Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Author Topic: TTS or Thundermax?  (Read 34505 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Re: TTS or Thundermax?
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2013, 01:32:25 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:  Nothing like beating a topic to death? :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2013, 05:40:31 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:  Nothing like beating a topic to death? :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse: :beatdeadhorse:

Rio, your right.
There are 3 or 4 that devote their entire life to tuning.
Don't care about CVO's, don't care about GTG's, don't care about the sound systems, don't care about how it rides, handles or looks.
They found this place and will stay until they find another site to beat that tuning horse senseless.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2013, 06:41:44 PM »

I find this thread and others like it enlightening. at least there is some substance to the content.  :orange:

Tune On

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2013, 07:26:48 PM »

Too bad they brought their stupid HTT stuff to our peaceful little CVO land...

I am on HTT too... But after see all the chit-slinging and "you're wrong I'm right!" CRAP that goes on there, I have never made a post there past my first one. Gigantic waste of time over there...

Who really cares if you can wring another 1% by doing this or that, or using this or that? Here, we just RIDE and enjoy it! There's a LOT more to riding than squeezing the last ounce of performance...  That said, I'll put my tune up against anyone's... because it was done by a genuine WIZARD.

Gotta get my lazy butt to Maggie Valley this year to finally meet all of the NICE CVO owners here!

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

eleft36

• Full CVO Member
  • Senior Rider
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2013, 08:39:49 PM »

"I think that anyone who doesn't think there is internet chatter regarding tuning the Tmax is kidding themselves."

Mayor,
  Tmax posts(everywhere) are like a single flake in a blizzard compared to TTS.
Because it's easy to get good results right out of the box.
Al

:jack:
2010 CVO 110" Conv. Exhaust, K&N A/C, Stock Heads, SE 103" BB kit, Andrews 26H Cams, Adapted H-D Engine Guard, Mustang wide Touring Seat, Stock Bars, H-D Oil Cooler, 1990 Leather Works Inc. Bags with Deluxe modified guards, H-D Windshield, Thunder Max A/T, '05 CVO Tour Pac, SCRC Chapter 524

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2013, 09:32:27 PM »

I am on HTT too... But after see all the chit-slinging and "you're wrong I'm right!" CRAP that goes on there, I have never made a post there past my first one. Gigantic waste of time over there...

Who really cares if you can wring another 1% by doing this or that, or using this or that? Here, we just RIDE and enjoy it! There's a LOT more to riding than squeezing the last ounce of performance...  That said, I'll put my tune up against anyone's... because it was done by a genuine WIZARD.

Gotta get my lazy butt to Maggie Valley this year to finally meet all of the NICE CVO owners here!

Ken

Ken you really should make Maggie Valley.
It's not that far and I would enjoy meeting you.

:2vrolijk_21:

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Max Headflow

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2013, 12:18:12 AM »

{Snip}
Ken

Yeah your right.. CVO owners don't really care about the technical side they only want to know where they can spend their money,..

Max

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2013, 08:12:26 AM »

No system is 100% perfect. They all, even a dyno, require a bit of give and take somewhere. The T-Max has certainly had it's share of issues as well and isn't for all situations and builds. Do your research, choose what your comfortable with using.

As for resale, I include the cost when I buy a bike and know I am going to make changes. All the chrome and performance parts are a loss as well. You want a good resale price, keep it a stock garage queen. Then pray.

:drink: Well said, You hit the nail right on the head,  :2vrolijk_21:
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2013, 08:40:25 AM »

Yeah your right.. CVO owners don't really care about the technical side they only want to know where they can spend their money,..

Max

Oh, we care about tuning, Max... it's just not the ONLY thing we care about. Tuning is important, and I understand it quite well, thank you. But trying to get the last ounce of performance out of a 110" engine is a good way to destroy it. They have enough issues in stock form. Most of us don't drag race these expensive machines. I would never want to give up ion sensing and leave my engine unprotected against preignition and/or detonation from a tank of bad gas on a hot day 300 miles from home.

You like the T-Max, then fine... use it and be happy. I will stick with the TTS and the Harley ECM because I think Steve Cole and his team understand Harley tuning and the Delphi system better than anyone outside of Delphi itself. I think the MasterTune is the most flexible tuner out there, and it just keeps getting better.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2013, 10:24:28 AM »

Max

Can someone who knows this guy from the other site that's been mentioned tell me if it's more likely he's being facetious or is just being a dick?

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2013, 10:40:25 AM »

Wo cares about the other site? :nixweiss:  The dick ratio is pretty high on the 13 posts here.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2013, 10:42:55 AM »

I can't help but be amused when all the "experts", real or imagined, turn a simple question and answer thread like this into a marathon "mine is bigger than yours" bull session.  Yup, we're all impressed that you supposedly know how to tune your bike with product XYZ.  Unless you're offering to tune the OP's bike for him, however, I don't understand beating that to death while ignoring the real issue.

Some "experts" in this thread finally admitted, but probably not on purpose, what several of us were trying to tell the OP.  The T-Max is not magic, no matter how many false claims the folks at Zipper's and T-Max make about automatic tuning and no dyno time needed, etc.  The fact that a person with a tuning background and the proper equipment can tune his bike with a T-Max doesn't help the typical member who asks these kinds of questions on the site.  You know, the vast majority who don't work on bikes and have no desire to spend the next year or two acquiring the knowledge and tools to tune the bike themselves.  And regardless of what anyone may claim, there aren't a lot of T-Max tuners out there waiting to fix the not-so-automatic T-Max tune.  If someone gets lucky and the base map happens to match their bike well, great for them.  For all the others who fall for the "install and forget" implied by the advertising, they tend to be the source of all those T-Max devices that can be found for sale after Zipper's support fails to address the issues and the customer can't find a qualified tuner to fix the product that supposedly never needs tuning or dyno time.

In case anyone doesn't understand my reason for stating all this, it's pretty simple really.  I have a real problem with people and products that use misleading or outright false claims to sell their snake oil, and I don't recommend such a product to anyone without first offering advice to do your homework and be aware of the BS.  If someone knows going in that they personally don't know how to tweak the tune themselves, and they don't have anyone nearby who uses that particular system and could in fact tune it for them, they need to think about that before blindly plunking down their money.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

mayor

• Full CVO Member
  • just another fictional internet politician
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2013, 10:49:52 AM »

Can someone who knows this guy from the other site that's been mentioned tell me if it's more likely he's being facetious or is just being a dick?
hard to tell with Max sometimes.  There's generally some truths hiding in what ever he posts though, you just have to know how to decipher what he's saying. 

I would guess that he was being facetious. I think he was trying to make a point that it seems a little like an oxymoron when folks are complaining about technical discussions about Harley tuning on a sub session of a Harley forum that is dedicated to tuning.   

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #88 on: June 30, 2013, 10:50:50 AM »

Wo cares about the other site? :nixweiss:  The dick ratio is pretty high on the 13 posts here.

Hadn't bothered to read the other 12.  Was sent a link to that one suggesting "hey, take a look at this dick."  But didn't want to damn the dick based on one post so thought it fair to ask the question.  So the verdict is dick?  Ok then.  Dick it is.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #89 on: June 30, 2013, 10:53:22 AM »

I can't help but be amused when all the "experts", real or imagined, turn a simple question and answer thread like this into a marathon "mine is bigger than yours" bull session.  Yup, we're all impressed that you supposedly know how to tune your bike with product XYZ.  Unless you're offering to tune the OP's bike for him, however, I don't understand beating that to death while ignoring the real issue.

It's rare this can be said; but Jerry is just wrong there :huepfenlol2: .
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.