Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Tour Pack Re-Location kit  (Read 5422 times)

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Tour Pack Re-Location kit
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 03:55:38 PM »

Man George was great to deal with ordered the relocation kit today and he said he would ship it out today (I haven't even paid for it) and he said just mail him a check.
Supertrapp 2:1 and SERT

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2006, 08:31:15 AM »

Sorry, jumpin in a little late here, been cruisin....not on the bike though. ;( Anyways, I've got mine all the way back and have run fully loaded with no issues....and I'm not what ya would call an easy or moderate rider. ;) Whether it's 100mph+ on the interstate or draggin the boards on the backroads it handled great.

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2006, 08:36:50 AM »

Sorry, jumpin in a little late here, been cruisin....not on the bike though. ;( Anyways, I've got mine all the way back and have run fully loaded with no issues....and I'm not what ya would call an easy or moderate rider. ;) Whether it's 100mph+ on the interstate or draggin the boards on the backroads it handled great.

Thanks for jumpin in FR8TRN, it seems to be a consensus that it's not an impact on handling so I'm sure it will be on my wishlist for the new bike... hmmm... where to start...?  ;)
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

cigarmike

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2006, 11:01:12 AM »

Is it easy to remove the tourpack with this bracket?? Im having HD dude install the hog wired amps and getting rid of that harness and rear fender amp, or is there another option for quick-release tour-pak mount??, Thanks for helping me spend my money guys, this place will be competing with Google soon, where can I buy stock?

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2006, 12:02:15 PM »

Is it easy to remove the tourpack with this bracket?? Im having HD dude install the hog wired amps and getting rid of that harness and rear fender amp, or is there another option for quick-release tour-pak mount??, Thanks for helping me spend my money guys, this place will be competing with Google soon, where can I buy stock?

It's designed to work with the stock solid tourpak mount, as I understand the QD stuff you'll be able to position the tourpak where you want it anyways, so you won't be needing this.  See we can save you some coin also......just send the saved proceeds to the address below..... [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

Mike Hurley
2545 Whiteford Rd
Whiteford, MD 21160

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2006, 12:07:04 AM »

Mr.Ziemer the CEO of Harley took a hard look at Mr.Anderson's tourpack relocation bracket today while he was looking at my bike. He was so impressed he took a business card i had for Mr.Anderson. (I wonder if he will order one for his new Haze?) [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

I called Mr. Anderson today too to give him the news that his card was given to Mr.Ziemer. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2006, 07:29:02 AM »

[highlight]Mr.Ziemer the CEO of Harley [/highlight]took a hard look at Mr.Anderson's tourpack relocation bracket today while he was looking at my bike. He was so impressed he took a business card i had for Mr.Anderson. (I wonder if he will order one for his new Haze?) [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

I called Mr. Anderson today too to give him the news that his card was given to Mr.Ziemer. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I'm glad I purchased mine before the price increase! [smiley=oops.gif]  Wonder if he needs a patent?

bigmanken

• Junior CVO Member
  • They think I have lost my mind.
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 11:18:28 AM »

Another thumbs up for Mr. Anderson [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif], I have installed my bracket this weekend. Very pleased with the results. We tried the 2-1/4 inch setting, but had to go back to the shorter setting. Also, moved the passenger footboard up a notch. The wife is very pleased with the results.

Also, interesting note on the balance question, the bike handles and balances much easier for me when riding two up. Gives me a little more leg room. I am looking forward to the new seat in being built in June. They said they will be able to "fill in the gap" left by the bracket, as well as raising me up and back.

Again, Mr Anderson was great to work with. Wonder if we could get him to buy a dealership!

magicl1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 11:25:15 AM »

I am looking forward to the [highlight]new seat in being built in June[/highlight]. They said they will be able to "fill in the gap" left by the bracket, as well as raising me up and back.

Is this a custom one or from one of the other vendors?  So you are giving up the heated features of the Stock Seat...
I miss my Mustang Wide with the adjustable rider back rest.  The CUSE's sort of a pain in the back :P

bigmanken

• Junior CVO Member
  • They think I have lost my mind.
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 06:32:59 PM »

Magic,
Sorry for the typo, yes it will be a custom. I have decided to go with the folks at Day Long Seats. They custom build to your (and passenger) personal needs.

Also, they felt confident they will be able to incorporate the stock heater into the new seat, as well as the original ostrich look. If desired they will incorporate a two tone color into the seat.

On the downside, I have to send the original seat to them as they utilize the stock pan. So, I will be down awhile. Also, the seat will be pricey, but as I have learned...welcome to the HD universe. [smiley=oops.gif]

Ken

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2006, 09:39:35 PM »

I am new to this tour pak relocation.  It looks like there might be a inch or so of adjustment using the holes that are already in the tour pak.  Has anyone tried this before buying the kit mentioned earlier?  My wife is not very big and  I am thinking that maybe that inch or so may be enough.

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2006, 06:51:17 AM »

I am new to this tour pak relocation.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2006, 08:57:30 AM »

Thanks, FR8TRN, for the advice.  Would you happen to have Georges number?

john

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2006, 09:16:57 AM »

Thanks, FR8TRN, for the advice.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2006, 12:51:57 PM »

Thanks Train.  Moved it back this morning using the holes already there.  Went for a ride and she seemed pretty happy.  Her comment was that if I had anymore clothes one, I would not be able to get back there.  Had to raise the footboards up to the top hole.  If I mover it back any farther, I will need to get the contoured bag guards.  They might be better looking anyway. It is probably inevitable, that I call Mr Anerdson.  But I don't know if I have time to get it here before next Thurs.

Thanks again,

john
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 24 queries.