Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Bad news for kryptonite bikes  (Read 26002 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Bad news for kryptonite bikes
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2010, 07:31:33 PM »

Fired00d,

You are right.  When I first saw the Green I was taken back.  The Green with the black engine is just BAD A$$.  The wait continues.  My birthday is at the end of January, maybe it will be in by then....
I agree with you totally.... as much as like Orange/Black on Harley's I prefer the Kryptonite more out of the '11 SESG's.... it is "BAD @$$". :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 07:45:40 PM »

Guys, I totally agree.  I was at the dealer show and saw the 2011 bikes 2 days before the dealers got in.  The Kryptonite bike freaked me out, I HAD TO HAVE IT!  The first day of the show, I saw my dealer and he said, "I have one coming in Sept. 17th"  I said, I'll take it  ;D When I got back, I traded 2 of my bikes in figuring......I only have to wait a month.  Now what :o

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 RED
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 KRYPTONITE
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2010, 07:52:26 PM »

Guys, I totally agree.  I was at the dealer show and saw the 2011 bikes 2 days before the dealers got in.  The Kryptonite bike freaked me out, I HAD TO HAVE IT!  The first day of the show, I saw my dealer and he said, "I have one coming in Sept. 17th"  I said, I'll take it  ;D When I got back, I traded 2 of my bikes in figuring......I only have to wait a month.  Now what :o

Brother, you and I are in the same boat.  I ordered a 2010 Candy Concord back in April and it was to come in end of April.  I sold my 08 SE Ultra in April.  The 2010 came in mid July.  I waited to see the 2011.  I saw the GREEN and that was it.  Last week I sold my Chopper, thinking I had 2 more weeks until my new ride.  NOW I AM F'D!!!!  Our Ocean City, MD Bike week is in 2 weeks and I have NO FREAKIN bike to take.  This suxs!!!!
2011 CVO FLHXSE2 Kryptonite DYNO 132.97 RWHP and 134.89 RWTQ, Woods CAM TW-9B, ported & polished heads, CFR 4" Black, V&H power duals Black, HPI 58MM Throttle Body, SE Injectors, Painted lids w/speakers, SE tuner

2012 Kawasaki ZX-14R SE Green Blaze Edition

LoneCustom

• Junior CVO Member
  • Let's Ride!

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Glide in Crystal Citron
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2010, 12:58:58 AM »

Well, this explains a lot.  I was at my dealer last Saturday (Aug. 29) and my sales guy told me they had a Kryptonite SESG coming in November/December.  I told him I'd be interested in it and left.  Two days later, they were showing the Kryptonite bike on their web site as "Coming Soon".  Then on Thursday, the Kryptonite bike was off the web page, replaced by an Autumn Haze SESG.  I was ticked, as I thought someone had swooped in and bought the bike out from under me (so to speak).  Now it all makes sense.  I'm hoping the Greenie (as I'm now calling it) is still available;  I wouldn't mind waiting until Spring for it (can't really ride much during NY winters anyway).  Besides, I will be in a much better situation financially next year....

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 09:59:02 AM »

Well, this explains a lot.  I was at my dealer last Saturday (Aug. 29) and my sales guy told me they had a Kryptonite SESG coming in November/December.  I told him I'd be interested in it and left.  Two days later, they were showing the Kryptonite bike on their web site as "Coming Soon".  Then on Thursday, the Kryptonite bike was off the web page, replaced by an Autumn Haze SESG.  I was ticked, as I thought someone had swooped in and bought the bike out from under me (so to speak).  Now it all makes sense.  I'm hoping the Greenie (as I'm now calling it) is still available;  I wouldn't mind waiting until Spring for it (can't really ride much during NY winters anyway).  Besides, I will be in a much better situation financially next year....

Hey LoneCustom,

Your dealer is Gowanda-Harley-Davidson.  I saw they had a Greenie on cycletrader.  I also saw they had it on their web site.  I called first thing Saturday morning to tell them I will take it.  I spoke to the salesperson and they said that they did not have it and were getting the Autumn Haze instead.  Good luck with the wait....
2011 CVO FLHXSE2 Kryptonite DYNO 132.97 RWHP and 134.89 RWTQ, Woods CAM TW-9B, ported & polished heads, CFR 4" Black, V&H power duals Black, HPI 58MM Throttle Body, SE Injectors, Painted lids w/speakers, SE tuner

aero8

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 12:52:27 PM »

@wiseasp..........Thank you for posting the letter!!!!!

For me Kermit/ Hulk/ Greenie is best color of the 2011 SESG range. Therefore I will not change to another color.
If there is no other possibility.........I will buy a Honda for my 25th year with Harley!! ;D :P

Just kidding!

