Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Author Topic: 30T and HAPPY!  (Read 103754 times)

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: 30T and HAPPY!
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2011, 02:25:02 PM »

DavidB, does your Cruise Control work after the change?
Supershooter

Yea,
   It still works. But with the Dakota Digital speedo corrector I could only get the speedo calibrated to with in 5% correct form 10% off. Anymore and the speed control wont work. Wish I had installed the TTS instead of the Harley Race Tuner . The TTS will put the speedo dead on and still let the 6th gear light and C ruse control work.

Just swapping the pulley and doing nothing else, the cruse will work fine. The speedo just reads 10% off.

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2011, 02:45:32 PM »

DavidB, I'm not sure I'd change the sprocket if the cruise wouldn't work after the changes. We ride a fair amount of Interstate miles trying to get to where we want to ride. Is it worth the extra money to buy a TTS too?
Supershooter 

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2011, 04:29:56 PM »

DavidB, I'm not sure I'd change the sprocket if the cruise wouldn't work after the changes. We ride a fair amount of Interstate miles trying to get to where we want to ride. Is it worth the extra money to buy a TTS too?
Supershooter 

The cruise "will work" after the change. Never said I wouldn`t . As long as you don`t put a Dakota Digital speedo adjuster on it. That`s what screws up the Cruise control.

As far as the TTS I wouldn`t put it on just to correct a speedometer.
But there the best INMOP if you want to tune the motor.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2011, 08:23:19 PM »

2011 Tri Glide Trans Sprocket is P/N 83595-11 $62.41, discount price's.  Anyone know the number for a '09 belt? ;)
HD does not have a 139T belt in 1"....soooooooooooooooo What belt are you using.  Has anyone tryied a sportster wheel sproket....may be abale to use stock 140T 1" belt.  I don't want to be trying to find an odd ball belt size on the road.  Help Please.

:nixweiss:  I see that you are referencing a Harley trans pulley that is (indeed) a 30toother.  As you say,  it's for the 2011 Tri Glide.   Now,  I understand I can go to Andrews or Baker and get a 30 tooth Trans sprocket(pulley),  but this HD one may be an alternative.

However,  the Tri Glide uses a 1 1/8" belt while my '09 Ultra uses a 1" belt............so I'm interested as to whether the Tri Glide pulley will work and fit on my '09 Ultra if I get the cooresponding (one tooth less) Drag Specialties 139 tooth 1" belt to complete the package :drink:

Since the picture (in HD parts diagrams) shows (no) lip on that pulley on the outer side,  question is will it fit and will it work with a 1" belt.

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2011, 09:05:14 PM »

moscooter, I would just call Steve at Fullsac and have him send you the sprocket and pulley you need.
Supershooter

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B D& D Fat Cat , SE 259E Cams , High Compression Pistons , TTS Mastertune, Yaffe Monkeys bars , Yaffe Monkey engine guard , Kenwood DVD/CD radio 650 watts 7 speakers. C & C solo seat , Motorcycle Armor, Klock Werks 8" windsheild,30 tooth pulley
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2011, 09:05:30 PM »

I hope the tri-glide pulley will work. I bought one for my 09 fltrse3. I am having it installed this weekend. I am attaching pics of the pulley.

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 O/B D& D Fat Cat , SE 259E Cams , High Compression Pistons , TTS Mastertune, Yaffe Monkeys bars , Yaffe Monkey engine guard , Kenwood DVD/CD radio 650 watts 7 speakers. C & C solo seat , Motorcycle Armor, Klock Werks 8" windsheild,30 tooth pulley
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2011, 09:06:11 PM »

another

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2011, 09:06:32 PM »

another

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2011, 09:06:53 PM »

another

DavidB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2011, 07:32:00 AM »

another

Same Harley pulley I put on mine. Works great  :2vrolijk_21:

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2011, 12:05:22 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:
So Badbagg.......Good luck with the conversion and keep us posted.   I assume you are also going with a Drag Specialties 139 tooth (1") belt too.

I see you already have the TTS deal to be able to readjust your speedo.........That I do not have.

If you have not done so already,  are you considering swapping out the compensator for the newer,  stronger SE compensator as some others have apparently done...... :nixweiss:

Since you gotta get in there that far to swap out the pulley,  it would be a good time to make that change also.  On the other hand,  I haven't had any problems with my stock comp as is.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2011, 02:13:05 PM »

For 09 I recall the speedo correction factor being 2303....

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2011, 03:55:59 PM »

:nixweiss:  I see that you are referencing a Harley trans pulley that is (indeed) a 30toother.  As you say,  it's for the 2011 Tri Glide.   Now,  I understand I can go to Andrews or Baker and get a 30 tooth Trans sprocket(pulley),  but this HD one may be an alternative.

However,  the Tri Glide uses a 1 1/8" belt while my '09 Ultra uses a 1" belt............so I'm interested as to whether the Tri Glide pulley will work and fit on my '09 Ultra if I get the cooresponding (one tooth less) Drag Specialties 139 tooth 1" belt to complete the package :drink:

Since the picture (in HD parts diagrams) shows (no) lip on that pulley on the outer side,  question is will it fit and will it work with a 1" belt.

Yes
The belt will center itself off the rear pulley. I put the same setup on my '10 and it works just fine!
To those questioning the cost effectiveness of "going all the way" with the TTS to just correct speedo error, probably not.
BUT with the TTS it opens so much more for getting the heat issues under control, adjusting the throttle sensitivity, etc, etc. not to mention you'll probably gain 10HP with a good dyno operator. Hard to say, but, IMO, it's a good "bang for the buck"!
Hope this helps a bit. :2vrolijk_21:
HOGMIKE

BADBAGG

• Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2011, 06:32:38 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:
So Badbagg.......Good luck with the conversion and keep us posted.   I assume you are also going with a Drag Specialties 139 tooth (1") belt too.

I see you already have the TTS deal to be able to readjust your speedo.........That I do not have.

If you have not done so already,  are you considering swapping out the compensator for the newer,  stronger SE compensator as some others have apparently done...... :nixweiss:

Since you gotta get in there that far to swap out the pulley,  it would be a good time to make that change also.  On the other hand,  I haven't had any problems with my stock comp as is.

Havent had any problems with the compensator either. Wasnt going to change it , although it would be the best time. I am using the drag belt that you mentioned. I will let you know how it turns out.

Poopy

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2011, 11:01:10 AM »

I also just had the 30-T Sprocket swapped on my 11' Street Glide. The lower gearing is perfect for my style of riding. Quick as a cat. I bought the TTS Mastertuner with the Stage II Kit from Fullsac with the Woods 555 Night Prowler Cams & 2.25" Cores. Had all the work done at one time. Needles to say, my SG does not sound and perform like a Vespa anymore! LOL

The Speedo Correction on my bike was 2251.

Now I'm heading in my garage to swap out the Halogen Headlight for the New Black LED Headlight. I will post pics ASAP
2011 Screamin' Eagle Street Glide - Black Diamond/Crimson
Fullsac X-Pipe w/ 2.25" Cores
Woods 555 Night Prowler Cams
30-Tooth Sprocket & Belt Swap
Flash-2-Pass Garage Door Opener
T-Bags for Windshield
HD Black LED Headlight
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 24

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 20 queries.