Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Is it possible to get a replacement key FOB..?  (Read 17650 times)

retired_colonel

• Retired Army
Is it possible to get a replacement key FOB..?
« on: August 05, 2010, 03:13:53 PM »

I know that my wife's brand new FLHRSE4 was delivered with two key FOB's.  My FLHSE4 that I just purchased from a private party was shipped with one...the previous owner 'doesn't recall' if there was two, or what he might have done with the second.  I have the emergency disarm setup and memorized (slip of paper in wallet...that is 'memorization' when you are over 60).  But it would be nice to have a second one.  We don't have a local H-D dealership any longer;  the closest is 120 miles, and I frankly trust the answer I would get on this forum before any of the dealerships we have dealt with.  So is it possible to purchase the second key FOB?...or will it be one of those 'nope, gotta' redo the whole thing'.   Thanks, Steve.
2008 FLHRSE4 x 2
2004 FLHRCI
2003 FXDL

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Is it possible to get a replacement key FOB..?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 03:57:13 PM »

Yes, they're available.  Very pricey.  If I remember right (I didn't have this part wrote down in my wallet :huepfenlol2: ), you have to take your bike to them to program it.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 04:10:26 PM »

The fobs can be purchased from dealer...

Replacement/Additional Remote Control Water-Proof Key Fob P/N 68926-00
Fits models equipped with H-D® Factory Security System, North America.

MSRP US $39.95

I think the dealer has to sync it to your bike/alarm system though. :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

retired_colonel

• Retired Army
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 04:10:38 PM »

Yes, they're available.  Very pricey.  If I remember right (I didn't have this part wrote down in my wallet :huepfenlol2: ), you have to take your bike to them to program it.

(Laughing)..   'Pricey'?  Now that would be an H-D surprise, wouldn't it:-)  I was afraid I would have to take it to them...Lord forbid we should be able to do it ourselves.  Maybe I will just keep my 'memories in my wallet', and keep the one FOB until the 'new' H-D dealership opens in Kennewick, Wa..only 50 miles away.  Thanks for the quick response!   Steve.
2008 FLHRSE4 x 2
2004 FLHRCI
2003 FXDL

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 04:13:46 PM »

Yes, you can buy individual key fobs for around $40, but unfortunately you can't assign them to your bike like we could with the old pushbutton style fobs.  It will take a trip to a dealer to assign the fob to your bike with their proprietary Digital Technician equipment.  I have no idea how much a typical dealer would charge for this, and in your case you'd have to factor in a 240 mile roundtrip ride as well, so you might just want to keep yourself fully up to date on the manual method and try not to lose the one fob you have.  Changing the battery on a regular schedule might be a good idea as well.

I think if it were me I'd still want to have a spare, and considering the distance to your closest dealer I'd want to make an ironclad appointment to make certain they would have the fob on hand and they would do the DT assignment immediately while you wait.  Then it's just a case of a nice ride to the dealership, talk Momma into buying you lunch, and a nice ride back.

Jerry

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448769885&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302291023&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302291023&bmUID=1281038239087&bmLocale=en_US
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 04:16:44 PM »

Yes, you can buy individual key fobs for around $40, but unfortunately you can't assign them to your bike like we could with the old pushbutton style fobs.  It will take a trip to a dealer to assign the fob to your bike with their proprietary Digital Technician equipment.  I have no idea how much a typical dealer would charge for this, and in your case you'd have to factor in a 240 mile roundtrip ride as well, so you might just want to keep yourself fully up to date on the manual method and try not to lose the one fob you have.  Changing the battery on a regular schedule might be a good idea as well.

I think if it were me I'd still want to have a spare, and considering the distance to your closest dealer I'd want to make an ironclad appointment to make certain they would have the fob on hand and they would do the DT assignment immediately while you wait.  Then it's just a case of a nice ride to the dealership, talk Momma into buying you lunch, and a nice ride back.

