Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: Modifed SERG Handlebars  (Read 16917 times)

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
Re: Modifed SERG Handlebars
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 01:17:51 PM »

That is EXACTLY what I've wanted! :2vrolijk_21:  Finally went with the WO517s that pull back a little too far. 

I did notice though that in the pictures of the 11 SEURG that those bars look higher with slightly more pull back than our stock SERG.  I hope you're not doing all this just to duplicate the 11s :nixweiss:

Have'nt seen the 2011s yet. I'll have to look and take my tape measure with me. Just want to keep the same look as the stock and 2"higher and 2 more inches in the pullback.
Someday's you hit them like Jack Nicklaus and someday's like Jack Ass

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 01:20:04 PM »

good idea. keeping my eye on this.  :2vrolijk_21:  whats the altered bar measurements?

you purge during the weld process? :drink:

TN

No, I did not purge. I'm not worried about Xray. These are just a template.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 10:01:26 PM »

No, I did not purge. I'm not worried about Xray. These are just a template.

hell Rich, i luv yer work here. :2vrolijk_21: i'm just a anal welder and think if you liked those, a chrome job would complete it. i been trying to figure out a 2" rise and you got it. :orange:

not gonna ask you what kinda filler metal you used. :coolblue:

TN

Wut the hell was that maneuver

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 10:46:38 PM »

i'll ask :nixweiss:

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 09:24:13 AM »

hell Rich, i luv yer work here. :2vrolijk_21: i'm just a anal welder and think if you liked those, a chrome job would complete it. i been trying to figure out a 2" rise and you got it. :orange:

not gonna ask you what kinda filler metal you used. :coolblue:

TN

Phil, Just mild steel. 1/16

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 11:50:06 AM »

Butt welding can be a problem when ground back. penetration is paramount. the chrome process adds a hardening factor. I would not recommend this for the average home fabricator. a thin insert with a few tig plug welds would eliminate the good chance of the weld failing. Good Idea ...just adding caution to someone with a mig welder at home who would pick up on this. :drink:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 06:05:43 PM »

I'll piggyback on Highway's warning.  To make such grafting workable he's right, you'd have to add an internal (or external) sleeve for strength.  Once done, you'd find it nearly impossible to rout the wires internally.  Externally, you could run the wires but it wouldn't look clean.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 08:49:00 PM »

Butt welding can be a problem when ground back. penetration is paramount. the chrome process adds a hardening factor. I would not recommend this for the average home fabricator. a thin insert with a few tig plug welds would eliminate the good chance of the weld failing. Good Idea ...just adding caution to someone with a mig welder at home who would pick up on this. :drink:

Like I said, this is only a template...............................................Fuzz

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 11:55:52 PM »

Like I said, this is only a template...............................................Fuzz

Hey Rich, you think that weld is going to hold?  You know, in service.  It'd look better chromed too.  When are you gonna do that?

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 07:01:04 AM »

Hey Rich, you think that weld is going to hold?  You know, in service.  It'd look better chromed too.  When are you gonna do that?

Don, I was hoping to get this to a fabricator to have them twist me up a pair or two. And spend the money on them to be chromed. I'm not chroming the template, although I have considered it. But when I hand the template over it's exactly what I want replicated. I have'nt lined up a handlebar fabricator yet. I'm kinda flyin by the seat of my pants so to say. But I do know what I want. And what a few others want also. And since there was no one out there to give me what I wanted , I took the bull by the horns so to speak..........................Fuzz   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 11:16:50 AM »

Don, I was hoping to get this to a fabricator to have them twist me up a pair or two. And spend the money on them to be chromed. I'm not chroming the template, although I have considered it. But when I hand the template over it's exactly what I want replicated. I have'nt lined up a handlebar fabricator yet. I'm kinda flyin by the seat of my pants so to say. But I do know what I want. And what a few others want also. And since there was no one out there to give me what I wanted , I took the bull by the horns so to speak..........................Fuzz   

Sorry Rich, that question was my stupid attempt to be stupid.  Since you'd been asked so many times already questions that were all explained in the beginning by saying "it's a template" I was being an ass and asking the same thing again as a poor attempt at wondering just how many more times you'd be asked. 

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 11:25:19 AM »

Gotcha, Don. :coolblue: :coolblue: :coolblue:

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 07:31:05 PM »

Hey Rich,

I'm the guy that met you on the NJTP to drop a set of bars off. Now I know what you were up to. Hope they work out for you. Nice job and a lot of work, but at least they will be exactly to you specifications.

Regards,
John
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

FUZZNUTS

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2010, 02:12:41 PM »

That is EXACTLY what I've wanted! :2vrolijk_21:  Finally went with the WO517s that pull back a little too far. 

I did notice though that in the pictures of the 11 SEURG that those bars look higher with slightly more pull back than our stock SERG.  I hope you're not doing all this just to duplicate the 11s :nixweiss:

Update..........................The 2011s handlebars are basically the same hieght but more pull back than the 09 SERG. I measured the 11s handle bars on the show room floor. And basically for hieght from the bottom 90 to the top 90 and it's 9 1/2 inches on the 11s bar. And the bars I modified from the same points measure 11 1/2". I have'nt got a chance to take a pic side by side with my bike because it's been at the dealers since last Wed. I thought that I was having issues with the compression relief but it turns out it's a starter problem. So hopefully I'll be getting the bike back  by Tues night. I gottta leave for Fayetteville W.V. Wed morn.............................................Fuzz

Beemer

• Elite CVO Member
  • USAF CMSgt (Ret)

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Electric Orange/Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE Autumn Haze/Carbon Dust
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2010, 09:09:57 PM »

Then your bars should be better in that if you want them closer, all you'd have to do is roll them back a bit. 

Have you found a fab shop yet?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 25 queries.