor 10.8 compression
SAE smoothing #5  125.7 hp / 122.9 tq
2017 Road King M8
stage IV

Dood2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 01:47:14 PM »

sold the windshield  right out under neath of me  ,i was  the 1st person to post a pm sent    :o
I have a complete Fat Boy King Size Windshield. Used it for 2 trips on my FLSTSE if your interested. Its like brand new. Also Sundowner seat for same.

E mail me Teamer@comcast.net

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2010, 07:11:07 PM »

the seat is mine :huepfenlol2:
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Proud50

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2011, 02:15:51 AM »

Don:
Would like your feedback on which size Jurock windshield you added to your FLSTSE.   I am 5'10" and trying to figure out if I go with an 18" and look over the top or try the 20" or 21" to get full protection.   I rented an Electra glide in Las Vegas a few weeks ago and was very frustrated that the windshield was right at eye level so I wasn't comfortable ducking to look through it and couldn't comfortably see over it.   It looks like you got the tinted.   

FADBOY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2011, 01:08:34 PM »

Just rode 300 miles with the stock windshield and open face helmet and I am 6ft 1"and didn't have a problem, ok it's not as good as my old fatboy screen. The stock screen makes a big difference to the strain factor on the arms at speeds over 60mph. I'm off on a 3000 mile trip in three weeks so I will let you know if I've changed my mind.

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2011, 08:18:52 PM »

Don:

I bought a 17" unit, installed in 10 minutes and it is a much better.  I am 5' 9" and am able to see over the top.

This height works great for me.  I could do only another half inch or so.  I would suggest you get a 19" one.

If you call Jurock they will be happy to make suggestions to you as well,  they were helpful to me.   

There are several threads discussing windshields,  search "windshields" to check them out.   I posted some pictures of mine.

Mach

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2011, 10:41:29 AM »

I am 5' 11" and I just bought the JuRock 19".  IMO this was about 1" to tall.  It's at eye level for me and a pain but the worst thing is at night the Red Display unit reflects in the shield. I am not to happy with this set up. even at 18" the display still might reflect.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 24 queries.