Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: FLSTSE2 Audio System Retrofit?  (Read 9937 times)

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: FLSTSE2 Audio System Retrofit?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 11:26:13 AM »

and the last one.  All parts look like they are removable with screws.  Good design.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »

Thanks Pork. It sure LOOKS like it can be bolted on to a 2010 ConV fairing. Too bad you are are all the way on the other side of the country as it would be great to disassemble them both side by side and give it a try. You are certainly not squeamish about taking apart your brand new CVO which is a plus.  Ah well, I would have brought the beer...

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »

Yah, well, it hasn't been so long ago that I had the complete dashboard to my brand new '86 Cougar sitting on the seat beside me as I drove down our gravel road trying to troubleshoot where the squeek in my brand new car was coming from only to discover (with my wife's help) that it was coming from under the hood!    If I was filthy rich, I'd fly you out here and we'd disassemble it but you'd have to buy a good vintage of red!  ha!
I'll be getting all 4 manuals shortly for this '11 bike and if you want, I'll look thru the parts manual and maybe be able to help you determine whether the basic parts are there and just have to mount extra stuff or if the basic animal is different to start with.  On my 60 chev the only differences between biscayne, belair and Impala was added chrome....... You strike me as one that knows what screws were designed for as well.......

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 09:32:12 PM »

Pork,

That sould like it would be a lot of fun - the first one of us to hit the lottery buys the tickets! Let me know when you get the manuals. I have the ones for my '10 and we should be able to compare notes and see what we come up with.

Thanks,

MikeV
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

CVOpilot

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 03:29:43 AM »

Hey Porky....
  The windscreen and associated parts look a little rough in those pix... Why don't you send me the windscreen and I'll gt her cleaned up for ya!!!  :2vrolijk_21:

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 08:14:52 AM »

Pork,

That sould like it would be a lot of fun - the first one of us to hit the lottery buys the tickets! Let me know when you get the manuals. I have the ones for my '10 and we should be able to compare notes and see what we come up with.

Thanks,

MikeV

Ok, Mike, I just got the manuals.  Now how can I help you?     

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 04:29:01 PM »

Pork,

Can you scan and send me the pages with the exploded diagrams and part numbers for the windshield and audio system? I will compare it with mine and put together a parts list. Once I have that I can get the price and answer the big question "Is it worth it?".

Thanks.

MikeV

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 05:44:07 PM »

Pork,

Can you scan and send me the pages with the exploded diagrams and part numbers for the windshield and audio system? I will compare it with mine and put together a parts list. Once I have that I can get the price and answer the big question "Is it worth it?".

Thanks.

MikeV
Pork,

Can you also send them to me?  I'm interested in dong the same thing to my 2010.  I also have the 2010 parts manual.  Thanks.

RC
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 01:33:47 AM »

To the both of you's, I don't have a scanner but I can take a few photos of the pages over the next few days and send you the pics.  that's about the best I can do.   It will work, I believe.   Pork.   I'm not sure parts prices are available just yet.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 03:05:44 PM »

Pork,

Thanks.

MikeV

"Can you also send them to me?  I'm interested in dong the same thing to my 2010.  I also have the 2010 parts manual.  Thanks.    RC"

Mike and RC,  go thru my profile address and send me your email.  I have the pix taken and will have them available to send this evening.  Turned out well.  Should answer "the" question....  Pork.

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 03:08:07 PM »

To those of you that are interested in retro-fitting your 2010 with the 2011 sound system, I think it can be done.  It looks like no CVO specific painted parts are needed.  It looks like the front painted fairing, the gasket, the chrome mounting brackets and windshield are the same.  At first glance it looks like you need to order the brace, left and right caps, some screws and of course all of the sound system parts including the black cover on the back of the fairing and the inner faring itself. I'll try to compile a list of what I think you'd need to order and post. Then it may be a matter of how much??
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 03:13:57 PM »

Excellent!!!!! :bulb2:

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2010, 05:46:28 PM »

Please see the attached Word document that I put together showing part numbers and quantities necessary to add a factory 2011 sound system to your 2010 FLSTSE fairing.

First of all, I would like to thank Porky for providing me the parts information. Without him I couldn't have put this list together.  The only thing missing, that I know of, is the connector and harness for the bike side.  Porky said he'd look tonight.  I will update this list as I discover more.  I'm not guaranteeing that this will work, so do your homework before spending a ton of money. Please update this post if you move forward and do this sound system update.
Here's an updated parts list of everything I think you'll need to put a 2011 sound system on a 2010 stock fairing.  I added the connector and pins for the amplifier harness.  I think you'd have to bring up an accessory line and ground to power it. I'll update if I move forward with this mod.

RC
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2010, 07:00:18 PM »

Again, John......Great job.  And fast.  You must have a job like I have with a little bit of spare time to get it done so quickly.  Now just have to wait for the first energetic and industrious individual to move forward with the project.  The price tag will be a good share of tipping the scales, I would imagine.   Pork.

TBATFAN

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Con V Crimson
    • CVO2: 2008 FDXSE2 Screamin Eagle Dyna 287/1050
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 03:52:46 PM »

We also need the explode view page so we could figure out how all these pieces go together   ;D
2007 Electra Glide Classic ( My Geezer Glide )
Dark Cherry
2008 FXDSE2 Screamin Eagle Dyna
Anniversary Edition 287/1050
2010 CVO ConV Crimson
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.464 seconds with 25 queries.