Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Author Topic: 30T and HAPPY!  (Read 104060 times)

Krazze

Re: 30T and HAPPY!
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2011, 03:40:42 PM »

had about 4000 miles on the belt. I got a belt from gates on order. Will see if it is stronger. May have to be a little easier on the throttle.
Krazze

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2011, 08:49:56 PM »

had about 4000 miles on the belt. I got a belt from gates on order. Will see if it is stronger. May have to be a little easier on the throttle.

Got my belt from Drag....30t...100hp.....2-up, loaded, pulling a trailer, no problems! :2vrolijk_21:
HOGMIKE

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2011, 01:56:21 PM »

:cherry:
Just picked up my bike from having the gear swap done.  30T from the tri-glide plus the (-1T belt) and replacing the stk comp with the SE comp while in there.  Does seem to pull harder thru the gears and make the 6th gear more usable than before.

Didn't seem to me that the rpms really changed all that much,  hard to be precise without a digital readout.

Krazze

« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2011, 03:36:55 PM »

got my 139t gates belt on last week and all good so far. PC-139-1. Looks a little better than the falcon I had guess I will find out. Put about 400 miles on it this past weekend.
Krazze

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2011, 05:40:45 PM »

I'm going to bring a brand new Andrews 30T gear and belt to Ribfest. If anyone is interested PM me.

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #95 on: May 12, 2011, 01:19:32 PM »

:nixweiss:
Rob......Out of curiousity,  (assuming you're going to that fest on your bike),  how are ya gonna carry that belt :confused5:

My "stock" belt is still at the dealers after my swap.  I wanted all the old parts back,  but that belt is in a box that is pretty awkward and (long) in size to carry on a bike.  Reason being..........You are NOT supposed to bend those belts in too small of a radius (can't remember the limit),  but if you do,  you risk damaging the belt fibers and significantly shortening the "life" of the belt.  So I will be picking my old one up from the dealers via my truck.

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2011, 03:09:40 AM »

Rob......Out of curiousity,  (assuming you're going to that fest on your bike),  how are ya gonna carry that belt :confused5:

My "stock" belt is still at the dealers after my swap.  I wanted all the old parts back,  but that belt is in a box that is pretty awkward and (long) in size to carry on a bike.  Reason being..........You are NOT supposed to bend those belts in too small of a radius (can't remember the limit),  but if you do,  you risk damaging the belt fibers and significantly shortening the "life" of the belt.  So I will be picking my old one up from the dealers via my truck.

no smaller than the radius of the pulley.

I doubled mine over and set it in the tour pack.

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »

The belt is still in the box I got from Steve at Fullsac. The gear is also in the original box. I actually installed the gear on my 2010 Ultra but couldn't find the right size belt at the time so I removed it and placed it back in the box. I paid around $330.00 for the pair and will sell them both for $200.00.

I drove my truck so the belt is safe and sound!  :2vrolijk_21:

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2011, 10:41:20 AM »

The belt is still in the box I got from Steve at Fullsac. The gear is also in the original box. I actually installed the gear on my 2010 Ultra but couldn't find the right size belt at the time so I removed it and placed it back in the box. I paid around $330.00 for the pair and will sell them both for $200.00.

I drove my truck so the belt is safe and sound!  :2vrolijk_21:

PM sent.
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2011, 01:27:30 PM »

Thanks Dan, PM right back atcha!

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2011, 05:21:01 PM »

After all that reading, I am still not sure of what belt to run.....

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2011, 07:28:13 PM »

:confused5:
Fast3...  It's not rocket science,  if your setup is stock,  you run the stock belt.   If you are dropping the trans sprocket to 30T and your original setup was identical to mine,  you need a belt with (one less) tooth.

Let us know what you're trying to do to alter your gearing and someone here can nail down just what belt change you might need. :drink:

FAST380

• Elite CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 . . . . . Fullsac X-Pipe - 2.25" baffles - Fueling 574 Cam's - TTS Tuner - 30 Tooth Pully W/Stock Belt- Wild One 575 Bars - Chrome Inner Primary - Kuryakyn Plate frame 9182 - Diamond Engineering Polished SS Bolt Kit - 8" Windvest - Black Agitator
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2011, 09:18:08 PM »

Yep, my bad!! I was at work, all along I had planned on ordering the tri-glide belt also, didn't realize the belt was a different size.... OOPs. Here is all the info from this thread condensed, now I just have to figure out what to use.

HD Tri-Glide Pulley 83595-11
Andrews pulley 1201-0227
Drag Specialties Belt 1204-0064
Gates Belt 77560
falcon Belt BDL-SPC-139-1
gates belt PC-139-1

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2011, 12:17:11 PM »

Just when I thought I was done with mods for this year, I stumble across this thread  :-\

I've read through all the pages of this, but I just want to clarify a couple things- so if the Tri glide 30T belt pulley works fine (at $62.23 discounted price), why bother with the Andrews or the Baker (which go for $135.00-$203.00)? I'm guessing because the Tri Glide is a bit wider, but will still work?

It looks like last year there weren't any 139T belts around, but from what I gather now, HD has one, right? Any advantage to the other brands?

After all this reading, I guess part of this mod should really be the SE compensator as well- another $210.00 to add on.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2011, 02:49:51 PM »

Just when I thought I was done with mods for this year, I stumble across this thread  :-\

I've read through all the pages of this, but I just want to clarify a couple things- so if the Tri glide 30T belt pulley works fine (at $62.23 discounted price), why bother with the Andrews or the Baker (which go for $135.00-$203.00)? I'm guessing because the Tri Glide is a bit wider, but will still work?

It looks like last year there weren't any 139T belts around, but from what I gather now, HD has one, right? Any advantage to the other brands?

After all this reading, I guess part of this mod should really be the SE compensator as well- another $210.00 to add on.
:cherry:

You're thinking about making the same swaps that I did.   First of all,  the tri-glide sprocket is wider because the TG uses a slightlly wider belt.  No matter,  as it still fits on other models and the narrower belt "centers itself" on that sprocket and all is OK.  As to the brands of belts,  I cannot speak for one versus the other,  I'm not sure that you are correct that there is a 139T from HD (in the 1" size).   Not sure just which company makes the belts that carry the HD logo,  I went with the 139T belt from Drag Specialties and I also had the SE comp installed during the swap.

The gearing is now a lot better and closer to what I was used to on my old RK Classic which had the final 3.37:1 gearing.   It's only a little over a 6% gearing increase,  but as I said it's better and the swap did not mess up my cruise control............still works OK
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 24

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 21 queries.