Jerry

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448769885&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302291023&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302291023&bmUID=1281038239087&bmLocale=en_US

Thanks Jerry I was half right (programming part). :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

retired_colonel

• Retired Army
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 04:22:35 PM »

Thanks Jerry I was half right (programming part). :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Looks like you are both correct.  I suppose it makes sense...otherwise some nefarious neanderthal would be riding around on our CVO for $39.95 after synching in the WalMart parking lot.  If you either of you see a guy on side of road, standing next to his FLHSE4 while emptying out his wallet on the ground...  well, at least 'wave'!    Steve.
2008 FLHRSE4 x 2
2004 FLHRCI
2003 FXDL

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 06:03:28 PM »

Ah-haaaaaa, my memory serves me right.  It's to the point where I get excieted when that happens, now days. ;D

Sounds like it might be a good idea for a ride......maybe even a weekend get away.   As a matter of fact, maybe go to the second or third closeest dealership.  :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ragtop13

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Amber/Citrus
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 09:20:42 PM »

I lost one of my fob's, ordered one, waited about a week and the dealer reprogrammed it for free... :orange:
One note, they need both fob's to do the reprogramming and only two fob's can be programmed at one time...
So when I found my "lost" fob... :nixweiss:... it became the next replacement fob that sits in my tool box for when I "lose" one again... :oops:
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering "What the hell happened!?!?"

LISA

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 10:56:22 PM »

The dealter lost my key/fob.  Made another set for me.  Eventually found the original key/fob under the seat at the next service.  Go figure.  Each fob is unique and the bike is programed to the fob.  I found that out when the original fob no longer worked and the bike only accepts 2 fobs and no more.  So I have a third in the event I lose one-but the bike will need reprogramming. 

So bring the bike! when you get your next fob. 

LISA 

retired_colonel

• Retired Army
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 10:57:24 PM »

Ah-haaaaaa, my memory serves me right.  It's to the point where I get excieted when that happens, now days. ;D

Sounds like it might be a good idea for a ride......maybe even a weekend get away.   As a matter of fact, maybe go to the second or third closeest dealership.  :nixweiss:

What's that like?  Having a memory that still functions and..and.. crap!  forgot the second point ???
2008 FLHRSE4 x 2
2004 FLHRCI
2003 FXDL

retired_colonel

• Retired Army
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 11:02:56 PM »

The dealter lost my key/fob.  Made another set for me.  Eventually found the original key/fob under the seat at the next service.  Go figure.  Each fob is unique and the bike is programed to the fob.  I found that out when the original fob no longer worked and the bike only accepts 2 fobs and no more.  So I have a third in the event I lose one-but the bike will need reprogramming. 

So bring the bike! when you get your next fob. 

LISA 

Hmmmm...  I ordered the second FOB and noticed that there is a replacement battery.  So....if the FOB 'quits' because of battery need, it must retain its programmed memory..   That will probably be my next 'event'...dead battery, and fishing thru my wallet for those emergency disarm instructions  :(
2008 FLHRSE4 x 2
2004 FLHRCI
2003 FXDL

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 11:19:47 PM »

I had to replace the battery in my key fob's this spring.  I bought a spare battery and tossed it into my tourpak.  Either I will need it one day or one of my riding buddies will... :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

retired_colonel

• Retired Army
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 10:03:02 AM »

I had to replace the battery in my key fob's this spring.  I bought a spare battery and tossed it into my tourpak.  Either I will need it one day or one of my riding buddies will... :2vrolijk_21:

I had the same thought...yesterday, I tried to order the battery on-line at same dealership I ordered key FOB...returned a 'Not Found' when searched by Part No.  Will probably have to call a parts dept to actually make it happen.  Steve.
2008 FLHRSE4 x 2
2004 FLHRCI
2003 FXDL

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 10:16:56 AM »

I had the same thought...yesterday, I tried to order the battery on-line at same dealership I ordered key FOB...returned a 'Not Found' when searched by Part No.  Will probably have to call a parts dept to actually make it happen.  Steve.

The fob battery is common.  I purchased my replacement batteries at the local Walgreen pharmacy...   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 20 queries.