Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Bling Bling Bling (are we in Vegas)  (Read 2884 times)

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Bling Bling Bling (are we in Vegas)
« on: March 07, 2006, 11:48:37 PM »

Hey Y'all,  I'm fixin to get ready to put some bling on the  [smiley=cherry.gif],  Doin' the inner primary and starter (for starters)......(I know,  bad punn)...anyway,   haven't done one yet,  are there ant got ya's that I should know about????  Shimming the starter........aligning the inner primary????  What's the poop.

_Beagle [smiley=cherry.gif] [smiley=banana.gif]
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
Re: Bling Bling Bling (are we in Vegas)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 01:19:54 AM »

Hey! Screamin !
Check with H-D Dude! ( He be the man ) [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=cherry.gif]

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
  • CAUTION: Extreamly shinny. WEAR EYE PROTECTION
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 09:19:16 AM »

I have a chrome starter just waiting to go on my SEUC. I will be watching this thread for the "poop" too!
2006 FLHTCUSE
TrueDuals, 6-Speed, Stage-1, Race Tuner, High Flow
...and a shiny little bell

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 09:57:13 AM »

Got the chrome starter when I took delivery, you guys are going to love it.

It looks great and fills the dark hole created by true duals.

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 10:51:33 AM »

It no big deal to make the swaps on the primary and starter. The only thing you'll need is an electric impact to break the comp nut loose. They typically have more torgue than the air impacts. Get a manual if you don't have one! One tip is that you do not need to disassemble the clutch pack. just remove the snap ring, and remove the clutch rod to access the nut underneath. Remove the comp nut at the same time, then slide the clutch hub, comp sprocket, and chain off in one piece.

When putting the new inner on I also use a bit of clear RTV on the back side of the inner primary where it butts up to the engine. There is an o-ring there but I have had them leak a bit.

Good luck [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 10:57:03 AM »

Thanks for the tip.  I also bought the primary chain tensioner (that ratchet thingy that Harley sells),  don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing yet....time will tell.

Thanks

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 11:41:57 AM »

The only thing I can add is that the clutch basket nut (under the snapring Hddude told of) is LH thread.    You also need to be able to wedge something in between the sprockets/chain to keep everything from turning when trying to remove the compensator and clutch basket nuts.  I think you are doing the correct thing in installing the auto tensioner while all of this is apart.  Some have said when removing/installing the primary cover is to get 2 bolts the same size, cut off heads, and use them for alignment dowels.  I would set aside a whole saturday for it and if you got done in 3-4 hours, great.

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 12:13:23 PM »

Well,  I'm planning on the whole weekend.  I've got several other goodies to put on,  and that requires pretty much taking both sides of the bike apart (add time for  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] and a little extra for  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=nixweiss.gif]  and a couple of  [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=oops.gif] [smiley=oops.gif] then a little more  [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] and the project is done.

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 12:48:08 PM »

This is starting to sound like one of those un-fun projects. Maybe I sould stick to wiring projects and leave the starters and engine stuff to the dealer. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
2006 FLHTCUSE

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »

Well if ya got the ching to spend on the bling then it ain't no thing to wrench til spring. Now who'd ya bring to this little fling to drink my beers and act like the king. I got no time to hear you whine i gotta get this done cuz I'm behind .So could you be so kind to step aside to get this done so I can ride. So if chrome is what you need then run right out on your steed but stay on 2 wheels you don't need to bleed and watch out for cops if you speed. This was my poetic interpretation of the Beags and Spidey on Saturday morning as they get down to wrench. Hope ya like it. Later,Q [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]Git r Dun
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 02:45:05 PM »

Hey Y'all,
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 02:45:40 PM by Rjob749 »

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2006, 02:49:52 PM »

Been thinking about that,  I've gotta look around a little.  I have some braided shielding in the garage,  but there's no clear coating on it (hate to have those thousands of little knives right next to fresh bling).  There's gotta be something out there that will work....I just haven't found it yet.   Any ideas????

_Beagle

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2006, 02:52:28 PM »

How about that braid of your with clear heat shrink over it?
2006 FLHTCUSE

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2006, 03:06:34 PM »

I have some, only problem is that clear heat shrink is far from clear......If I find something,  I'll let you know.

_Beagle

SE_ULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
2006 FLHTCUSE
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 20 queries.