Aero8

tedrawlins

• A Pair Of Eagles Ready For Flight

• CVO1: 2001 BLUE FLTRSEI2 S.E. 6-speed--S.E. Perf Heads--S.E. slip-ons--77H.P.
    • CVO2: 2012 BLUE FLTRXSE Fullsac B Header--2 1/4"cores--92H.P.
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2010, 04:55:10 PM »

Followed this one ridden by a young lady into the Rapid City Harley shop parking area during Sturgis rally.  Snapped two shots with my cell-phone.  Looked great with matching tour-pak.  Some lucky girl had the only one I saw on the road that week.
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. 2001 Dyna FXDX (Jade Suglo),  1986 FXRD (Grand Touring Edition).  1992 Low Rider Conv.  1999 Road King Classic (Aztec Orange).  Miss them all.

tedrawlins

• A Pair Of Eagles Ready For Flight

• CVO1: 2001 BLUE FLTRSEI2 S.E. 6-speed--S.E. Perf Heads--S.E. slip-ons--77H.P.
    • CVO2: 2012 BLUE FLTRXSE Fullsac B Header--2 1/4"cores--92H.P.
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2010, 04:56:31 PM »

Rear View
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. 2001 Dyna FXDX (Jade Suglo),  1986 FXRD (Grand Touring Edition).  1992 Low Rider Conv.  1999 Road King Classic (Aztec Orange).  Miss them all.

HDCrazy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '15 FLTRUSE Red (Sold)- '19 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: '15 FLTRUSE Blue (Sold)
    • CVO3: '14 FLHTKSE (Sold)
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2010, 05:30:53 PM »

Awesome pics.... Thanks for posting !!

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »

Nice pics!! :2vrolijk_21:

Notice the manufacturer license plate.

It is official, all orders today were pulled from the dealers allocation list.  Either wait until next year or change the color.  I spoke to 12 dealers today and ALL changed the color to Black/Orange.  I am waiting for sure now.  They are going to make more of the Black/Orange then any color combo now.  I hope it is worth the wait! :cucumber: :cucumber:

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2010, 05:42:00 PM »

Nice pics!! :2vrolijk_21:

Notice the manufacturer license plate.

It is official, all orders today were pulled from the dealers allocation list.  Either wait until next year or change the color.  I spoke to 12 dealers today and ALL changed the color to Black/Orange.  I am waiting for sure now.  They are going to make more of the Black/Orange then any color combo now.  I hope it is worth the wait! :cucumber: :cucumber:

HOW MANY MORE????  WON'T BE MUCH OF A LIMITED # THE WAY IT SOUNDS

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2010, 06:20:11 PM »

Guys,

Those of us who wait, will have one of a very select limited edition color combo.  The Blk/Orange will be the highest production color for the 2011 CVO Streetglide, followed by the blk/crimson, the Autumn Haze, then.......KRYPTONITE! This is just my opinion but seems to make sense in light of the letter and the simple fact that most dealers AND customers will change the color to get their bike sooner. I am holding out! :cucumber: :jalapeno:

Slotbike

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2010, 06:37:02 PM »

Guys,

Those of us who wait, will have one of a very select limited edition color combo.  The Blk/Orange will be the highest production color for the 2011 CVO Streetglide, followed by the blk/crimson, the Autumn Haze, then.......KRYPTONITE! This is just my opinion but seems to make sense in light of the letter and the simple fact that most dealers AND customers will change the color to get their bike sooner. I am holding out! :cucumber: :jalapeno:

Slotbike

I am with ya brother. My dealer wanted me to change and I told him no I will wait. All the dealers I talked to said they changed the color because they are there to sell bikes NOW!!!!  I hope after all this BS HD makes this color now....

slotbike

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2010, 06:57:31 PM »

Wise,

"I hope after all this BS HD makes this color now...." This quote of yours, is the only thing that worries me. My biggest fear is that I wait (now that I got rid of both my bikes) and the MoCo decides NOT top make the Kryptonite and I have nothing!

G

wiseasp

• Senior CVO Member
  • 1BAMF

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2010, 07:35:47 PM »

Wise,

"I hope after all this BS HD makes this color now...." This quote of yours, is the only thing that worries me. My biggest fear is that I wait (now that I got rid of both my bikes) and the MoCo decides NOT top make the Kryptonite and I have nothing!

G

Like I said before G, we are in the same EXACT boat.  I sold both my bikes and now I have nothing.  Worst case is if they do not make the Kryptonite I will just get one of the other colors.  Only time will tell....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 21 queries.